• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Range

General
12 Badges
May 9, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
SAMURAI
The Intro

smap2p.jpg

For this AAR, I plan on taking a different approach in reporting the action. For Samurai, I will attempt to keep a journal of the events leading up to making Japan a great nation. The journal itself will be kept by a famous Samurai named Matsuo Basho.

29bv2d.jpg

Matsuo Basho

The start date will be October 1399.

As always, I will use default setting (no replaying of action). Whatever befalls Japan will go into record.

The version will be HTTT.

The playing and the posting will be limited to once a week so as to maximize the effort in the post and to give me time to breathe. More than likely this will be Range’s last journey so I want to make this attempt his best.

Currently, I’m working on completing my ninth ARR entitled Transylvania. I plan on finishing the ARR sometime next month. But, that does not mean I won’t start this ARR before completing it as I’m excited about playing Japan.

I hope that you follow along and give support. I invite everyone to leave comments whether they be favorable, or not. I promise to keep to a journal format which will be presented as seen through the eyes of a great Samurai.

Range, although he’s in the mix he’s not alone. He’s among a great cast of Samurai heroes. Unlike any of Range’s normal ARRs, in this work there won’t be any dialogue as if it’s scripted.

Like I said, this is a much different Range ARR than has ever been presented. I hope that everyone that reads this upcoming ARR will enjoy the attempt.

Last edited:
Another Range tale! Sounds great! :)

Very glad to see another Range AAR underway, although I hope it is not with complete finality that you say this will be Range's last adventure. Perhaps allow the poor guy to rest for a time (he certainly deserves a rest!) but I hope we do seem him once more, perhaps a few months in the future. Regardless I'll certainly be following this, the choice of nation is good, I'm very intrigued by the change in style you have alluded to and if this truly is Range's last outing, I want to see how it all ends.

This will be an epic end to such a storied writer, I can't wait to follow.

Thank you for coming aboard.

This seems like it could be great. Who doesn't like a Samurai tale? :D

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Another Range tale! Sounds great! :)

I hope my AAR will be as good as yours.

Very glad to see another Range AAR underway, although I hope it is not with complete finality that you say this will be Range's last adventure. Perhaps allow the poor guy to rest for a time (he certainly deserves a rest!) but I hope we do seem him once more, perhaps a few months in the future. Regardless I'll certainly be following this, the choice of nation is good, I'm very intrigued by the change in style you have alluded to and if this truly is Range's last outing, I want to see how it all ends.

Thank you my friend...and, rest might do the trick. If not, I hope to make this AAR a memorable one.

Best of luck with this enterprise, and thank you for your kind words. Your AARs are always interesting and I wish you all the best. :)

Best of luck with this enterprise, and thank you for your kind words. Your AARs are always interesting and I wish you all the best. :)

Thank you very much my friend. I'll need more than luck on this one. I know you work very hard on your ARR. I only hope I can do half as well.

30rmbs2.jpg

2lbmj54.jpg

29dkdu.jpg

syukqd.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, will these samurai influence your choices?

Actually, each of them have been given a tanto. Range must prove himself worthy to each of them. If Range proves unworthy, a Samurai can end Range's life.

I had major problems with page four which had the information about the tanto, and the fact that Range needed to prove himself to keep from getting killed. I had to keep posting the page and deleting it to work on the page until I got the page correct. During the time when page four wasn't on the post you must have read the entry and the first three pages. I'm sorry about the confusion...I just couldn't get the page right. Page four is now posted...now, and forevermore.

Last AAR!? The horror! Your AARs are, in my opinion, one of the defining features of EU3 AARland, and it'd be a tremendous shame to see this be your last. I'm sure it will be fantastic, as always, and so I shall follow it as ever. I hope this turns out not to be the ultimate chapter in the story of Range, but even if it is, you will have an avid reader in me.

No...thank you my friend. For following along...

Last AAR!? The horror! Your AARs are, in my opinion, one of the defining features of EU3 AARland, and it'd be a tremendous shame to see this be your last. I'm sure it will be fantastic, as always, and so I shall follow it as ever. I hope this turns out not to be the ultimate chapter in the story of Range, but even if it is, you will have an avid reader in me.

And, thank you my friend. It's because of friends like you that makes it very hard to say this will be the last chapter.

Very intriguing. I look forward to hearing more.

A very good and interesting beginning. I like the premise and the style and greatly look forward to reading how Range manages whilst working alongside such allies.

Very intriguing. I look forward to hearing more.

Well, I hope you'll enjoy the entire AAR. On Friday, or Saturday I'll begin posting the game.

A very good and interesting beginning. I like the premise and the style and greatly look forward to reading how Range manages whilst working alongside such allies.

He'll need friends of his own...and, he's got to learn to play nice with others. NAH, I don't think so. Range has to be Range.

6gvu3q.jpg

hurbs8.jpg

npj58w.jpg

2dt7hxt.jpg

qpkqcm.jpg

I just love the presentation of these updates. Fantastic!

Rangemura...awesome. Well done!