• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let's hope Range finds out the truth about Alina and Gorski!

By the way, about half way through the body of the text you've accidentally put in CZERINSKI:(to Gorski) instead of CZERINSKI: (to Gorski)

So Range played the role of hero, but didn't get the girl (for once)? Shocking stuff! Well the last few years are left to play, with none able to stand against Germany. I am looking forward to the end of thus, Range's current adventure, and the beginning of a new one (I suppose the new one is Transylvannia though).

There's a lot more to do in this AAR. And, Transylania is about to get interesting.

Let's hope Range finds out the truth about Alina and Gorski!

By the way, about half way through the body of the text you've accidentally put in CZERINSKI:(to Gorski) instead of CZERINSKI: (to Gorski)

He might find out the truth...then, again it might be too late for him to do anything about it.

He might find out the truth...then, again it might be too late for him to do anything about it.

This whole too late thing...while i understand no one wants to be trapped in a mobius loop of never ending sameness...ugh I so pitied Bill Murray in groundhog day by the end, what's the point. Range is cast adrift on the tunnel of time never to return to the same point? That emplies a high degree of suckage and of course the ability to rationalize any little.. faux pas that occur cause there is no do over.

That would suck massively.

However, I loved the update! It was fantastic. :)

This whole too late thing...while i understand no one wants to be trapped in a mobius loop of never ending sameness...ugh I so pitied Bill Murray in groundhog day by the end, what's the point. Range is cast adrift on the tunnel of time never to return to the same point? That emplies a high degree of suckage and of course the ability to rationalize any little.. faux pas that occur cause there is no do over.

I must ponder a thought for a moment

That would suck massively.

However, I loved the update! It was fantastic. :)

M-m-m-m...I wonder...

GERMANY

2ecdvtu.jpg

1821 (Looking back at the last few years of my journey through Bavaria.)

Even though I can only remember me having three wives during my stay here, some say that I have had four wives. No matter, whether it be three or even five wives there shouldn’t be a limit…considering that I haven’t aged a day since my arrival over four hundred years ago.

To further confuse the issue I have been reminded a few times of someone named Oma. Whoever she is, she’s not been here. And, who knows if she is truly the one for me. I guess, what I’m trying to say I’m in love with Alina.

My mind whirls in all directions...turmoil might be a better description of the dilemma I have been confronted with. Shortly after our first victory over Algiers, I had a special visitor. Strangely, it was me…a somewhat older me. He was worried, and rightly he should have been worried.

I remember every word of our conversation that night.

OLDER RANGE: You might not know this yet, but it’s only a matter of time until you learn that Alina isn’t in love with Gorski…she’s in love you…me.

Our conversation went on throughout the night. By daybreak, he left me with a lot of questions.

I needed time to think. Learning the news that Muscowy and Georgia were rattling their swords. I visualized the possibility of our padding the borders between them and Poland. I figured a war might be exactly what I needed to work things out.

2uzv5o7.jpg

But, what I didn’t expect was the problem that would surface due to the war.

e0rcw2.jpg

It was obvious what provinces I wanted for Germany. And, the reason for the conquest had to be clear…we were safely partitioning Poland away from Muscowy and Georgia’s war plans.

6o39uc.jpg

Of course, our mission was accomplished.

m7fau1.jpg

And, this was the thanks we got. I had planned for Germany to turn it's gaze toward the new world, but I soon began to pray that Poland would not declare war on Germany.

2di0shl.jpg

The war we were fighting against Muscowy and Georgia like every other war came to an end. But, the harsh words between Poland and Germany that continued was heading headlong toward an all out war…I had to do something.

Last edited:
How dare Poland warn a German nation who is simply trying to aid her. Aid her by previously destroying her armies, taking some of her territory, and proving a constant menace on her border. They have no cause for grievance whatsoever! Joking aside, a very good update.

How dare Poland warn a German nation who is simply trying to aid her. Aid her by previously destroying her armies, taking some of her territory, and proving a constant menace on her border. They have no cause for grievance whatsoever! Joking aside, a very good update.

Pretty much any neighbour of Germany could say the same thing

Yeah...yeah...that's the ticket...the ingrates...I do everything for them and what do they do?

Thank you for the compliment...the check is in the mail.

Yeah...it was surprise.

Pretty much any neighbour of Germany could say the same thing

Now, that's' just what I need a tag team bout...Germany versus every nation in Europe, if not the world.

BAVARIA

GERMANY

2ecdvtu.jpg

Chapter 60

1821 (Nearing the end of the journey - Looking back)

That night when I was talking to myself...I knew what the older me was saying. But, I didn't like what it implied.

OLDER RANGE: I know you're a young guy and you're just starting out...but, if you and Alina ever get together... there's a good chance the whole world is going to change.

MYSELF: No Oma you mean?

OLDER RANGE: That's a no for a lot of things. A lot of people I know will cease to exist...or, rather they'll
never be born. That will affect history...because many of them weren't travelers.

After the older me left that morning my thoughts turned to Alina, recalling how we came to meet again in Poland just after the war. But, I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Shortly after the date for the next war had been cast in stone I approached the border of Poland.

MYSELF: I'm on a diplomatic mission from Germany...let me pass.

POLISH CAPTAIN: Let me see your papers.

After reading my papers the captain shook his head as if he wasn't sure what to do. I suppose, looking back now ...the poor captain was in a quandary because of who I was. But, I had no idea what I gotten myself into.

Taken to Warsar I soon found myself walking into a windowless room...the cell door noisily-slowly closing shut behind me. I was a prisoner of the Polish Military. My prospects of seeing anyone from the Polish government was as remote as was the possibility of me surviving this captivity. The fact was other than a few members of the Polish military, no one else knew where I was.

And, it was just my luck that I wasn't alone. In the cell with me was a traveling minstrel. Just by the way he was playing his instrument I knew the man's future looked as dim as mine.

MYSELF: You sir, are a spy...and, to see you in here with me I'd dare say not a very good one.

He strummed his domra for an instant, before stopping to explain. “I’m a skomoroski a performer...I have many talents but one is not spying.”

“And, what’s that you’re playing?” I asked,

“It’s kind of dorma, but as you can see it has a triangular body. It’s named balalaika. The name is from two languages... bela from Mongolian and the Russian word balakatj which means to chat...it chats just like violin...no?”

“Yes my friend...just like violin.

He said his name was Morchinski. During the time we spent in our cell he shared a very sad tale of what had become of his people ...I would like to share what he told me, but that is for another time.

Shortly after being imprisoned the war broke out.

5f2hb4.jpg

Talking about the roof falling in on you.

2n9j4ba.jpg

The German Army did what it had to do...take out the opposition one by one.

28c226r.jpg

Germany really took it out on Poland, nearly wiping out their entire Polish army...while my boys were trying to locate me.

2dhrx5i.jpg

My name wasn’t on the documents of surrender. But, I was freed. Of course, I made it very clear to my captives that I wasn’t going anywhere without my good friend Morchinski.

RANGE: With there being so few Skomoroskis in the world I have to save Morchinski from the gallows. Either he goes free or I'm not going anywhere.

Through my persistence he was released into the care of the German government. In agreeing to set Morchinski free the Polish government also said they'd do one better. At the time I didn't know what they meant.

2psouoi.jpg

France was still being taken a part...piece by piece. And, it all stemmed from them breaking one too many alliances with Germany.

flddkw.jpg

Spain was an afterthought...and, I couldn't in faith let them off the hook like I did Norway.

eq362b.jpg

My thought
s drifted to the new world.

Last edited:
Range seems rather melancholic, although I suppose most would be if they were locked up for some time. At least he is still attempting good deeds, as his demand for the release of Morchinski shows. Regardless, this adventure comes even closer to its end, Germany easily besting yet more foolish foes. I'm very interested to find out exactly how this will all end.

Range seems rather melancholic, although I suppose most would be if they were locked up for some time. At least he is still attempting good deeds, as his demand for the release of Morchinski shows. Regardless, this adventure comes even closer to its end, Germany easily besting yet more foolish foes. I'm very interested to find out exactly how this will all end.

I'm curious as well...

BAVARIA

GERMANY

2ecdvtu.jpg

Chapter 61

1821 – (The hours dwindle)

Time grows short before I’ll be returning home. Still, there was still a lot to be taken care before leaving.

Looking back after our war with just about half of Europe, I was kind of looking forward to returning home if only to begin another journey.

But, before going I had to make certain that I got my good friend Morchinski a very important job with the crown. Through it, he would be allowed to bring many of his family and friends to live in our nation. They would welcomed and have a home and a country that they could call their own.

The Skomoroskis would go on to be known far and wide as entertainers. In their new positions, they would perform for the Kings and Queens as well as traveling throughout the land as the Skomorokski Circus.

They would performed at many national celebrations and festivals. They were truly a people of many talents, such as clowns, actors, acrobats, jugglers, magicians, puppeteers as well singers, dancers and musicians.

2v00hhz.jpg

8zr821.jpg

I knew they’d be alright. At long last Morchinski and his people would no longer be tormented or abused. They were now citizens of Germany.

As for Alina my thoughts of her were foremost in my mind.

But, even the thoughts of Alina were rudely pushed aside by wars...and, they weren’t over...not by a long shot.

n5lfee.jpg

I laughed in disbelief...

2dtssh5.jpg

Of course you know this meant war.

262mlno.jpg

And, we wasted little precious time in attacking our old friends the Algerians.

16a42fr.jpg

We were just finishing something we started

2nvt6jl.jpg

That’s all folks...for the Fez I mean.

Last edited:
I own a fez.... quite a pleasant fez too. I don't think it was ever a German vassal, though.

BAVARIA

2ecdvtu.jpg

GERMANY

1821 – Long Island, New York

Chapter 62 (looking back at the final years of my journey)

By the time 1817 rolled along, my thoughts were found to race back and fourth. One minute my conscience would win out, I would not pursue Alina. But, the next minute my heart always swing my feelings back to my love for Alina.

With time dwindling down to four precious years. The time for a decision was growing near. Would I decide to return to the Long Island facility alone, or travel back to my time with Alina?

WAR! CONQUEST…I had grown weary.

Like my older self explained on that evening years ago, “Like Alexander…what is there for you to defeat…find a reason for war, or retire from all the fighting.”

It would be war…I wanted to take the fight to the Manluks. I had wondered how far I could extend Germany’s hand. There was one last chance for me to find out.

1zn8rkh.jpg

It wasn’t much of a war…

ipuy5e.jpg

Mecca is in German hands.

j121hz.jpg

Germany had gained a great number of provinces, but what I heard was not awe from the rest of the world…instead only anger. Germany is hated………………..

Now, there was only one last frontier for me to conquer for Germany…to make a lasting impression no matter the consequences. But, there was another reason. I wanted to be as close to Long Island as I could to make the transportation back up line as easy as possible when the time came to return.

The older me said that Louis was having problems locating me. To simplify things he suggested I go to Long Island and wait out the last few moments there.

BAVARIA

GERMANY

2ecdvtu.jpg

30 December 1821 – Long Island, New York

Chapter 63 (looking back at the final years of my journey)

My mind had been made up for years. I was certain that I had made the right decision regarding Alina and me. Now, it was time to say goodbye to Bavaria and Germany. I was going home…There would be other journey’s.

In the closing months of this journey a lot took place.

qxs8pj.jpg

I sold Leinster to Munster for what can be best described as a handshake. No sooner had the transfer been made, Ireland was born a free nation.

9h6qzt.jpg

And, there was another war, To get both Spain and Wales into the embroiled into this struggle, without breaking the truce…I declared war on their Ally…Quebec.

14myl4k.jpg

Time was running out…so, the war had to end quickly. Wales gave up first.

2mnnnuv.jpg

Spain gathered all the troops they could in the new world…to no avail,

30kyfpt.jpg

Spain surrendered a number of provinces. The payment was agreed on in my lodging on Long Island.

21x2t2.jpg

Goodbye Germany.

1yl509.jpg

About an hour ago I said farewell to the thirty or forty thousand troops here in the new world. In all, Germany had 1320 regiments.

dzbc7l.jpg

ALINA: How do I look? Ready to return home?

RANGE: Alina…no matter what happens you’re the one for me.

But, what is this going to do to the Transylvania journey that’s going on right at this moment…of course if you think about…

Transylvania (ARR) Entry 15 is being posted a few minutes from now,

Last edited:
A very nice few updates. Things seem to be winding up quite well, and frankly I do think Range made the right choice regarding Alina. Regardless he seems ready to focus his talents upon future adventures, which is all to the good.

A very nice few updates. Things seem to be winding up quite well, and frankly I do think Range made the right choice regarding Alina. Regardless he seems ready to focus his talents upon future adventures, which is all to the good.

Thank you...and, of course you know this may play havoc with all the other Range's AARS...and, what about Oma?