• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BAVARIA

2ecdvtu.jpg

GERMANY

Chapter 64 – The Conclusion

31 December 1994 – Long Island, New York

Louis Walcott, the director for the Long Island facility was pacing frantically.

The young Range is still missing.

RILEY: I’ve checked everywhere…he’s gone.

WALCOTT: (beat) We’ve checked everywhere except for one logical place.

RILEY: Where?

WALCOTT: Here…on these very grounds. (pause) Set the date to the 31st of December in the year of 1821.

Seconds pass as Riley works the controls.

RILEY: (beat) There he is! (pause) And, he’s not alone.

WALCOTT: Is he in danger?

RILEY: Ah…it depends.

31 December 1821 – Long Island, New York.

Range and Alina are embracing.

ALINA: How long are we supposed to keep doing this?

RANGE: What…are you complaining? I thought you said you were cold.

A moment later they vanished.

31 December 1994 – Long Island, New York

Range and Alina having arrived, were soon brought into the control room.

Walcott and Riley are in the control room.

WALCOTT (relieved) Welcome back!

RANGE: Did you miss me?

WALCOTT: Yes…and, who is this?

RANGE: This is Alina.

ALINA: We’re married.

Range appeared solemn.

RANGE: Excuse me hun… (to Walcott) Louis can I speak to you in private?

WALCOTT: Of course...

Range and Walcott walk off.

RILEY: So, how long have you known Range?

ALINA: The funny thing is I met Range during another time journey to Poland. He was much older.

Riley looked confused.

RILEY: Poland?

Walcott and Range stop out of earshot of Alina and Riley.

WALCOTT: She’s very pretty.

RANGE: (beat) Thanks.

WALCOTT: What’s wrong?

RANGE: I met myself…a much older me…from 2010.

WALCOTT: Go on…

RANGE: Well, nothing happened. But, he did try to talk me out of marrying Alina. It’s seems that I’m married to someone named Oma in the future.

WALCOTT: Well, a lot can happen in sixteen years maybe you will marry this Oma.

ALINA: (laughingly) Range…can we start our honeymoon?

WALCOTT: Go on your honeymoon. We’ll talk when you get back.

RANGE: That’s just it…we were hoping to honeymoon down line on another journey.

WALCOTT: (sighs) Well, I don’t know…we almost weren’t able to retrieve you. We’ll see.

Range moved to rejoin Alina.

Walcott appeared disturbed over the news. He moved over to a cabinet and pulled out a file. It was Oma’s file.

Halloween 2010 – Long Island, New York

WALCOTT: I went over to Range’s home earlier.

RILEY: How is he doing?

WALCOTT: I don’t know…Range and Oma weren’t home.

RILEY: That’s right…you told me they were going to some Halloween party in the Catskills.

WALCOTT: That’s right…I had forgotten when I showed up at their home. But, it would appear, unless I went to the wrong house that someone else lives in their home now.

Suddenly, the air in the control room became visible in forming waves.

RILEY: What was that?

WALCOTT: That…my dear friend was a disturbance in time…something has changed. (pause) What were we discussing?

RILEY: About Range and Alina being away.

Eerie.

Yeah...and this all came about because Walcott wanted to keep the younger Range from getting bonked on the head, and thus saving the older Range from dying in 2010.

Freaky
This is the kind of thing that happens when you mess with time...Can you imagine the amount of Wolcott's liability insurance?
My mind boggles.

At least, Range is still walking about even if it leads to the end of the world.

PASSERBY: Yep...it's the end of the world.

Great stuff playing on the worry that changing something in the past will change the present. Hopefully things can be righted, I get the feeling it will take another adventure from Range for this to happen though, which is a very good thing.

Great stuff playing on the worry that changing something in the past will change the present. Hopefully things can be righted, I get the feeling it will take another adventure from Range for this to happen though, which is a very good thing.

Yeah...I already have one in mind...as soon as I finish Transylvania I'll begin it. I don't think I will ever do two AARs at the same time again. But, first, as soon as I finish Transylvania I'll upgrade.