• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like it. Very nice. :)

Thank you.

I'm sorry it became as long as it did. But, I had to show Range turning around to what he was or became in the other AARs. This is supposed to be his first adventure. All the AARs written before hand were also of him, but they are supposed to be journeys that took place after this AAR...confused?

Stick around...you'll never know what I might come up with...the road might get quite bumpy.

Last edited:
GERMANY

There are 13 screenshots in this post

2ecdvtu.jpg

Chapter 55

Three souls stand on the gallows…Kucharski the cook, Duda the bagpiper, and Donald the drummer boy. Their friends stood below staring up at them.

Range in full uniform was also on the gallows. He was staring down at the four friends.

CZERINSKI: Besides being a bad cook Kucharski doesn’t deserve to die…at least not this way.

NOWAK: What abut Donald?

SAWICKI: Range won’t hang the boy…you’ll see.

KOWALCZYK: I can’t take that chance.

Kowalczyk took a step toward the gallows.

NOWAK: Kow, what are you doing?

KOWALCZYK: Range…take my life in place of the boy!

Troops moved, to force him back in line.

CZERINSKI: No, let me take his place!

NOWAK: No, take me!

Range standing on the gallows appeared unmoved by their cries. Instead, he stared down at Colonel Wertz who was seated upon his horse

The Colonel looked remorseful.

Range eyes then fell on Sawicki. The old man made a motion to his chest as if he was asking for Range to take him. When Range nodded yes, the old man made his move toward the gallows.

RANGE: Let the old man pass! (to Donald) Go join the others.

But, Donald waited for Sawicki to joined them on the gallows. He didn’t want to leave, at least not this way.

Sawicki kneeling down to the boy, spoke like a father to a son.

SAWICKI: Donald, remember…never count yourself more important than another, and trust in all that is good. Live a wholesome life and your deeds will keep you your whole life through.

Donald then slowly began to move down the steps.

Once, Donald had reached Czerinski, Nowak and Kowalczyk, the three began to cry out once more, “Take me in place of Duda,” and, “Take me in place of Kucharski” and “Take me in place of Sawicki!”

Hearing this, Range moved up in front of Kucharski to speak to him.

RANGE: (to Kucharski) Do you want one of your friends to take your place?

KOWALCZYK: No one takes my place…do you hear me!

RANGE: (to Duda) How about you…do you want someone to take your place?

DUDA: No one takes my place!

SAWICKI: You already know my answer.

Range stared down at the Colonel, hoping to hear something from him. But, the Colonel remained silent. Range then turned to the three friends on the ground.

RANGE: (crazed) Here’s your chance…do you really want to die for your friends this day?

All three of them yelled back, “Yes!”

RANGE: Then, climb these stairs as if you mean it…let them pass!

They began race for the stairs, and soon bolted up the stairs.

The three on the gallows pleaded, “No!”

SERGEANT SPENCER: No…take me!

ANOTHER SOLDIER: No…Take me!

THIRD SOLDIER: Take Me!

RANGE: COLONEL…I ASK YOU, ARE THESE MEN COWARDS!

COLONEL WERTZ: NO!

Not far from the Polish border, Range was riding beside Angus. He was no longer in uniform. And, as they drew closer to the Polish border Range's hopes of winning Alina's heart grew stronger.

ANGUS: You did a fine job Range proving those men’s innocence. Of course I don’t fully approve of your methods.

Range laughed.

ANGUS: I didn’t tell you before…but, one of the men from Krakow...that the Colonel choose for execution was your Great-Grandfather.

RANGE: And, you’re telling me this now?

ANGUS: Well, I didn’t want you to forget the other men.

RANGE: What’s that? If you think that you don’t know me.

Angus briefly looked over his shoulder.

RANGE: (cont) It’s a matter of doing what is right…I’d be first admit I lost my bearings for a while…but, that’s all behind me now.

Angus once again looked over his shoulder.

RANGE: And, when I say doing things what is right…I mean for everyone, before taking care of yourself.

Angus again looked over his shoulder.

RANGE: Are we being followed?

Range looked over his shoulder and spied someone.

RANGE: Oh, no…how long have they’ve been following us?

Range then whistled to catch the men’s attention.

RANGE: (Cont) Oh right…everyone front and center immediately!

Czerinski and the others, including Donald soon joined Range.

RANGE: Okay, what’s the meaning of this?

CZERINSKI: We’ve been transferred.

RANGE: To whom?

CZERINSKI: You…

ANGUS: (quip) It’s said it takes twelve Scotsmen and a bagpipe to start a revolt…you’ve now got six Poles, a drummer and a bagpipe…I suppose that constitutes a small revolt. (pause) Range…these men will follow you into hell…you cannot lead them into Poland for they surely will die. And as such, I think it’s only fair for me to point out something you just stated…

RANGE: Czerinski…take the lead.

CZERINSKI: Sure…but, to where?

RANGE: (beat) Due West…toward the French border.

Czerinski took the lead, followed by Range. The others fell into line behind Range in double ranks.

RANGE: Mister Duda!

ANGUS: Range you wouldn’t…

RANGE: Play us a tune.

ANGUS: May the saints preserve us…the man can’t play that blasted thing!

For now Range will forgo his quest of Alina's heart.

6pyyop.jpg

Let me take a moment to explain the skull and crossbones insignia that was on the men’s hats. It was to stand for revenge against the French for killing their leader in battle.

While Range was on leave, Germany had gotten Munster to agree to an alliance. Which would soon prove to be one of two mistakes Munster would make.

1zeq6c.jpg

Of course when Munster heard that Germany was at war, they made their second mistake by breaking the alliance with Germany,

2zefs44.jpg

Germany would bring this war to the new world.

2m83ywg.jpg

m9bomr.jpg

9bj8dg.jpg

KING JOESPH III: You didn’t think we’d let them get away with breaking an alliance with Germany…did you?

But, the war also drew Ireland against Germany.

ao57bs.jpg

15813jr.jpg

348jacp.jpg

RANGE: Finally, Mainland France has been contained…

2hfq5o9.jpg

KING JOESPH III: Welcome back Range…and, in payment for your contribution in making Germany the greatest nation on Earth…I hereby give you Leinster to rule over and to with as you deem appropriate…you are its King. (pause) Knowing quite well of how you gave Wurzburg back to Germany…we will not have a repeat performance with Leinster…is that clear?

23w9mza.jpg

RANGE: Yes, your Majesty…I shall not return Leinster back to Germany. As for Ireland I would appreciate if Germany would make a white peace with that nation.

KING JOESPH III: It shall be done in your behalf…seeing they hold Leinster and we hold Meath.

rhpoon.jpg

1200 regiments…another pledge fulfilled.

Last edited:
That's damn impressive, Range! 1200 regiments is a massive host. You are kicking ass and taking names...my hat off to you (if I had one!).

That's damn impressive, Range! 1200 regiments is a massive host. You are kicking ass and taking names...my hat off to you (if I had one!).

Thank you. The only way I can afford so many troops is through trade and tax assessors. Every province has a tax assessor and I've build almost everything else...except for upgrading forts to full extent. And, I'm still making money without inflation. It's wild.

Excellent updates. A very nice scenario with regards to the gallows so as to bring Range finally back to his senses, with him putting the wellbeing of others before his own needs, as is usually his way. Germany has already reached all-powerful status, a rejuvenated Range leading her will help though!

Excellent updates. A very nice scenario with regards to the gallows so as to bring Range finally back to his senses, with him putting the wellbeing of others before his own needs, as is usually his way. Germany has already reached all-powerful status, a rejuvenated Range leading her will help though!

The AAR is coming to the end...thankfully I came up with an idea to turn him around otherwise the series wouldn't make sense with Range being out of step. After all, this is supposed to be his actual first Journey (originally it was suppose to be only a test run in time travel).

And, I have you to thank in hinting to what had to be done. Thank you.

Nicely done. An army of 1200 regiments is truly impressive!

The road is getting bumpy

...Long and winding road. It doesn't look like Range will ever see Alina again. But, look at the bright side there's always Oma. And, Range is becoming the Range that everyone knows.

GERMANY

2ecdvtu.jpg

Chapter 56

CAPTAIN STORM: Range…a representative of Queen Anna I is asking for an audience with you.

RANGE: Send him in.

Range stood to greet the representative.

CAPTAIN STORM: Range…General Jose Fernando de Acuna.

RANGE: Come in sir…I hope this doesn’t mean your declaring war on us.

GENERAL JOSE FERNANDO de ACUNA: No…but, I have given permission by my Queen and your King Joseph I to speak to you on a most important matter.

RANGE: Well, by the look of your face…you bring sad tidings…

GENERAL JOSE FERNANDO de ACUNA: As you know after many years we have recently lost our provinces in North Africa. What you don’t know many of our people were not able to flee the region before the Fez seized Tangiers.

RANGE: What you’re saying is that a number of your merchants are being held in Tangiers.

GENERAL JOSE FERNANDO de ACUNA: That is true…along with their families, and our ambassador and his family and the families of those captured in the embassy. .

RANGE: Well, maybe you should try to get them out. Pay a ransom…they’re pirates aren’t they.

GENERAL JOSE FERNANDO de ACUNA: They are cutthroats and slavers. If we made a move to free them…they might execute all of them.

RANGE: How many of your people are there?

GENERAL JOSE FERNANDO de ACUNA: Around two hundred.

RANGE: I’ll give my answer in the morning.

After the General had left, Range began to calling out to his friends.

RANGE: (cont) Alright…where are you guys when I need you. What do I do? Why should I spill my men’s blood? The entire world hates us!

2d6qxk1.jpg

RANGE: What else can we do…

9gwx7b.jpg

RANGE: But, go to war.

256dwrb.jpg

RANGE: We saved every one of the Spanish subjects imprisoned in Tangiers.

ae1b0n.jpg

King Adolf Johan II of Sweden has been captured.

RANGE: Your men fought bravely…

111ibz9.jpg

RANGE: But, it’s time to surrender and end the bloodshed.

im5ug8.jpg

11rabs5.jpg

Victory is complete.

Alexandria is a big gain, a very rich COT too.

Splendid conquests!

GERMANY

2ecdvtu.jpg

Chapter 57

Range was in Casablanca when the word arrived.

Captain Storm handed Range a list.

CAPTAIN STORM: Those are the known names of the Poles that were on the Merchantman Plomien. The captain’s log was found in his cabin. The list of names was copied from that log.

RANGE: What do you known of the attack?

CAPTAIN STORM: Only what the Milanese Captain told me. When they arrived to chase off the pirates the Plomien was a blaze.

Range’s face turned pale in seeing Alina’s name on the list.

RANGE: Any survivors?

CAPTAIN STORM: Not on the boat. (pause)

RANGE: Go on…

CAPTAIN STORM: The Milanese captain said he did not find Commander Alina’s body.

RANGE: (beat) leave me.

Alone in his office, Range stared down at the map on his desk.

RANGE: (cont) (to self) Algiers…pirates, slavers…they better not lay so much as finger on her. (pause) SERGEANT CZERINSKI!

Czerinski entered and snapped to attention.

RANGE: Gather the boys…

CZERINSKI: Donald too?

RANGE: (beat) No…and, send for Colonel Wertz.

Last edited:
Range being Range.

Or rather; Range being the true Range, and not the shadow of the man we saw for all too long during this AAR! Cracking stuff to see him acting in the correct manner once more.

Or rather; Range being the true Range, and not the shadow of the man we saw for all too long during this AAR! Cracking stuff to see him acting in the correct manner once more.

RANGE: And, I have you to thank for proding the writer...in heading me in the right direction. It took him long enough to right things...and let me be me.

BAVARIA

(I'm sorry about the time between posts, but I have been under the weather for the past two weeks.)

There are about twelve screen shots in this post.

GERMANY

2ecdvtu.jpg

The Emir ‘Adal al-Wahid Essaid of Algiers greeted Range in his throne room. Although the ruler appeared quite friendly, he was actually putting up a front.

Range had brought along his friends from the gallows, Czerinski, Nowak, Duda, Swaicki, Kowalczyk, Kucharski and Donald. Range wasn’t happy that Donald tagged along. Even though Donald was now a little older, he was still only a drummer and Range and the others were on a dangerous if not a downright foolhardy mission.

EMIR: I was surprised to learn that you asked for an audience.

RANGE: And, I was somewhat surprised by the fact you didn't answer the call to arms in the last war.

EMIR: Why should that surprise you? I for one have no wish to lose my kingdom to Germany in some foolish war. But, of course your curiosity alone did not bring you to my shore?

RANGE: A Polish merchantman Plomien was attacked by pirates recently. And, I've been hard pressed to find out what became of a very close friend of mine that was on board that ship ... her name was Alina.

A Hand Maiden stopped and stared at Range when hearing Alina’s name. She soon hurries from the throne room.

RANGE: (cont.) Her body wasn’t found on the boat.

EMIR: Maybe your friend fell overboard and drowned during the struggle.

Range stares menacing at the Emir.

The Hand Maiden headed to the room where Alina was being kept.

HAND MAIDEN: Mistress.

ALINA: Tell your Emir I will never marry him.

HAND MAIDEN: NO...soldiers have arrived asking about you.

ALINA: Who?

HANDMAIDEN: German soldiers...their leader’s named Range.

Alina acting quickly ...takes the comb (that Range gave her in chapter 52), and hands it through the bars in the door to the Hand Maiden.

ALINA: Return to them ...and, make certain that Range notices the comb. Do you understand?

The Hand Maiden shook her head yes.

Back in the throne room, Range grows weary of the Emir’s games.

EMIR: What’s left for me to assure you that this...Alina is not to be found in my kingdom?

RANGE: In hearing that there's not much I can say...but, if she was to be found here it's cause for war.

The Hand Maiden returns with a tray of food delights. She turns to stop directly in front of Range, blocking the Emir's view. She bows...revealing the comb to Range.

Range reaching for a fig, sees the comb. His eyes meet the Hand Maiden’s dark brown eyes. At first he was mad, but he soon softened when he realized that she had been sent by Alina.

He turns slightly to Czerinski, and gives him a nod.

RANGE: (cont) Gather the boys...tell them to prepare...we leave in the morning.

Czerinski's face turns solemn. He knows what he has to do. He leaves.

Almost immediately Range's boys, led by Czerinski burst into the throne room and quickly dispatch the guards in the room.

Before the Emir can sound the alarm Range has his sword pressed against the ruler’s throat.

RANGE: (to Emir) I wouldn't do anything rash...if you know what I mean. Kowalczyk, Kucharski close and guard those doors.(to Hand Maiden) Can you take us to Alina?

EMIR: You, and your men will never get out of my palace alive...and, if you think you can free Alina you’re more mad than I suspected...

HAND MAIDEN: The Emir is right. There are at least fifty men guarding the passage way to her room.

CZERINSKI: We're going to need more men and quick.

RANGE: Yeah, it's a cinch we can't hold out here forever.

EMIR: Then, your only move is to surrender.

DUDA: Do I send the message?

RANGE: Might as well...Nowak go with him, take Sawicki. (to Emir) Remember you’re still our prisoner.

Duda, Nowak and Sawicki leave, with Donald following close behind.

A short while later, one of the Emir’s captains opens a door to the throne room and enters to announce the arrival of Gorski. Seeing Range holding his sword to his Emir the captain yells out.

EMIR’S CAPTAIN: Alarm!

Czerinski puts the captain to the sword with little effort.

Range spots Gorski standing in the doorway

RANGE: Gorski, get in here!

CZERINSKI: (to Gorski) Come...join us...

Gorski, looking back, waves for his patrol to follow him into the throne room. Once inside the room, the doors to the throne are closed once more.

RANGE: Barricade those doors.

EMIR: You and these others will never get out of here alive.

RANGE: You let us worry about that. You just worry about staying alive, cause if all hell breaks loose in here you'll be the first to die.

GORSKI: What’s going on?

RANGE: (to Gorski) He’s holding Alina.

GORSKI: Is she alright?

RANGE: She’s fine...only the Emir here wants her to be his blushing bride.

GORSKI: There's something I have to tell you...

Range notices the Emir attempting to sneak off.

RANGE: (to Emir) And, where do you think you're going?

On the top of the palace walls...Duda is heard playing his bag pipes...a signal for Colonel Wertz to begin his attack with the several thousand German troops that have already come ashore.

A palace guard, having heard the alarm, notices Duda standing on the wall. He let loose an arrow that strikes Duda in the side. Duda, wounded, falls to the walkway.

A moment later, Nowak makes quick work of the guard. Wheeling about he notices Douglas, who is tending to Duda.

NOWAK: Douglas, a cadence please.

With that Douglas snaps to attention and begins beating his drum.

In the throne room, the barricade soon gives way and the Emir’s men begin to swarm into the room. Hand to hand combat quickly begins to rule the moment.

Range’s and Gorski and his men fight bravely, but, they can not hope to withstand such an onslaught for long.

Range has just finished off two of the Emir’s men when he grabs the ruler and throws him to the floor. He applies his foot on top of the Emir’s body, his sword now pressing down against him.

RANGE: Lay down your arms...or your Emir dies. And, I mean every one I said. I’ll do it!

The Emir’s troops helplessly stare at Range...who’s eyes bore the rage of a madman.

SULTAN: He will not kill me.

RANGE: Would a sane man think to take over your palace with just six men? Tell them to back off!

Mixed in with Donald’s drum cadence, the naval guns of the Germany fleet were heard to blaze away.

The Emir waves the men away.

Outside in the place garden shooting is heard.

RANGE: That's the rest of my army.

GORSKI: Range...Alina...

RANGE: Czerinski...grab some troops and follow Gorski. I’ll catch up when I get relieved...hurry!

Gorski, stares at Range for a moment.

GORSKI: Welcome back Range.

Gorski hurried from the room.

The battle for the palace had been won. Gorski freed Alina from her captivity. As soon as she seen him she threw her arms about his neck.

That’s when Range, for the moment all smiles, knowing that Alina was safe approached her cell room. Immediately, upon seeing his love hugging Gorski he mistook the moment.

Alina was glad to be rescued, even though her arms were about her rescuer, her heart belonged to Range. Of course Range did not know this, seeing this moment he resigned himself not to make a scene or to intrude. Instead, he turned and walked away.

To Range, Gorski and Alina were the closest to family he’s ever known. Now, he figured it was time to step aside, and let them make a life together.

Range was long gone when Gorski shared the news.

GORSKI: You have your love to thank for your freedom.
ALINA: Range...I know he’s here...where is he'

That very evening Range set sail to continue the fight.
Alina and Gorski arrived at the pier just in time to see his ship sailing away.

Upon his ship Range could see Alina and Gorski.

RANGE: They make a nice couple ...don't you think?

CZERINSKI: (sad) Yes sir.

Upon the shore, Alina cries bitterly.

2igj1ig.jpg

This is how the war played out.

mwfjba.jpg

After the Polish navy dropped off Gorski, the German army quickly moved into position.

1snw2q.jpg

At sea, the German navy made quick work of the enemy's combined fleet.

24e6wp0.jpg

RANGE: The coast must be made secure...the pirates shall have fewer ports to sail from, or retreat to.

24mt5dg.jpg

RANGE: And, we'll be back.

1zvxqvb.jpg

RANGE: Here's to making the coast a much safer place to sail past.

6pq0es.jpg

RANGE: Find safer allies.

k0mx3c.jpg

RANGE: I wonder how far south we can liberate.

zk6f5l.jpg

RANGE: The King doesn't take too kindly in being declared war on.

r855za.jpg

RANGE: Now, there's an oddity...not only is the King the Emperor of the Holy Empire, but he's now the Controller as well.

2wd3pzp.jpg

RANGE: I kind of knew the King didn't want another vassal.

Last edited:
So Range played the role of hero, but didn't get the girl (for once)? Shocking stuff! Well the last few years are left to play, with none able to stand against Germany. I am looking forward to the end of thus, Range's current adventure, and the beginning of a new one (I suppose the new one is Transylvannia though).