• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Distant Stars info
Also not from Wiz, but part of the announcement trailer for Distant Stars.

Forum icon (species pic):

dist_st_incetives_po-v2.png

Also:

1.jpg

2018_04_12_3.jpg

2018_04_12_5.jpg

2018_04_12_7.jpg

2018_04_12_9.jpg

Some Context:

MAIN FEATURES

Behind Closed Doors: Discover hidden traces of an ancient gateway network unlocking a sealed path to a constellation outside our own galaxy. But is this door holding something out, or keeping something in?

Sensors are Picking up… That Can’t be Right: Encounter dozens of new anomalies and events for your intrepid scientists to observe and analyze, and a galaxy of wonders for them to discover.

Brave New Worlds: Plot unexplored unique solar systems, each with their own story to tell. Gain technology, resources, and valuable worlds to colonize.

There’s Always a Bigger Fish: Come face to face with a number of unique gargantuan creatures that exist and thrive in the vacuum of space. But approach with caution, because whether gentle giants or something more sinister, these legendary behemoths have existed long before you and will do what it takes to survive long after.

Well binary systems and hunting hyperlanes seems to be the tl;dr here. Meanwhile stuff that should be in game isnt and the stuff 2.0 broke isnt really being discussed. If the team stands by stuff like the new way borders work or the war system then fine come out and say. If it is being handled say that too. I still cant get 200 years into a mp game without lag and desyncs killing it.

What little diplomatic game there was is worse as now you have to border people. Still shallow political game, still shallow pops. Sectors still dont work. Space castles dont work. Travel times in a medium sized empire is literally years. Pirates make you want to hurt youreself and khans not working.

I would welcome nice new quest lines and more interesting and unique galaxies but if you want me and my friends playing it regularly again then please address that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well binary systems and hunting hyperlanes seems to be the tl;dr here. Meanwhile stuff that should be in game isnt and the stuff 2.0 broke isnt really being discussed. If the team stands by stuff like the new way borders work or the war system then fine come out and say. If it is being handled say that too. I still cant get 200 years into a mp game without lag and desyncs killing it.
Why would they discuss bug fixes in a DLC announcement? Those are inevitably coming and this is especially ridiclious considering that they just recently launched the beta of (IIRC) 2.0.4.

Furthermore the idea of something "should've been in the game" is so ridiculously subjective and broad as to be useless, none of this are core gameplay mechanics and as such I think it's fine content for a story pack.

What little diplomatic game there was is worse as now you have to border people. Still shallow political game, still shallow pops. Sectors still dont work. Space castles dont work. Travel times in a medium sized empire is literally years. Pirates make you want to hurt youreself and khans not working.
And? Diplomacy is something that will be focused in a major patch, all of this has exactly zero relevance to the existence of a recently announced story pack.

I would welcome nice new quest lines and more interesting and unique galaxies but if you want me and my friends playing it regularly again then please address that.
And the idea that it's either story pack or fixes is just ridiculous, story packs do not require significant dev resources due to their smaller size and fund the free content. Thus these complaints are extremely myopic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should we be worried because one of the "new" leviathans in those promotional pictures is a recoloured Ether Drake? Hopefully they just want to avoid spoiling the actual NEW leviathans...

hy would they discuss bug fixes in a DLC announcement? Those are inevitably coming and this is especially ridiclious considering that they just recently launched the beta of (IIRC) 2.0.4.

And the AI is still bad, sectors are annoying and star bases as defense stations are nothing more than window dressings. Four minor patches and no changes here. Heck, sectors were bad since 1.0 and there are only minor improvements as in 'now you can micro your sectors so they suck less!'.

What an interesting development.

Looking at the new forum avatar, it seems that they've heard the cries for more alien-looking aliens.

Not from Wizz, but still

Dbed-ECXUAE3XgG.jpg

Any fans of Hawking Radiation here? Because we've got some!

@StellarisGame

I think I have seen this image somewhere... Oh right, it was in my head!

It would be very intriguing to find a system with multiple black holes and have wierd anomalies in it, or even a leviathan like the Dimensional Horror (multiple rifts in space-time).

As The Worm told me that day, black hole rifts system will be. Glad to see it implemented!

And the AI is still bad, sectors are annoying and star bases as defense stations are nothing more than window dressings. Four minor patches and no changes here. Heck, sectors were bad since 1.0 and there are only minor improvements as in 'now you can micro your sectors so they suck less!'.
This addresses nothing I said, a story pack would not stop the devs from working on these issues and thus it's completely irrational to complain about it.

I can't say i'm very hyped about Distant stars. Sure exploration is fun and so on but it's totally optionnnal. The game has so many field lacking depth that making optionnal features story pack seems a bit wrong...

You have almost fixed war with the last patch now, please focus on diplomacy and economy for meating up the game and build strong basis before adding all the optionnal stuff.

I can't say i'm very hyped about Distant stars. Sure exploration is fun and so on but it's totally optionnnal. The game has so many field lacking meat that making optionnal features story pack seems a bit wrong...

You have almost fixed war with the last patch now, please focus on diplomacy and economy for meating up the game and build strong basis before adding all the optionnal stuff.
The entire point of story packs are that they're optional, they're smaller content packs that provide content related to a specific theme.

What you want is a major patch or expansion and thus would not come out anywhere close to 2.0's release nor would cost $10.

The entire point of story packs are that they're optional, they're smaller content packs that provide content related to a specific theme.

What you want is a major patch or expansion and thus would not come out anywhere close to 2.0's release nor would cost $10.

I know but i just would like to have a functionnal game that i enjoy playing. For me, adding optionnal stuff without having a strong basis is a bad idea. First a good core game, after the cool stuff.

I know but i just would like to have a functionnal game that i enjoy playing. For me, adding optionnal stuff without having a strong basis is a bad idea. First a good core game, after the cool stuff.
Which ignores the fact that the paid content funds the free, thus they can make this minor DLC and use the profit makes to help fund the more expansive content.

The idea that we can either have a core game support or story packs is nothing more than a false equivalency based on myopia, we can and have had both.

How much have we all spent in stellaris thus far? I don't mind chipping into a story dlc, I have done in the past. But honestly 2 years in and what should be basic stuff is still missing and new stuff released for 2.0 is broken still. No one is telling us the consumers what is going on and why cockups like this are allowed to go public.

So if you want to buy some trinkets for your stellaris and tell yourself you are funding good stuff in the future, maybe you are. But we all right now should have more for our money on this game.

How much have we all spent in stellaris thus far? I don't mind chipping into a story dlc, I have done in the past. But honestly 2 years in and what should be basic stuff is still missing and new stuff released for 2.0 is broken still. No one is telling us the consumers what is going on and why cockups like this are allowed to go public.
Then don't buy it? Personally I think Stellaris' development trajectory has been quite nice (with the exception of flops like 1.6 or the recent sub-patch).

Beyond the rather vague "missing basic stuff" I have to question how much you've been paying attention to 2.0 post-release development, they've released several patches that have addressed many bugs and TBH it's kind of questionable to imply that they haven't been doing anything.

So if you want to buy some trinkets for your stellaris and tell yourself you are funding good stuff in the future, maybe you are. But we all right now should have more for our money on this game.
If I buy this it's going to be because I consider the features interesting enough to justify a purchase, and I highly doubt I'm the only one.

If I buy this it's going to be because I consider the features interesting enough to justify a purchase, and I highly doubt I'm the only one.

You might as well give up ... obviously you won't come to an agreement unless you end up agreeing that the game is worse than worthless and it's perfectly valid to demand a refund despite that you'd might have played 1000s of hours

If you buy the pack is up to you and if I do it is up to me; I am not telling anyone to do anything at this point forthspartan. You did raise the idea that paying for stuff like this will help develop the game as a whole. Frankly if that is true I am not seeing the value for my money and simply turn your statement around for everyone to think about. Is the state of the game now worth the money we spent on it over two years.

Regarding my gripes, well I did post them earlier on. Stuff does not work very well - War, Borders, sectors, movement, khans, pirates, the space castles we lost warp and wormholes to add to the game. And stuff that works but is shallow politics (both factions and rebels) economy, diplomacy, federations.

In fairness I thought the other story packs were worth the money so I may well buy it. Just coming to the end of the line I think. Do I want to buy more and more dlc and in anotherr couple of years time it still isnt satisfactory state?

If nothing else I would tell people to complain. Let them hear your thoughts as I do think they do things knowing they are pushing their luck with us. I think being a yes man and not seeing the mistakes of stellaris does not help either. I love paradox still and want stellaris to be great but calling it great now is simply not true. It should be better.