• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At 50% its 0% penalty/bonus. Every percentage over gives that as a bonus. Eg 67% stability gives a 17% bonus. 30% stability gives a -20% penalty
Are you sure about that? In the dev diaries, I think it was .4% production bonus per point of stability above 50, 1% production malus per point of stability below 50. It could have changed since then, but a 50% production bonus at 100 stability seems high.

I think they scrapped it because the growth numbers got too insane in the late and early game. At least that was the impression I got from the dev clash and associated chatter.

Hmm this is my problem with that line of reason is that. Both robot and synth don't benefit from the 1000 food edict per planet that give you 25% growth bonus in additional to all other bonus such as the xenophobe ethos bonus % that wasn't there before.

At the same time made both robot build time, which I don't recall the exact number off my head, and biological growth significant longer than before.

Since it is early and all excitement is over megacorp. Very few are actually showing anything from machine gestalt if at all. I know it is just smidge under 3 days away.

I would feel much better to know where on spectrum of micro-management machine gestalt would stand post-2.2.

Now I am not asking for OP machine pop growth. Just better utilization of robot assemble lines by moving robot off-world if it is getting overcrowd and all. Instead of forcing us to remember where and when to turn off fabricator jobs and re-development them as to not waste precious building slots.

Are you sure about that? In the dev diaries, I think it was .4% production bonus per point of stability above 50, 1% production malus per point of stability below 50. It could have changed since then, but a 50% production bonus at 100 stability seems high.

Just up thread, yields from 100% stab:
Should be +30% to all job yields (and Trade Value?), plus some extra immigration pull - at least that's what I saw on my Habitats last dev clash session.

2 points for rapid breeders +10% pop growth? That is the same as one level of Xenophobe, or one tech, or the advantage of plentiful food (25% more food consumption for +5% happiness and +10% growth). Can anyone who has played the game comment on that? It seems either not powerful enough, or over priced, at this point.
It is absolutely worth the 2 points. Growth is king amongst modifiers.
If my dev clash empire was more optimized, I'd use Industrious + Rapid Breeders (and two 1 point negatives like Solitary and Sedentary) as my starting traits.

Hmm this is my problem with that line of reason is that. Both robot and synth don't benefit from the 1000 food edict per planet that give you 25% growth bonus in additional to all other bonus such as the xenophobe ethos bonus % that wasn't there before.

At the same time made both robot build time, which I don't recall the exact number off my head, and biological growth significant longer than before.

Since it is early and all excitement is over megacorp. Very few are actually showing anything from machine gestalt if at all. I know it is just smidge under 3 days away.

I would feel much better to know where on spectrum of micro-management machine gestalt would stand post-2.2.

Now I am not asking for OP machine pop growth. Just better utilization of robot assemble lines by moving robot off-world if it is getting overcrowd and all. Instead of forcing us to remember where and when to turn off fabricator jobs and re-development them as to not waste precious building slots.

You get an alert of some kind for overcrowding IIRC, so machine empires just turn off assembly and the problem is solved forever, just leave the planet to do it's thing. Organic empires need to use edicts and such to halt growth or expel population, which continues for the whole game. If machine empires get 'good enough' growth, isn't this easier?

MegaCorp branch office buildings
https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1069846886650122240

Core, non-criminal MegaCorporations have a wide selection of branch office buildings to choose from. Here are just a few examples. Who wants some nano-transactions? :>

Dtjb4NkW0AEsCak.jpg

OK, can someone explain how building a space KFC gives 10 food to Megacorp itself?

Megacorp has secret spices that boost crop yield. Megacorp will sell secretly spiced food on planetary market in exchange for tracts of land in which to grow and payment to maintain land. A proportion of the crops grown are sent home.

A bit wonky but not too ridiculous.

could you put a fast food chain on an ecumopolis thus giving the city world a farmer who presumably has a farm hidden amongst the urban sprawl

Well a lot of works that explore city planets often include some sort of subterranean nutrient farms. And since depending on the fast food in question, we're talking "food substitute" rather than food, the possibilities are endless, from vat-grown stuff to some underground meat seller growing a kind of sedative meat creature in an abandoned part of a building.

The new expansion planner: https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1069917733452767233?s=20

Seems potentially better than what we have in live version: This could allow you more easily assess which planet would give what you need most.

On more graphical side, columns "size" and "distance" disturb me: Why each row repeats the same icon over and over again? Wouldn't it suffice if it was on the title row?

New Expansion Planner
The new expansion planner: https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1069917733452767233?s=20

Seems potentially better than what we have in live version: This could allow you more easily assess which planet would give what you need most.

On more graphical side, columns "size" and "distance" disturb me: Why each row repeats the same icon over and over again? Wouldn't it suffice if it was on the title row?

I really like this. being able to see the available district types at a glance will be so helpful when deciding where to settle.

DtkcabRX4AAUXrD.jpg

Does anyone know if Megacorps get something similar to expansion planner to find other empire planets for good branch office placement? Manually checking planets one by one would be annoying...

You get an alert of some kind for overcrowding IIRC, so machine empires just turn off assembly and the problem is solved forever, just leave the planet to do it's thing. Organic empires need to use edicts and such to halt growth or expel population, which continues for the whole game. If machine empires get 'good enough' growth, isn't this easier?

Why would I turn off the robot assemble build and not re-develop it to something else? Remember build slot are even more important in the upcoming 2.2 than they were in tile system. This in effect create more micro-management not less which is not the goal of 2.2.

You can only ever have at max 15 (minus one for capital building) per planet regardless of the actual planet's size. I would like for the robot assemble build to be useful even when the planet is filled up to capacity in terms of housing. IE if there was no job left for robot or synth that they can use then start push them for emigration while the robot assemble build keep going. This way you can have a centralized location for robot assemble and don't ever need to turn them off. This would only happen if they could move off the world on their own. Instead of having you go to each world to find where there are no pop for jobs and then you move the excess to empty jobs. This would be true for both non-gestalt and gestalt by the way.

When you look at biological available building you get a few stuff that encourage growth and immigration which is useful even if your core worlds are filled up to capacity because you can create huge emigration push due to lack of housing. Which passively create more immigration on your new worlds. I would like to see something reciprocate this for robot/synth because technically they don't care where they end up as they are 100% compatible to all climates.