• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anyone know if the Unemployed job gets renamed for Utopian Abundance? Maybe something like Connoisseur or Enthusiast. It's a small thing, but it would help the RP.

I vote to call them NEET.

Why would I turn off the robot assemble build and not re-develop it to something else? Remember build slot are even more important in the upcoming 2.2 than they were in tile system. This in effect create more micro-management not less which is not the goal of 2.2.

You can only ever have at max 15 (minus one for capital building) per planet regardless of the actual planet's size. I would like for the robot assemble build to be useful even when the planet is filled up to capacity in terms of housing. IE if there was no job left for robot or synth that they can use then start push them for emigration while the robot assemble build keep going. This way you can have a centralized location for robot assemble and don't ever need to turn them off. This would only happen if they could move off the world on their own. Instead of having you go to each world to find where there are no pop for jobs and then you move the excess to empty jobs. This would be true for both non-gestalt and gestalt by the way.

When you look at biological available building you get a few stuff that encourage growth and immigration which is useful even if your core worlds are filled up to capacity because you can create huge emigration push due to lack of housing. Which passively create more immigration on your new worlds. I would like to see something reciprocate this for robot/synth because technically they don't care where they end up as they are 100% compatible to all climates.

Naturally, removing the plant would be the next step when you don't need the growth, but it remains a permanent solution to the issue (most likely reducing, not increasing, micromanagement).

Well a lot of works that explore city planets often include some sort of subterranean nutrient farms. And since depending on the fast food in question, we're talking "food substitute" rather than food, the possibilities are endless, from vat-grown stuff to some underground meat seller growing a kind of sedative meat creature in an abandoned part of a building.

Or just serve them nerve stapled, delicious livestock version of their own species.
Cannibal.png

But they make research, it would be difficult to be a NEET and generate research on a reasonable scale.

That is the abstraction of scientists observing them and their behaviors for the good of science.

Caravaneer goodies (not Reliquaries)
The what now?

People have been asking for starting civics to be split into Origin & Normal Civics and are apparently now assuming it's going to happen because they keep talking about it.

It's an idea, but it kinda takes away from the decision on whether to take these usually powerful and game changing civics that can't be removed during later gameplay, or go for regular ones that can be removed but don't give as big a benefit. Seems like people want to start with an Origin (like Criminal Heritage or Devouring Swarm) that can't be changed, as well as 2 regular civics.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit hesitant about it. Civics are mostly useful and powerful as is, but if we start with 3 then they're going to either have to reduce their usefulness or do a balance pass over the entire rest of the game to make sure they don't break anything. There's meant to be a real choice in what civics you start with. This would detract from that.

On the other hand, it would add to RP a lot.

The what now?

A common requested feature for as long as civics have been in the game is to split them into two: Government civics and Origins. The latter means any option which concerns the history of the empire like post-apocalyptic. It's easy to think up other options that would add flavour and unique relationships/quests, like a "lost colony" civic that would fit empires like the Commonwealth and provide a unique quest chain to find track down the home system.

Wiz has mentioned before he likes the idea and would consider putting it in.

Is it really a balance issue though? I mean if every civ gets an origin slot, then all you have to do is what you have to do now: make sure things like Life seeded and Determined Exterminator are roughly as fun/balanced as each other.

People have been asking for starting civics to be split into Origin & Normal Civics and are apparently now assuming it's going to happen because they keep talking about it.

It's an idea, but it kinda takes away from the decision on whether to take these usually powerful and game changing civics that can't be removed during later gameplay, or go for regular ones that can be removed but don't give as big a benefit. Seems like people want to start with an Origin (like Criminal Heritage or Devouring Swarm) that can't be changed, as well as 2 regular civics.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit hesitant about it. Civics are mostly useful and powerful as is, but if we start with 3 then they're going to either have to reduce their usefulness or do a balance pass over the entire rest of the game to make sure they don't break anything. There's meant to be a real choice in what civics you start with. This would detract from that.

On the other hand, it would add to RP a lot.

Well... You could just start off with 1 origin and 1 normal civic. But that also removes the possibility of combining 2 origin civics like FP and post apocalyptic.

Is it really a balance issue though? I mean if every civ gets an origin slot, then all you have to do is what you have to do now: make sure things like Life seeded and Determined Exterminator are roughly as fun/balanced as each other.

It is because with each additional civic you add to the start, the greater the synergistic potential there is for broken combos. As it is the best combination in the game is Mining Guilds + Mechanist because they give a huge bonus to minerals from the start and allow you to expand your POP-base faster than any other empire. If you could add, say, Corporate Dominion on top of that you'd be in a much better position than pretty much any given empire out there because you could spend that much fewer minerals on building power plants.

Well... You could just start off with 1 origin and 1 normal civic. But that also removes the possibility of combining 2 origin civics like FP and post apocalyptic.

That doesn't add anything to the game. If anything that removes more player choice because they can't get the nice but not gamebreaking combos like FP/Post-Apocalyptic or have just 2 regular civics like Corporate Dominion and Citizen Service.

I think people are assuming it's going to happen because Wiz said he liked the idea.

I think it would make "the origin civics" a little less unique, though. There are just about dozen of them, and if every empire picked one from purifier/post-apoc/gaia/machinist/synchretic etc, there would be a fuck-ton of them. It might work if there were large amount of these "origin civics."