• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1069561300244668418

By request, a closer look at the Exalted Priesthood and Technocracy civics in the 2.2 "Le Guin" update. This time with a look at their unique pops. :)

DtfYL1rXoAYFX_G.jpg

Very nice extra research is so much better than the 1 extra card

I wonder if this issue would be worth its own dedicated thread.
I think, this is important feed-back!

You mean like thiiiiiis one? ;)

Okay, now I'm messed up. Do direct bonuses from mc buildings benefit both the corporation and the host of the planet? They definetely need to explain this clearer.

I honestly have no idea. Going off the tooltip and the screen itself I would assume that only the branch office controller gets the resources (because you're setting up these enterprises to extract this value from foreign planets) but it's entirely possible that both empires get the same resources, in a mutually beneficial sort of way. The planet holder gets every other part of what's on the tooltip. It would certainly make a crimsynd more interesting to have nearby if you're getting some pretty hefty resource output from their crimery and banditry.

Well ..., erm ... yes, like this one, but with the attribution of benefits/drawbacks to the host respectively the corporation in the related screen/tooltips as a topic.
Like, you know, the suggestion I made above ... ;)

I wasn't trying to be snarky or anything. I thought you meant making a thread specifically for the two issues I highlighted!

Better tooltips for all, says I.

I note that the screen on the left has the resource output largely covered so maybe it's clear there, or in some other tooltip we aren't seeing, that the resources go to both. I think a large part of this present confusion is because we don't have direct access to the screens, and are instead going off two specific screenshots.

Branch office on Inward Perfection planet
https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1069584037549887489

In MegaCorp, choosing a host planet for your office branches is an involved process. This planet belongs to an empire with inward perfection, giving it a strong unity boost, perfect for unity-yielding buildings. A long-lived corrupt governor is a nice bonus. :>

DtfspMUWwAAMxR_.jpg

In MegaCorp, choosing a host planet for your office branches is an involved process. This planet belongs to an empire with inward perfection, giving it a strong unity boost, perfect for unity-yielding buildings. A long-lived corrupt governor is a nice bonus. :>

DtfspMUWwAAMxR_.jpg

I like the idea of a corruption trait giving more flavour to leaders but I wonder why a player would ever pick, or not fire, a leader like that.

DtfspMUWwAAMxR_.jpg
I was going to ask if there was anything that would scale up branch office yields in the same way as pop job yields or space deposit yields, but this answers that: You piggyback off the host empire's modifiers.

I like the idea of a corruption trait giving more flavour to leaders but I wonder why a player would ever pick, or not fire, a leader like that.

If you have an high level ruler with multiple good traits it may be better to just leave him there, or have him elected as a ruler ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maybe because the leader doesn’t start with that trait and he is a very high level governor with other very good traits.

Depends if the negative trait is actually a problem. Like Arrested Development leaders go straight in the mincer but if the negative effects of the amount of crime are pretty small you might well keep around the spiv.

Thank's WhapXI for the chat protocol.
This make some things indeed clear:

- The mechanic I had issues with.
- The general puzzlement about how it actually works.
- The fact that Paradox already knows about this puzzlement.
- And finally the reassuring fact that a little bit of playing with this feature makes things clear after a while.

I still think some UI optimization might help to avoid even the innital puzzlement.
But this is probably simply me and my obsession with clear and meaningfull UI design. (People "got" even 'Dwarf Fortress' at some point, after all ... and many loved it exactly for the confusing UI ;) )

he may be a experienced governor with another good traits that you want . what is realy possible doing its just trasfer him to another planet where there is not a crime syndicate ; i think you get an pop-up when a leader gain a skill , but since now you have all planets that can have governor , maybe you will be a bit slower to notice what is happening .

and there is the chance that this particular trait can be pick only by leaders on planet with hight criminality and a syndicate.(edit: so changing him, will just make another governor being corrupted over time)

This is going to keep being a source of confusion as long as the tooltip remains ambiguous. Until that changes, what was will be; what will be was.
I still think some UI optimization might help to avoid even the innital puzzlement.

Pretty much. I recommend abandoning the forum from about 7/12 onwards for a while because I predict there'll probably be a lot of "[bug] not getting resources from branch office on my planet" and "[bug] can't see building I just researched" alongside the deluge of genuine bug reports of AI weights being totally knackered or whatever.