• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who’s in charge of tweeting Stellaris teasers these days? I know I know, we’re waiting on a patch, but I don’t recall who took the reins from Wiz.

Who’s in charge of tweeting Stellaris teasers these days? I know I know, we’re waiting on a patch, but I don’t recall who took the reins from Wiz.
The Stellaris Twitter and Facebook pages update regularly, but they've only been posting memes.

And finally a Teaser:
"Someone had to take over for @Martin_Anward sneak previews of @StellarisGame
Dy1E8rxWoAA6qtX.jpg
"
https://twitter.com/Moah3/status/1093606389761626112

I'm probably just being blind but what's the change?
From DD 139:
"Ship Upgrade
I think the experience of upgrading ships could be better, as it feels a bit awkward that cancelling your upgrade at 99% doesn’t actually leave any ships upgraded. I want to address that by making each ship upgrade individually, one at a time, and that this process should make use of multiple shipyards in the same starbase. This should mean that if you cancel a fleet upgrade at 50%, roughly half of the ships will still be upgraded. We’ll also take a look at tweaking the upgrade costs and time."
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ev-diary-139-2-2-x-post-launch-patch.1147916/

Technological Ascendancy buff
Glad to know that ascension perks are going to get a buff, there are many, many of them in dire need of a push so we can have some interesting choices competing between each other rather than going straight for an ascension path + ecumenopolis. Technological ascendacy, yes, but also Trascendent Learning, Shared Destiny, Arcane Engineering... the list is long.

I would also rather if each perk would unlock unique content (say, unique techs, edicts, living standards, jobs, buildings and the likes) rather than offering a flat bonus, but a buff is a buff, so I welcome these changes.

It would be nice if they added some unique bonus to every ascension perk. Like -10% malus from over admin cap to Imperial Prerogative, higher chance of leaders gaining positive traits with transcendent learning, etc.

Good improvement for Technological Ascendancy. Probably to be nerf to 25% extra chance in the patch following that. Making the ascension perks more special is a really good idea, wonder if the psionic path just right of there has any special quality :)

Good improvement for Technological Ascendancy. Probably to be nerf to 25% extra chance in the patch following that. Making the ascension perks more special is a really good idea, wonder if the psionic path just right of there has any special quality :)
The fact that it seems there is no more conditions about the number of ascension perk before the second level of the psionic path?

Since the deck system effectively means all rares will be drawn over time, a 50% bonus to those cards' weights is barely likely to register on game play. It's more a "make the player feel good without giving them anything" than an improvement.

Now, if the game retired tiers over time (say no more than 3 tiers are ever in play, when you go to tier 4 all undrawn tier 1 cards are retired) then if would be a boon to get access to rares more quickly.

Since the deck system effectively means all rares will be drawn over time, a 50% bonus to those cards' weights is barely likely to register on game play. It's more a "make the player feel good without giving them anything" than an improvement.

Now, if the game retired tiers over time (say no more than 3 tiers are ever in play, when you go to tier 4 all undrawn tier 1 cards are retired) then if would be a boon to get access to rares more quickly.

Some rare technology can be very difficult to gain in the time you need it (like psionic theory).

I'd say it's more an issue with the number of actually rare techs being very low. Most purple techs are just boring stat upgrades that happen to have 4 times less chance to be drawn than regular techs of that tier unless you have a spark of genius, curator or area expertise scientist.

If rare techs had really low chance to appear but also had really powerful effects they could actually alter the way you play. Think of stuff like giving habitats +1 district, slaves grow 50% quicker, or making robots assemble twice as fast (not for machine empires obv). That's game changing.

Some rare technology can be very difficult to gain in the time you need it (like psionic theory).

And a 50% increase to a very low weight means it'll probably take just as long to pull the card. It might mean the number of draws expected before the card appears falls by one. Maybe. You're still completely subject to the RNG gods.