• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ZomgK3tchup

Into the Future
128 Badges
Dec 25, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Premade empires are a convenient way to introduce players to origins, civics, and other mechanics they might not otherwise engage with.

This suggestion is straightforward: every origin and "interesting" civic should have at least one premade empire associated with it.

When I was writing this post, I started listing every origin without a premade empire but realized it was faster to list the ones that do. Right now, only Prosperous Unification, Lost Colony, Syncretic Evolution, Mechanist, Necrophage, and Ocean Paradise can be selected from premade empires. There's a lot of potential here, especially when origins like Scion, Remnant, and Shattered Ring do not have premade empires.

There are also some interesting civics that could use premade empires, namely Inwards Perfection, Master Crafters, Pompous Purists, Catalytic Processing, and Barbaric Despoilers. These civics change gameplay significantly enough that I feel they'd be good to make premade empires out of.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't like all the premade empires, would even prefer to see them all gone.

I love the randomly generated empires much more.
Gives it more of a surprise and unpredictability is fun for me.

Reactions:
I feel like there are too many premade empires as it is, but changing some of the existing ones to use the new civics and origins could work.
This feels like more of an issue with the UI than the amount of premade empires. Scrolling is kind of a pain, but I imagine that's solvable.

I don't like all the premade empires, would even prefer to see them all gone.

I love the randomly generated empires much more.
Gives it more of a surprise and unpredictability is fun for me.
People have previously asked for the ability to force spawn or restrict spawning premade empires the same way you can force spawn or restrict spawning of custom empires. This sounds like it would solve your problem.

Also, I'm not sure if having more premade empires increases the chance of seeing a premade empire. It depends on how the game decides if/how they spawn.

Reactions:
This is one of these things that can be very easily resolved with mods (in fact, I'm currently working on a mod precisely for this) without even altering the checksum. The premade empires tend to vary in quality, and in this case, I'm not sure if more would necessarily be better.

I would much rather devs focus on the things that we can't change ourselves, such as linking Lost Colony empires to specific originator empires, or allowing us to create custom fallen empires.