• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is good to see England under the benevolent thumb of their natural rulers, the Greco-Polish empire. Perhaps somebody can bring civilization to that barbarous isle.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
America has been expanded into... that's good.

England and Britannia are reclaimed...

And weakening your enemies is always good.

Reactions:
It is good to see England under the benevolent thumb of their natural rulers, the Greco-Polish empire. Perhaps somebody can bring civilization to that barbarous isle.
It is in dire need of it, true. I am about to get to the time I allied Ireland too, but those are too well developed to become vassals. Perhaps I can inherit them too at some point?
America has been expanded into... that's good.

England and Britannia are reclaimed...

And weakening your enemies is always good.
America is under my thumb. And colonial nations will soon become a problem. In the latest rule, I am now 29 years into it and it's 1729 Anno Domini, I am using all prestige I get to placate the local rulers, as they keep getting uppitiy and dissatisfied. I have no tariffs either, so what I am doing wrong I dunno. Am swimming in money though, and have build up a lot of forces both on land and sea.

• 2Like
Reactions:
There's no need to maintain a colonial empire once the whole world is locked into the capitalist system though. Just release them all after draining them dry of resources then abuse the hell out of the free market.

And if you can, partition everything down to the smallest size possible. Never fails.

Reactions:
There's no need to maintain a colonial empire once the whole world is locked into the capitalist system though. Just release them all after draining them dry of resources then abuse the hell out of the free market.

And if you can, partition everything down to the smallest size possible. Never fails.
Sounds fishy. No Emperor would ever willingly relinquish control over their rightful subjects. ;)

Reactions:
Sounds fishy. No Emperor would ever willingly relinquish control over their rightful subjects. ;)
This is why emperors tend to be replaced by a team of bureaucrats.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
This is why emperors tend to be replaced by a team of bureaucrats.
Hehe, well I try to roleplay a little, so I will not even try to play optimally. If they rebel, they rebel!

Reactions:
Hehe, well I try to roleplay a little, so I will not even try to play optimally. If they rebel, they rebel!
That sounds like you're already being run by the civil service!

Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I've got to 1746 now. Closing in on the end of the game. :eek:

Reactions:
I have no tariffs either, so what I am doing wrong I dunno. Am swimming in money though, and have build up a lot of forces both on land and sea.
Paradox nerfed tariffs into the ground many patches ago. They are not worth it. In the subjects screen you should be able to hover over their Liberty Desire to see what's the issue. Subjects' AI count number of troops over quality, so if your economy can handle it, just build tons of infantry. Also subjects can't declare war on you if they are currently helping you out in a war, so you could find a few easy wars somewhere to just win, peace, declare, repeat.

Reactions:
Paradox nerfed tariffs into the ground many patches ago. They are not worth it. In the subjects screen you should be able to hover over their Liberty Desire to see what's the issue. Subjects' AI count number of troops over quality, so if your economy can handle it, just build tons of infantry. Also subjects can't declare war on you if they are currently helping you out in a war, so you could find a few easy wars somewhere to just win, peace, declare, repeat.
Yeah, I figured. Which is why I am not implementing them. :) The war thing is interesting!

This is the modifiers right now:
1632392498266.png

Reactions:
"From 703 development". How/Why does Canada have so much? Are they expanding outside their region?

"Dreams of Liberty" from what I read on the wiki is permanent.

If you ever manage to catch up in diplomatic tech, having it better than your subjects will help.

Reactions:
"From 703 development". How/Why does Canada have so much? Are they expanding outside their region?
Each time I take land, it gets auto ceded to a colonial nation. Canada is big in real life?

"Dreams of Liberty" from what I read on the wiki is permanent.
Darnit. :D

If you ever manage to catch up in diplomatic tech, having it better than your subjects will help.
I already is ahead the RL year I think? I think I saw a malus of 140% recently.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Each time I take land, it gets auto ceded to a colonial nation. Canada is big in real life?
I've never had it be that much. Though, tbf I haven't really played with the most recent patch and how it changes NA native nations.
I already is ahead the RL year I think? I think I saw a malus of 140% recently.
The tooltip states that Canada has better diplomatic tech than you, so they must have taken it super ahead of time.

Reactions:
I've never had it be that much. Though, tbf I haven't really played with the most recent patch and how it changes NA native nations.
This is a mega campaign, so perhaps there is something wonky through the conversion? Also, I am almost DLC less.
The tooltip states that Canada has better diplomatic tech than you, so they must have taken it super ahead of time.
Or I misremember. I dunno. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Quick update on the update plan.:)

I'm almost two reigns ahead, the latter has lasted for over 40 years and the Emperor is soon 70, so it better be over soon. ;) I have had little time to play let alone write recently though, as I am in the middle of several job interviews, then starting a new job coming week and the possibility of a much better job in the horizon with another interview for that one mid next week. Also some other RL stuff going on in relation to this. I am sometimes struggling with anxiety, which makes me in need of much sleep among other things and it has of course flared up in the middle of this. :rolleyes: In any case, RL comes first as you know and right now there is a lot of RL going on. :p If I get the inspiration, I might write another update on the reign I have finished, but perhaps not. :)

Reactions:
No rush, we will be here whenever you are ready. Good luck on your interviews, I'm sure you will do well!

Reactions:
Good luck with your interviews!

Reactions: