• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hope all goes well! :D We'll still be here when you're ready to pick back up.
Thanks! I've had three whole days in my new job now. Going very well so far! :D

• 5Like
Reactions:
Thanks! I've had three whole days in my new job now. Going very well so far! :D
That's good! And you mentioned other reverb better jobs possibly on the horizon? Best of luck nabbing one!

Reactions:
That's good! And you mentioned other reverb better jobs possibly on the horizon? Best of luck nabbing one!
I was so well welcomed in the new job I decided against the other option. :)

Reactions:
I was so well welcomed in the new job I decided against the other option. :)

That's wonderful to hear. I love when people find good and/or better jobs.

Reactions:
That's wonderful to hear. I love when people find good and/or better jobs.
I was lucky. It's only a job that lasts to the summer, but it's a good job. :)

Update on game: I have had little time and energy to play, but I played a little tonight. I have 3 reigns completed and not written about, just started the fourth. One riegn was two lines of notes long, though. ;) :p

I find something is wrong with my country when it comes to war. I keep losing morale very fast. Due to this I need to be very overwhelming when I do wage war, or else I keep losing whole armies in one battle with equal sized armies of same tech. No idea what I do wrong, but then again I feel like the Wendish Empire now is all about keeping the peace in their hometurf, so I decided long ago to not wage much war in Europe anyways, long before this popped up as a problem.

Reactions:
I keep losing morale very fast.
Two questions: How much Artillery are you bringing into battle? What is your Morale when you're at full army maintenance

• 1Like
Reactions:
Two questions: How much Artillery are you bringing into battle? What is your Morale when you're at full army maintenance
First depends. My armies are mostly 38k to 48k and has sommething like 6k and upwards artillery, with more infantry than cavalry as it’s late game now. I inherited an army from an annexed vassal with no cav, 26k artillery and 40k odd infantry and that vassal tended to do well. But I lost dearly with that combination…

Second, no idea where to find that?

Reactions:
First depends. My armies are mostly 38k to 48k and has sommething like 6k and upwards artillery, with more infantry than cavalry as it’s late game now. I inherited an army from an annexed vassal with no cav, 26k artillery and 40k odd infantry and that vassal tended to do well. But I lost dearly with that combination…

Second, no idea where to find that?
Late game you generally want to have a few dedicated combat stacks, then the rest just infantry to help reinforce. A combat stack would be X-amount of infantry, 0-4 cavalry, and as much artillery as you have infantry. The number of infantry/artillery depends on the Combat Width which increases with technology. The vassal might have been doing better because of their Ideas.

You can find that in the Military Screen. I included a screenshot of where to see Morale and Combat Width.

Screenshot (630).png

Screenshot (631).png

So basically. Since I have 27 Combat Width, only 27,000 of my infantry will be on the front lines of a battle. Anything else will just be sitting there and take damage. Since Artillery fires from the back and not the front I want 27,000 artillery in a stack to maximize damage. Then I want to have spare infantry nearby so if my current infantry dies, I can reinforce my armies and make sure the artillery stays protected.

Hope this helps!

Reactions:
This is my current stats as of 1771:

1633807122407.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Your morale looks good. France gets a boost from its national ideas, so maybe they have slightly higher than you. Byzantium gets +5% discipline from theirs. But it shouldn't make a huge difference. You should be able to grind them down since you have more numbers.

One more thing: I would cut down on the amount of cavalry and try to hire as much artillery as you have infantry (if you can afford it).

Reactions:
Your morale looks good. France gets a boost from its national ideas, so maybe they have slightly higher than you. Byzantium gets +5% discipline from theirs. But it shouldn't make a huge difference. You should be able to grind them down since you have more numbers.

One more thing: I would cut down on the amount of cavalry and try to hire as much artillery as you have infantry (if you can afford it).
Weird I have such problems with fights in Europe then...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Emperor Stanislaw II (1671-1700)
Emperor Stanislaw II

(1671-1700)

NLNW8EQ.jpg

The reign of Emperor Stanislaw II would see the ancient Empire thoroughly tested in a war with its western rival the French as well as expansion continuing in the New World.

Early reign

Immediately after taking over as Emperor, Stanislaw II utilized the great treasury he had inherited to go on a massive infrastructure program, which soon resulted in a much better income for the state. He also continued his predecessors’ expansion in the New World, first by declaring war on Powhatan and her allies, which within two years ended in a peace treaty in 1679 which greatly expanded the Wendish colonies.

V9ukBc7.jpg

f7KzdJf.png

Meanwhile disaster struck home, however, as the by 1678 fifty-year-old Emperor lost his son and heir when the boy got a severe fever and perished. This resulted in the Empire having no legal heir to the throne and the possibility of the main branch of the Szeliga dynasty to die out. Stanislaw’s wife was post childbearing age, and the Pope would not allow a divorce. Stanislaw thus resorted to less Catholic ways and visited his mistress, who gave him a healthy bastard son which he immediately legitimized. Thus the succession was secured, but the legitimacy of the boy was not that good.

R0Am881.png

Three years later, in 1681, the Emperor decreed that his Swedish subjects had proven themselves loyal and true, and he instituted several laws for the Swedes to gain more prominence in local governance, much to the rejoicing of the populace that had been such a rebellious lot centuries before.

540wYbf.png

Middle reign

The year after another colonial war was declared on Oneida and allies, which soon resulted in a resounding victory.

LAioKOz.jpg

Back in Europe, the annexation of the rump Britannian vassal state begun on December 2nd, 1683. The Scottish was not amused, but Wendish power were to large for them to even think of instigating a war.

nYsFCwC.jpg

The year 1685 would see the first Colonial Assembly in the New World, and the start of a long age of Wendish Emperors appeasing their colonial subjects as ideas of independence set root.

Oa2vJh5.png

Expansion in the New World would continue with great success though, as Algonquin was invaded in 1685, Attiwandaron in 1689 and Ottawa in 1691, together with their allies. All wars was won handily, and Wendish power continued to expand.

Back in Europe again Stanislaw II began the integration of Carpathia into the Wendish realm, something he started in 1688 and which would last well into his successor’s reign before being completed.

fXBLf7s.jpg

The Disastrous French War

In 1694, Europe held its breath. France and the Wendish Empire had competed for centuries and been rivals for time immemorial. But never had they gone to war with each other. Now, the Wendish was forced into war by their allies Andalusia, which invaded Tahert, who was allied to the Papal States and France.

EfMswr1.jpg

Stanislaw II heeded the call, and soon regretted it. He sent all his armies into France, only to meet superior forces which even when outnumbered 2:1 or more sent the Wendish armies packing. Hundred of thousands of men died on the battlefield and soon most of Germany had fallen to France.

Only a quick and extensive rebuilding of the Wendish forces deep in Poland, with much, much bigger amounts of artillery and the organizing of a doom stack of over 120k men – with massive supply problems and hunger wherever they went – did the war turn.

In the Battle of Juliers in 1694 an entire army was obliterated. More was to come. Battle after battle, France won, and France occupied. But from 1696, from the Battle of Würtzburg, the tide slowly turned. France was slowly sent back towards their own lands, but at a great cost. Most of the royal treasury was gone, most of the once huge manpower pool was depleted. War exhaustion was high.

Swupb6y.jpg

Thankfully for Stanislaw II, France was tired too, and agreed to a peace. In 1698, after the most devastating war in Europe possibly ever, France agreed to peace, gaining the Wendish Empire the province of Brno for their trouble. Europe breathed out a weary sigh of relief.

The last two years of Emperor Stanislaw II’s reign was spent rebuilding the army and adding a large amount of troops and artillery to the forces.

eszhC9U.jpg

yuL2Ib8.jpg

pakuDCW.jpg

On May 21st, 1700 Stanislaw II died peacefully in his bed. His bastard son Pelka IV, aged 21, succeeded to the throne. His reign would be one of low legitimacy, much success and a revolution on the borders of the Empire.

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If I remember correctly, the quality of your troops matter much more in EU than CK. Combat width limits advantage of quantity, but never never let their infantry break through into your artillery. Thank you for the update

• 1Like
Reactions:
If I remember correctly, the quality of your troops matter much more in EU than CK. Combat width limits advantage of quantity, but never never let their infantry break through into your artillery. Thank you for the update
You're very welcome! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Another great update! Although the war with France sounds brutal.

You can check France's army quality in the Ledger (shortcut key "l"). Maybe that might help?

Reactions:
France was a difficult opponent during this war.

And the colonies approach revolution...

Reactions: