• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another great update! Although the war with France sounds brutal.

You can check France's army quality in the Ledger (shortcut key "l"). Maybe that might help?
Thanks! I might just do that. :)
France was a difficult opponent during this war.

And the colonies approach revolution...
Very difficult. I went from something like half a million manpower (or was it 800k?) to almost zero and I lost some 2-3 whole armies. :eek:

The colonies are getting uppity yes, and as I wanted to keep them for roleplay reasons and was a total noob, I at one point in the next reign went from 100 prestige to under zero to placate them. :p

Reactions:
I wonder what's wrong with your armies? I haven't played EUIV, so I'd be curious for people's thoughts.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I wonder what's wrong with your armies? I haven't played EUIV, so I'd be curious for people's thoughts.
My guess is lack of artillery. Late game, most damage is done by artillery and infantry is there to hold the line/protect it.

Though its also kind of difficult for me to tell without having played this save.

Reactions:
Well, last time I played EU4 was shortly after release, so I am beyond rusty and or noob. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was pretty decent at EU2 once upon a time... The memories... I made Sweden conquer Russia, Poland-Lithuania, Half of Denmark and all of NA.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I hope you're having fun at least.

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The ACAs are back! Kindly vote here before Sunday November 21st, 2021. :)

Reactions:
So, you might have noticed my updates are getting slower to get out... Just an update on that. I started a new job a month ago, which gives me less time for games and recreation of course, after being without work for a few months. But it also makes me very tired. I have some health issues which means I need a lot of sleep, especially when I am working as a teacher (which I love, but it's tiring some times!) and when I get home after work I often eat and then quickly go to bed. Not much gaming or writing at least.:) I planned to use the week that went by to write some to have in spare, but then I got sick for 9 days. Naturally. :oops: Tried writing, but ended after6 lines, too tired.

Tl;dr: This might take some time, but it will come eventually. :) I have to let life come first.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hope you feel better! And don't worry, take as much time as you need. Writing while you're exhausted can't be fun or productive.

Reactions:
Ouch! I can sympathize; I'm currently working at a job that's quite fulfilling, but leaves me quite tired at the end of the day as well. Hope you get to feeling better!
Thanks! This job is a very good job, one of the better I've had. But sometimes I wonder if I won't end up not being able to work until retirement, for my health issues really makes it hard some times. :(
Hope you feel better! And don't worry, take as much time as you need. Writing while you're exhausted can't be fun or productive.
Nah, and it's frustrating when I WANT TO, but don't have the energy or motivation to do it properly.
Take your time and get well. May God Bless You, My Friend
Thanks my friend. :)
Get out the job!
Hehe, nah. I need this job. And it's a pretty decent one too. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Emperor Pelka IV (1700-1752)
Emperor Pelka IV

(1700-1752)

hzNEzBW.png

The long reign of Emperor Pelka IV would see much colonial expansion but would also be dominated by the lurking threat of revolution.

Early reign

Shortly after beginning his reign, Pelka IV, who had a weak legitimacy due to his heritage, started a big push into the American tribes’ territory. First out was Illinois and their allies, who was declared war on in 1700 and totally overrun and annexed by 1701.

OlFUhbd.jpg

Interestingly enough, what would be termed the Enlightenment started within months after Pelka IV took office, but it would be decades before it reached Europe properly, as it originated in French Louisiana and would spread slowly from there, in the beginning mostly affecting French lands.

zW5hBDq.png

Back in Europe, Pelka IV founded the Kiel Canal, a marvel of engineering that greatly helped the economy of Northern Germany and thus the Wendish Empire at large.

uTQxxFb.jpg

In 1704 Wendish Lousisiana was founded, as the expansion into America continued unabated, and the expansion into the Native American tribes continued, with Erie and allies being the latest target in 1705, ending in a resounding victory in 1707.

JDGhaMj.png

qPOi1yD.jpg

Pelka IV’s ally Castille also expanded in the area, albeit slowly, and dragged him into one of their wars at the time, all while Pelka continued war with Susquehannock in 1707 and Sioux in 1712.

PmLHmTJ.png

T0Vxb7R.jpg

The big expansion of his reign would happen in the aftermath of the war on Chisca in 1714, which ended in 1716. One of the gains was a new vassal deep into French held territory, and this small tribe was incidentally also at war with French Louisiana, although not France proper. Due to the new vassal tribe being in this war when they were added to the Wendish sphere, Pelka IV was in war with French Louisina, but not France, who also declined to join their colony in their war. Thus, the Wendish forces descended on French Louisiana and soon the entire colonial nation fell and was annexed into Wendish Louisiana.

2jDuYyN.jpg

LahQQ5Z.jpg

The revolutions

In 1716, revolution shook the world as both Andalusia and Bjarmaland descended into civil war with rebels whose ideology was that of the enlightenment – a wish to end the despotism of monarchy and replace it with the horrors of the republican dictatorship.

CM7tCUn.png

In Andalusia, monarchist forces soon won the day, but in Bjarmaland republican forces won the civil war and beheaded the monarch, his entire family, the nobles as well as destroying the church.

xhyrCjR.jpg

In the Wendish Empire and her colonies, order still reigned, but there was a distinct undercurrent of unrest and dissatisfaction with Pelka IV – who after all was the child of an Emperor and a lowly whore in the eyes of many.

xPDEis3.png

This meant that Pelka IV had much work to keep his colonies in check and many concessions were made to keep them happy, plummeting the prestige of the Empire in the eyes of the world.

Much resources were spent at this time to expand the navy, which more than quadrupled in size the next years.

A win was made at home in 1722, when on November 9th Carpathia was completely incorporated into the Empire as an integral part of it, after centuries in a personal union.

Sm6QM1d.png

More wars and the British

In 1725, Ireland called Pelka IV into war with Scotland and her allies. On the continent Bavaria was overrun, but the peace was one of monetary gains, not land. On the British Isles on the other hand, Ireland and the Wendish subject of England bashed in the defenses of Scotland and in 1727 Pelka IV negotiated a separate peace with the Scots, gaining England a lot of land.

YJXtxAq.png

sQht90U.jpg

Back over the pond the wars in America continued unabated, with Oneota being the latest victim, and Castille also expanding with the help of the Wendish Empire.

LQ0QBAH.jpg

VEmwl8y.png

In 1736 Pelka IV started the consolidation of his British holdings. Britannia was annexed during his predecessor, now he started the integration of England to be an integral part of the Wendish Empire.

wUqxovm.jpg

More wars followed in America, before Pelka IV finally turned his eyes eastwards, where Bjarmaland was struggling in several wars with their Asian neighbors, but still supported and inspired rebellion and sedition in the Wendish Empire and her allies. Pelka IV declared his intent to topple the republican regime once and for all.

Pelka IV sent his armies into Bjarmaland in 1746, which folded like wax and within months the republican regime melted away. Immediately this calmed things down all over the Empire and her dependencies, but Pelka IV was not content with just toppling the regime. He wanted revenge and pressed on.

05OAH14.png

In the end, Bjarmaland was brought low, a monarchy was restored, land was ceded to the Wendish Empire and the country of Permia was liberated from core Bjarmish lands. What little remained of trade value was also steered towards the Wendish Empire for the next years as payment for damages.

WW4nmPQ.jpg

And so July 2nd, 1752 arrived. Emperor Pelka IV, old and increasingly frail, died in a massive heart attack during a dinner with his eldest son and his wife. His 51-year-old son Stanislaw III inherited the throne, his first task to get an heir, quick, to save the dynasty, as he had no child of his own and no surviving siblings.

bJelggt.jpg

acst4t0.jpg

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Glad to see you back in action, Nikolai :)

The Wendish Empire stands astride the north like a mighty colossus. Crushing republicanism will ensure that the remaining monarchs of Europe shall rest easy -- for now, anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ngl Revolutionary Bjarmland flag looks quite alright, unfortunately it's 1/3 purple which is colour not usually used in flags as it represent imperiality and riches. The only flag I remember using purple is the OTL byzantine flag which was rich beyond imagination

• 2Like
Reactions:
Glad your back and feeling better!

Reactions:
Glad to see you back in action, Nikolai :)

The Wendish Empire stands astride the north like a mighty colossus. Crushing republicanism will ensure that the remaining monarchs of Europe shall rest easy -- for now, anyway.
Glad to be back, although the time issue is still there. : ) Just had some extra time last night as I got sick. The Empire sure is huge at this point, but mostly pick at the weak in the New World, seldom at the big boys. Pax Wendia anyone? :D
Ngl Revolutionary Bjarmland flag looks quite alright, unfortunately it's 1/3 purple which is colour not usually used in flags as it represent imperiality and riches. The only flag I remember using purple is the OTL byzantine flag which was rich beyond imagination
It's quite the flad, and very different to the monarchy's flag. But as you can see in the end, Bjarmaland has been expelled from their home lands and is slowly being picked apart. Pays to be the host of the revolution. :eek:
Bengal went East. Japan went North. It is hard to believe that there is unrevealed map (Japanese Siberia)! Australia has many small colored dots. Thank you for the update.
Japan is doing well. Imagine all those resources when the industrialize!
Glad your back and feeling better!
Thanks, glad to be back. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: