• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't know the Turk translation but Huzzah! should do.:)
Hurra! (and the etymological root is Vur ha!)

I was looking through some books and notes for this and it seems Arabistan would be fine (being literally the Turkish word for Arabia). Anything else would be controversial...except maybe in recognition as the largest peninsula in the world, might you call it yarımada or something? The Republic of the Pennisula...or maybe derin servet given what they are going to be doing for the next hundred years...
Good points and suggestions. I go ahead and suggest Kumistan and Çöl (Land of sand / Sandia and the Desert) as well

Course they do. They just don't tend to stick around for very long for the most part. They still do have them though.
I meant nothing like Tigris and Euphrates, of course they do have some stuff

Reactions:
Very close ties but not actually puppets, unless the AI itself made it so. They should be open for the taking if we can get away with it in Europe.

Unfortunately, they are modeled in the limitation of the HoI3 Political system, which has them as puppets of the United Kingdom. No HoI4 system of Dominion here.

Reactions:
Unfortunately, they are modeled in the limitation of the HoI3 Political system, which has them as puppets of the United Kingdom. No HoI4 system of Dominion here.
Yes, I will have to wait until the next war if I want them. Not that they would grant me any main victory criteria (a few VPs and resources, otherwise it is map painting).

Reactions:
Not that they would grant me any main victory criteria (a few VPs and resources, otherwise it is map painting).
Map painting is a great reason to start a war, look at Louis XIV's various wars to make France into a Pentagon... they really did get pretty close, and the shape is still visible on the map till this day... When you already have everything, why not make your country into a nice shape? What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions:
Completely unrelated fun fact: One of the first things Atatürk did after declaring a republic, after switching to latin alphabet and simplifying the language, was himself translating a geometry book for the primary school curriculum. Many terms we use today (Turkish for angle, triangle, radius etc etc) are those terms he created back then.

Reactions:
I'm liking the geography theme for names. Pick one or come up with your own.
Knowing him he'll probably pick the land of rivers and water now...(I think that's nehir or nehirler for rivers).

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Hello all, and may I say Bravo! I've been following this epic since just after the fall of France. I created an account specifically to tell you guys to keep it up!
Welcome Hustaryin! I am glad to have you aboard. :) And I really appreciate you starting an account just for saying hello! That kind of thoughtful gesture really makes it easier to keep writing - indeed a pleasure to do so.

Have you caught up with the earlier story before the fall of France? If not and reading the whole work up to then is a bit too much, I recommend you look at the two summaries of the first 76 chapters (you can find them in the index on the intro page). Each is just a long chapter in length, designed for just that purpose.

To you and all my Dear Readers: the next week has been played and is in the process of being edited and written up. And oh boy, it is one of the most hectic since I started in January 1936! My challenge is to render it all into a digestible piece without missing any key action - but it should be fine. If it gets too much, I’ll break the end of month summary and naval report into a separate annex. :)

So how has the Glorious Union fared? No hints or spoilers: I will leave you in suspense. ;)

Reactions:
Welcome Hustaryin! I am glad to have you aboard. :) And I really appreciate you starting an account just for saying hello! That kind of thoughtful gesture really makes it easier to keep writing - indeed a pleasure to do so.

Have you caught up with the earlier story before the fall of France? If not and reading the whole work up to then is a bit too much, I recommend you look at the two summaries of the first 76 chapters (you can find them in the index on the intro page). Each is just a long chapter in length, designed for just that purpose.

To you and all my Dear Readers: the next week has been played and is in the process of being edited and written up. And oh boy, it is one of the most hectic since I started in January 1936! My challenge is to render it all into a digestible piece without missing any key action - but it should be fine. If it gets too much, I’ll break the end of month summary and naval report into a separate annex. :)

So how has the Glorious Union fared? No hints or spoilers: I will leave you in suspense. ;)
BY LOKI'S SMELLY SCROTUM I cannot wait to read it :D

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I take a brief break and suddenly I'm ~8 chapters and a good dozen pages behind. These new writers with their ridiculous pace, it'll never catch on. See you at some point, but probably not soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
BY LOKI'S SMELLY SCROTUM I cannot wait to read it :D
:eek::D:D I’m sure it would be, but am in no hurry to confirm it! This week will surely test Inonu and the Turkish Army like never before.
I take a brief break and suddenly I'm ~8 chapters and a good dozen pages behind. These new writers with their ridiculous pace, it'll never catch on. See you at some point, but probably not soon.
But I’ve slowed down a little on this one because I’ve now added a third AAR again! :D;) Ah well, stern chases and all that. Hope all is well on the Pippette front. Although it’s not the front you have to worry about. :p:oops:

Reactions:

Yes I have went back and read the story from the very beginning. Though ,admittedly, I went back to the beginning after the fall of France originally to search for the taint of mods used to forward their agenda. I have followed other AAR's and found them wanting. So imagine my pleasant surprise when I begin reading that find no signs of corruption!
Over all I've very surprised at how belligerent you have been but have suffered very little in the way of consequences. A major part of it was simply very good planning but to make it as far as you have and still be not only alive but thriving!
Anyway, to get back to more recent events, I have been silently encouraging the current offensive operation from the background. It may be my 'damn the torpedoes' attitude but I this needs to be done with the full weight that can be put behind it. But after reading the explanation of how it was planned and the available forces this does seem like a very good compromise between the options of just turtleing up and my advocacy of full steam ahead.

Reactions:
Yes I have went back and read the story from the very beginning. Though ,admittedly, I went back to the beginning after the fall of France originally to search for the taint of mods used to forward their agenda. I have followed other AAR's and found them wanting. So imagine my pleasant surprise when I begin reading that find no signs of corruption!
Over all I've very surprised at how belligerent you have been but have suffered very little in the way of consequences. A major part of it was simply very good planning but to make it as far as you have and still be not only alive but thriving!
Anyway, to get back to more recent events, I have been silently encouraging the current offensive operation from the background. It may be my 'damn the torpedoes' attitude but I this needs to be done with the full weight that can be put behind it. But after reading the explanation of how it was planned and the available forces this does seem like a very good compromise between the options of just turtleing up and my advocacy of full steam ahead.
Wonderful - that’s a lot of dedication to read from the beginning. Yes, no mods, and only the barest absolute minimum of tinkering. And so far, not a single ‘scum save’: this is being played on as close as I can make it to Ironman mode. So if a plan goes wrong or I forget to move a unit, etc, then that’s one for the AI. I enjoy it more that way, even though it would make no difference to the reader/narrative (other than making the game easier).

On the current offensive: you would have seen by now that Inonu favours opportunistic, controlled and focused aggression, though is always wary of the blowback: mainly, because with such an essentially brittle power, one big mistake can be the end, very quickly. Hence that Calistar Line. One overreach, or the Germans really paying us some attention with those panzers, and, well ...

Reactions:
I certainly understand the hesitancy about drawing panzer attention. I doubted there effectiveness until recently. I used a corp of tech level two South African tanks to drive the Italians from the gates of Cairo to knock on the doors of Tripoli. And if they were Tigers... that's just scary.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We are very belligerent in turkey apparently. I think it was everyone crowding round and wishing well on what is usually Europe's punching bag.
I was also amazed we got away with Albania and Persia unmolested and astonished that siding with the communists and taking Yugoslavia didnt trigger a war. The allies abandoning Greece of course was a given.

Reactions:
We are very belligerent in turkey apparently. I think it was everyone crowding round and wishing well on what is usually Europe's punching bag.
I was also amazed we got away with Albania and Persia unmolested and astonished that siding with the communists and taking Yugoslavia didnt trigger a war. The allies abandoning Greece of course was a given.
It was all in the name of keeping each out of Fascist hands, of course. They welcomed our prompt and benevolent action. And the Allies cooperated with the Soviets in the take-down of Persia/Iran in ‘42 anyway, so an OTL parallel there.

Of course, it’s the game’s somewhat hard-wired threat mechanics that also let you get away with it. But, if you think of the dynamics as they would be, siding with the Soviets gave us impunity from Allied intervention, while to them, anyone else standing up to the Germans would be tolerated. They tolerated the Soviets, after all, until after the war was over in OTL. Now, with Britain alone and the US still isolated ... well, why wouldn’t they continue to grudgingly accept Turkish regional hegemony?

Reactions:
It was all in the name of keeping each out of Fascist hands, of course. They welcomed our prompt and benevolent action. And the Allies cooperated with the Soviets in the take-down of Persia/Iran in ‘42 anyway, so an OTL parallel there.

Of course, it’s the game’s somewhat hard-wired threat mechanics that also let you get away with it. But, if you think of the dynamics as they would be, siding with the Soviets gave us impunity from Allied intervention, while to them, anyone else standing up to the Germans would be tolerated. They tolerated the Soviets, after all, until after the war was over in OTL. Now, with Britain alone and the US still isolated ... well, why wouldn’t they continue to grudgingly accept Turkish regional hegemony?

Plus aside from Greece and maybe Persia, the allies actually quite liked us cleaning up the balkans for them and making the area uncomplicated again for their foriegn policy makers. Even in Persia, only the british were really annoyed and they don't tend to do anything in the 30s any universe so...

Course it depends who survives to write and read the history books, at the end of the day.

Reactions:
Plus aside from Greece and maybe Persia, the allies actually quite liked us cleaning up the balkans for them and making the area uncomplicated again for their foriegn policy makers. Even in Persia, only the british were really annoyed and they don't tend to do anything in the 30s any universe so...

Course it depends who survives to write and read the history books, at the end of the day.
Very true. Greece was the “Well, we don’t like that but will let you off with a warning this time. Don’t do it again without checking with us first.” Our excuse there was historical enmity and revenge for them trying to do it to us in the 1920s. After all, it’s never hard to whip up a quarrel between the two: one should hardly be surprised when it happens!

Reactions:
Very true. Greece was the “Well, we don’t like that but will let you off with a warning this time. Don’t do it again without checking with us first.” Our excuse there was historical enmity and revenge for them trying to do it to us in the 1920s. After all, it’s never hard to whip up a quarrel between the two: one should hardly be surprised when it happens!

Ive basically sold it to my Greek friend as Greece 'tricking' the Turks into personal union which obviously means Greece wins by default...

I hope we're allowed Romania back afterwards. Otherwise the russians might be a bit too close to the balkans to leave it to us to handle...

Reactions:
I certainly understand the hesitancy about drawing panzer attention. I doubted there effectiveness until recently. I used a corp of tech level two South African tanks to drive the Italians from the gates of Cairo to knock on the doors of Tripoli. And if they were Tigers... that's just scary.
Quite so. When you see what their panzers alone did to France and how they’re pushing back a well-prepared Soviet Union now, then one is right to be wary about them. All along, my protective plan (after the unfortunate fall of France, which I had thought I would prevent) and hope is that the Soviets will continue to occupy most of their attention. But there is no guarantee.

Reactions: