• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HoI4 Dev Diary: A.E.I.O.U

A.E.I.O.U Diary.png

Greetings commanders!

As you’ll be aware, it has been a while since our last dev diary, and I’m super thrilled to finally release what we’ve been working on since No Step Back.

We take great pride in our attention to gameplay telemetry that we receive from keen HOI4 players from across the globe, and our data wizards regularly furnish us with relevant information with which to steer development of features. After NSB, we were informed of a clear and scientific trend in the data:

pasted image 0.png

That’s right folks, it turns out that 99.5%* of you exclusively play monarchies. It was quite clear to us that we had a mandate to finally concede to public demand, and add the long-awaited Habsburg branch to the Generic focus tree!

*These results were verified by independent election officials.

Now, regardless of which nation you hold dear, you too can find and install a local member of the Habsburg dynasty, taking part in the restoration of everyone’s favorite neighborhood hegemony.

pasted image 0 (1).png

After discovering a stray member of the Habsburg dynasty, steer your nation to glory by choosing an appropriate spouse or accidentally inheriting some countries you weren’t aware existed.

No Habsburg tree would be complete without an edifying array of royal marriage candidates, so we’ve included plenty of historically accurate examples:

pasted image 0 (2).png

Once you have secured the bloodline, you can, naturally, expand your sights to join your relatives in other countries in vying for the ultimate prize:

pasted image 0 (3).png

As you might expect, every nation can now join and restore the Holy Roman Empire regardless of where they start.

In addition to the usual focus tree content, we’ll be expanding our ambitions somewhat! We’ll be including three new realistic continuous focuses to the Habsburg branch:

pasted image 0 (4).png

Ultimately we feel that this adds a great deal to the generic focus tree experience, importantly providing a thoughtful, plausible and historically inspired approach that you can enjoy with nations as far afield as you like.

A.E.I.O.U, folks!

A.E.I.O.U Diary banner.png

Attachments

• A.E.I.O.U Diary.png
    A.E.I.O.U Diary.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 155Haha
  • 47Love
  • 39Like
Reactions:
After all, it's about time the generic focus tree got some love. All these people clamouring for a new Italian focus tree are missing the bigger picture. By my estimate 42 countries would benefit from an update to the generic tree, while only one country would benefit from a new Italian one. Do the math people!

• 6Haha
Reactions:
After all, it's about time the generic focus tree got some love. All these people clamouring for a new Italian focus tree are missing the bigger picture. By my estimate 42 countries would benefit from an update to the generic tree, while only one country would benefit from a new Italian one. Do the math people!
Long last time for Italy to get something. Its the tutorial for the whole game and their tree ends sometime in 1942...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Seems more plausible than adolf hitler as ruler of restored Byzantium

• 8Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 824799

Greetings commanders!

As you’ll be aware, it has been a while since our last dev diary, and I’m super thrilled to finally release what we’ve been working on since No Step Back.

We take great pride in our attention to gameplay telemetry that we receive from keen HOI4 players from across the globe, and our data wizards regularly furnish us with relevant information with which to steer development of features. After NSB, we were informed of a clear and scientific trend in the data:

View attachment 824727

That’s right folks, it turns out that 99.5%* of you exclusively play monarchies. It was quite clear to us that we had a mandate to finally concede to public demand, and add the long-awaited Habsburg branch to the Generic focus tree!

*These results were verified by independent election officials.

Now, regardless of which nation you hold dear, you too can find and install a local member of the Habsburg dynasty, taking part in the restoration of everyone’s favorite neighborhood hegemony.

View attachment 824723

After discovering a stray member of the Habsburg dynasty, steer your nation to glory by choosing an appropriate spouse or accidentally inheriting some countries you weren’t aware existed.

No Habsburg tree would be complete without an edifying array of royal marriage candidates, so we’ve included plenty of historically accurate examples:

View attachment 824724

Once you have secured the bloodline, you can, naturally, expand your sights to join your relatives in other countries in vying for the ultimate prize:

View attachment 824725

As you might expect, every nation can now join and restore the Holy Roman Empire regardless of where they start.

In addition to the usual focus tree content, we’ll be expanding our ambitions somewhat! We’ll be including three new realistic continuous focuses to the Habsburg branch:

View attachment 824726

Ultimately we feel that this adds a great deal to the generic focus tree experience, importantly providing a thoughtful, plausible and historically inspired approach that you can enjoy with nations as far afield as you like.

A.E.I.O.U, folks!

View attachment 824800
bro pleaseeeee austria focus tree

I love the idea of Austria having their focus tree, but what about Italy and Belgium?

I don't understand, this sounds like any old HoI4 update. Aren't April Fool's jokes supposed to be hilariously unbelievable?
:p

• 11Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I don't understand, this sounds like any old HoI4 update. Aren't April Fool's jokes supposed to be hilariously unbelievable?
:p
My point exactly.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: