• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You might benefit from trying to use diplomacy as a shield. Snuggle up with the Russians and try to get either a gauruntee or an alliance. That might convince the Chinese to look elsewhere if they want a fight.

China has the most powerful army in the world?

Isn't that a little.......odd?
They probably just have an incredibly large amount of troops that shows as a mistakingly large military score. I guess that if China got into a fight with Britain or Russia, those troop numbers would diminish pretty fast and China's military score would plummet.

They probably just have an incredibly large amount of troops that shows as a mistakingly large military score. I guess that if China got into a fight with Britain or Russia, those troop numbers would diminish pretty fast and China's military score would plummet.

Indeed, if score is calculated as in Vicky technology is not directly taken into account, just the number and type of units.

I see the japanese armies are called 3rd Army, 4rd Army, etc. Will it be moddable to "Army of $PROVINCE$" somehow like in EU3?

At the start all of the armies had fancy names but I am to lazy to change them myself.

As for the Chinese army. They have the largest armed force but not the most powerful. I am quite confident I will be able to hold them off with my enlarged army and some fortifications once I can build those.

Paper tiger, to do with how it's calculated no doubt :) They'll be irregulars and low tech and so no real problem for Western powers (unless the numbers brought to bear in an individual battle are vast). No offense, but I'm hoping they kick you out of Korea because they can, and so they should ;).

China has the most powerful army in the world?

Isn't that a little.......odd?

Not really. It has the manpower for it and from my understanding, historically did have the world's largest army throughout the 19th century.

But the real question is if it is just like the "Paper Tiger" that it was back then.

Just because you have a big army, doesn't always mean your peasents with muskets are going to beat a well armed regiment with a machine gun. :D

Clausewitz engine... Anyone?

I see the japanese armies are called 3rd Army, 4rd Army, etc. Will it be moddable to "Army of $PROVINCE$" somehow like in EU3?

I've heard it's build on the same game engine (correct me if I'm wrong) - so I would say yes?

EDIT: First post, btw :b

I would have tried to get an ally instead of spending all that money on the military. BTW can you tell us a little more about national stockpile?

They have 489 brigades, you can see it in one of screenshow of their score there.

I can't find it in the diplo screen, only military score and rank.

BTW can you tell us a little more about national stockpile?

At the moment my national stockpile is the cost of my army (around 30) and the convoys from Japan to Korea and the other islands.

@ Korsgaard: welcome and I am honoured you make your first post in this thread.

Umm... sorry for my very late entry, but shouldn't China and Korea be allied from the game start anyway? Seeing as how China claims suzerainty over Korea (and Koreans didn't particularly mind), Japanese invasion into Korea (and establishing a continental foothold) ought to have resulted in China declaring war on Japan already.:rolleyes:

Umm... sorry for my very late entry, but shouldn't China and Korea be allied from the game start anyway? Seeing as how China claims suzerainty over Korea (and Koreans didn't particularly mind), Japanese invasion into Korea (and establishing a continental foothold) ought to have resulted in China declaring war on Japan already.:rolleyes:

See for more on that the discussion in this thread.