• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
There are 37 people that received a vote suggesting that someone thought you deserved being named such an excellent writAAR. This surprises me not at all. Nor did the voting and results in this category. It was a nail-biter for a few folks but ultimately it was decided in the final days and the order settled the very last day of voting. As I say every year - every vote counts and so does the order you give it. We have a winner and the 2023 WritAAR of the Year is...

Once again, a wonderful highlight to a delightful return of an old veteran. Many congratulations @The Kingmaker and truly welcome back!! It brings me no shame at all to land at second place...

And it truly is an honor. Especially as it comes with such stiff competition. Our third place is none other than a previous 3 time winner...

Deserved every time! As are these other many nominees:

This right here is why AARland continues to thrive! Every person listed should be honored that someone thought you writAAR of the year. This list crosses game, ages, styles and the fullness of our community. Congratulations to each of you and we all look forward to more of the same here in 2024. And thank you once again for all of the mindful voters that took the time to remember back. Now the thread is open for your own thanks, congrats and any discussion you should wish.

Look for tomorrow for the big one. AAR of the Year to be announced then. :)

• 7Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Well said @coz1 and warmest congratulations to @Kingmaker, you coz and everyone else nominated. It’s a very great honour to share a podium with the deserving gold and silver medallists and indeed such a great list of writers, any of whom would have have been worthy winners. Many thanks to all who cast a vote my way - it is always deeply appreciated. :)

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congrats to all the winners, the voters, th authors, and the readers! Also which @Bullfilter came in third place? Isn't there like three of him running around? :D

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @The Kingmaker for the win! And great job @coz1, @Bullfilter, and the rest of the nominees!

I'm surprised I made the list with all the other great entries, but I appreciate it. Thank you!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations, fellow forumites! Great jobs!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @The Kingmaker and to everyone else who was nominated. You all deserve it!

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Wow. I've been thinking this over for a little while now and I'm still not quite sure what to say. I mean, I'm absolutely thrilled, but I'm also rather taken aback. It's kind of surreal. I guess if enough people vote for you in the 3rd or 4th spot, it really does add up.

Just look at the other names in the top 10 for this award: @coz1, @Bullfilter, @HistoryDude, @Macavity116, @Nikolai, @El Pip, @Von Acturus, @TheButterflyComposer, and @DensleyBlair. It's a veritable who's who of some of the most legendary writers in AARland. I'm deeply humbled to be so honored in the midst of such a talented company of writers. Each and every one of these individuals (and many more!) is highly deserving of this award, without question. My name may have top billing this time around, but I feel like the real victory here is being able to associate with such fine and talented people.

Congratulations to my podium-mates, @coz1 and @Bullfilter, both of whom have earned the gold in prior years. It's an honor to share this moment with you both. Thanks so much to everyone who voted in the YAYAs, to everyone who reads our stories on this forum, and to each of you for being here.

My heartfelt thanks and best wishes,

Kingmaker

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Congratulations to @The Kingmaker and @coz1 and @Bullfilter ! Also to everyone else on the list.

I'm sure there are fine writers who weren't even nominated, but this list is responsible for some really talented -- amazing, frankly -- writing, and I agree with The Kingmaker -- I'm proud to be associated with you all!

Rensslaer

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
I almost missed this one, so mildly belated congratulations to the very worthy winners @coz1 , @The Kingmaker and @Bullfilter. Wonderful to see a range of winners from different styles and games not just on the podium but all down the list.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I’m losing track of which awards I’ve commented on and which I haven’t. This one apparently falls into the latter category. Let me correct that now.

As others have already said, this is a fantastic list and about as close as one can get to a Who’s Who of AARland these days. It is an honour to be listed as part of it – and I am happy to have snuck into the top ten by the barest of margins, for the second year in a row. There are exceptional writers at all points; the fact that Tommy’s name concludes the billing is an insane testament to the strength in depth AARland currently enjoys. Well done everyone.

Congratulations most of all to @The Kingmaker for crowning an exceptional return to the boards with the individual prize. Congratulations to @Bullfilter, the people’s WritAAR of the Decade, and @coz1, the people’s WritAAR of All Time, for always-deserved podium finishes.

Best wishes to everyone for their writing endeavours for the rest of this year. Looking forward to seeing what we’ve all produced come the next YAYAs!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: