• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CBS World News - July 12th, 1951

July 12th, 1951

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe and abroad."

"This is London. The military situation in Europe continues to favor neither side as the battles progress back and forth over the German city of Leipzig. The battles over the past week have razed much of the city and displaced many. All along the front, civilians are moving east to escape the advancing Allied armies. However, civilians on the Allied side of the border move west to escape the constant warfare of the region. The Allied armies have again launched attacks against the industrial center of Hamburg, and managed to reach the suburbs of the city. Fierce resistance received by German armored units forced the cancellation of the attack and withdrawal to the starting positions."

"In the waters that extend from western India to the Persian Gulf, Soviet ships have fought engagements against the American Carrier Group assigned to the area. What the Soviet navy is doing in these waters is unknown, but it is believed to have been searching for a decisive engagement with the Allied fleet. The American fleet, with its numerous carriers, sunk much of the obsolete Soviet ships that were sent to attack it. After several days of battle, the Soviet navy was finally forced to retreat south and was last seen heading off deep into the Indian Ocean. In the engagments, the only notable Allied loss was one carrier, the USS Bennington."

"In the Middle East, the British government has released the state of Israel to its own governance. The Israelis promised to provide military support for the Allied cause in exchange for diplomatic freedom."

ScreenSave54-1.jpg

ScreenSave55-1.jpg

ScreenSave56.jpg

ScreenSave57.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished a game where I was playing with Germany, forced Bitter Peace on the Soviets, then switched playing with the USA... Most fun game ever, since Germany actually proved to be a challenge, while Japan was just a nuisance :)

Anyway, I'm really enjoying your AAR... Any free minor Allied slots in your game? ;)

did you lose units in magdeburg or you managed to evacuate?

Thank God, no. I managed to evacuate it. I used support defense so they could move there faster ;).

It was close though.

@Josip: Thanks, and I'll think about it. If I say yes, I would have to open the offer up to everyone who wants to and then create a small c++ program to choose a name randomly :).

Last edited:
CBS World News -September 7th, 1951

September 7th, 1951

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe and abroad."

"This is London. The European battlefield continues to become a mess of German and Allied attacks as both sides attempt to gain the upper hand. In the north, German troops are reeling from a series of Allied offensives that saw the capture of Hamburg, Leipzig, and Wolfsburg. These attacks, although costly in manpower and supplies, have cut off the German troops in Denmark, and severely disorganized the Germans north east of Berlin."

"German air activity has become increasingly hostile recently as American forces advance towards the rocket facilities near Stralsund and Berlin. These facilities, the main center of missile development for Germany, have begun to be evacuated as the front pushes closer and closer. In a clear act of desperation, several second generation V2 missiles were launched, with the presumed destination of Britain."

"In Asia, the population of China and Japan have become self governing after the United States offered them freedom in exchange for military and economic contributions to the Allied cause. This comes mere months after the Red Army crossed the Manchurian border and begun invading Allied territory."

"As it has been known to the general public for many months now, the British Army is faced with severely depleting reserves. With the start of the war now nearing its 12th anniversary, there just is not simply enough men to fill the shoes of those who have fallen. This is why the British government has requested us that we ask women not currently engaged in work to join the army. Though barred from military positions, there are several jobs held by men that could be better sent off to the front. The army needs medical and postal assistants, cooks, typists to relay orders, and many more. The army has extended the offer to include those working closer to home, assisting the anti-aircraft batteries around major cities, and manning the crucial radar network that keeps your families safe. Please go to you local recruitment office now for jobs that would best suit you."

"Back in the United States, the war is also beginning to be felt. War rations have again been reduced as supply stocks continue to dwindle. The sheer volume of supplies consumed by the Allied forces continues to be felt by every American at home. We ask that more families plant backyard gardens in order to ease the food shortages that have become common place over the country. Don't throw any food out. Save scraps when you can, keep them for the next day."

ScreenSave23-1.jpg

ScreenSave24.jpg

ScreenSave30.jpg

ScreenSave31-1.jpg

ScreenSave35-1.jpg

ScreenSave36-2.jpg

ScreenSave37-1.jpg

ScreenSave38-1.jpg

Nice one in Germany, that's what I call progress! :)

The Allied MP situation is bad indeed, but hopefully the new Chinese and Japanese divs should be able to help you out. Especially against USSR.

German troops cut off in the north. I also see some signs of MP weakness with the Germans as well... is the breaking point near?

The Russians do seem like trouble, though. It'll be a while before the Chinese and Japanese troops arrive.

Knock 'em out! Smash your way into Denmark and Berlin, Germany's end is near!

National China should be churning out troops in a matter of months all you got to do is hold off the commies til then and let the Chinese loose! A year tops and everything changes.

Good fighting there. Just hold the line, and when you and UK have your four nukes, drop them on Germany for the death blow. Aim for the core provinces with high IC an manpower for maximal GER dissent!

With the dissent from 4 nukes and the loss of IC / manpower, Germany should be ready to collapse quickly. Just watch your casualties for now and conserve your strength for the last offensive after The Big One (TM). The last thing you want is to have Germany struggling with a massive ESE penalty from the nukes, while your troops are so depleted that you can't seize the opportunity and roll them all the way back to the Volga.

@Storm501: Yes, finally I advance more then a couple provinces in a year. China is already beginning to build infantry (I've got 9 moving up to the Soviet front). It is easing the situation, but the Soviets are building up alot of men now.

@safferli: Me and Germany both seem to be nearing the ends of our ropes....

@frigidmagi: Yes, Denmark will hopefully collapse soon and free up more troops for us to use as reserves. Also, the battle in Sweden is going well.

@Leviathan07: That is the plan, although it will only be three nukes. I have two, and the UK is working on getting one operational. Those enemy bombers keep making a run every few weeks and we are straining to provide adequate air cover. We have 16 fighters patrolling the area in 4 groups, and they still slip by!
With winter nearing, we might have to launch a nuclear attack in spring.

Either today or tomorrow I will post another news report. Whoever guesses what it will be centered on will get to be mentioned in it. One guess only / person :)

It is nice to see regulars around here, I've noticed some of you have been following it since the beginning.

When are you going to fire your nukes you have in store right now?

Are there enough Jews left in the world to create a Jewish majority in Palestine?

Thats not really allowed under Paradox rules. At least I don't think it is. We're not allowed to mention genocide and apply it to the game.

I think its stupid but...

Are there enough Jews left in the world to create a Jewish majority in Palestine?

Since that is a sensitive issue on Paradox Forums, I'm just going to say that Hitler decided to expel the Jewish population from the occupied territories and now they are all relocating to Israel.

CBS World News -September 13th, 1951

September 13th, 1951

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we bring you a very special and somber report on the truth behind the rumors that have been circulating."

"This is New York. Tonight, fellow Americans, we come to clarify what many of you may have heard. It is true that early this morning of September 13th, 1951, that our nation was attacked by nuclear means by Germany. The attack was directed against the city of Philadelphia, and has left a great many dead. Much of the city itself is destroyed, and recovery efforts have been hampered by down trees, toppled buildings, and countless obstacles."

"However, we should be grateful here in the United States, for we did not bear the brunt of the new escalation in the war. As I talk to you now America, Britain lies in chaos. They have received destruction beyond an incalculable measure. Sheffield, Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, and Edinburgh have been attacked by nuclear means. Widespread rioting, looting and civil disobedience has rocked the country. Their economy lay in ruins, as with its people. The military has been forced to step in to quell the violence. The death toll is estimated to be in the multi-millions. Many of the victims have severe burns, and there is not nearly enough resources to help those trapped in the ruins. The British government has called upon Americans to help restore order. Mutinies have occurred in the British army as order collapses in troops along the Indian and European fronts. We will call upon Tommy Fourever now to attempt to get a better picture of what is occurring in Britain."

"London, this is New York calling....London...this is New York."

"..."

"....This is London. As many of you have heard, our country has been devastated by nuclear attacks. Currently, chaos has gripped the country. In Scotland, bands of rebels are uprising against local authorities, while in the south no sense of order can be restored. I personally went to talk to Commander Cool on his visit to the capital. He refused to comment, but his appearance was enough to tell of the dire situation our small country faces. He is a former shadow of what his former self used to be. He has become pale and fragile looking, with signs of lack of sleep and over exertion apparent. It is true that our country, after 12 years of uninterrupted war, is at the end of its ropes. In fact, there is rumors circulating that several members of parliament will suggest the discontinuation of the war and suggest offering peace to Germany...."

"Thank you Tommy Fourever."

"We have just received word that the United States, in an act of vengeance for the attacks on British cities, have launched their own nuclear attacks against German cities. It is being reported that both Vienna and Berlin have been destroyed by American nuclear weapons, and that American troops have launched attacks across the entire front hoping to catch the German army off guard. Commander Feuersturm has refused official comment on any of the developing situations, but has expressed 'great sorrow' for the loss of life sustained in both Allied and German nuclear attacks."

ScreenSave39.jpg

ScreenSave41.jpg

ScreenSave43.jpg

ScreenSave44.jpg

ScreenSave45.jpg

ScreenSave48.jpg

ScreenSave52.jpg

ScreenSave53.jpg

ScreenSave55.jpg

**Holy ****. This could not come at a worse time....(as you can tell from one of the screenshots, Cool became very bitter about the attacks (the one that said AAR readers would be happy). I would be bitter if I were Britain too. Near ~90% dissent is disastrous for any country.**

Jesus Christ good god almighty. Thats insane! Cool's got 83% dissent?! I can't put into words how messed up this AAR is. I like it, but god that has to hurt England. Shit shit shit

Oh my god.:eek:

I havent seen this much nuclear chaos since Kami's aar's. That is insane. I am wondering how the British will still be able to go on. Perhaps you should send some troops to the British Isles to help suppress any uprisings. At least you also got Berlin and Vienna as payback. Make Germany pay for its crimes once and for all.

The Reporter Tommy Fourever is back :D
But sadly Edinburgh is now a nuclear crater and the whole UK is coming down :(
Britain will probably have to withdraw most of its army to prevent the mainland and indeed the Empire falling into the hads of rebel. And with manpower all but gone there is no way Britain can be able to do anything effectively for the rest of the war.

Out of the frying pan and into the flaming oven of death! :p

HOLY...!!! Just when you were thinking about nuking, looks like the German intel found out about your plans and striked first. Nice job nuking Berlin, but will this lead to Armageddon now? ...I hope the Soviets don't have nukes. :(