• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Luckily the magistrate requirement is editable. I know I for one will edit some of the buildings, the ones that I feel everywhere should have, down to no magistrates and likely will edit the high end stuff, the powerful things that should be a major choice, up to require 3 or 4 magistrates.

Are the maximum magistrates/agents in general being increased? It's silly that an African Opm has the same maximum agents as a France that sprawls over half of Europe. And I feel bad spending advisers just so that I don't miss any surplus.

Luckily the magistrate requirement is editable. I know I for one will edit some of the buildings, the ones that I feel everywhere should have, down to no magistrates and likely will edit the high end stuff, the powerful things that should be a major choice, up to require 3 or 4 magistrates.

This is still up for testing and tweaking, but some buildings may require more than one magistrate.

This sounds a like a pretty good idea.

I like this a lot, this is the best DD so far! :)
I have one question, what's going to happen to "Conduct Population Sensus"? I think it fills its purpose as a decision and not a building.

This is still up for testing and tweaking, but some buildings may require more than one magistrate.

A better system would be to have "agents" that "go off" and do a project and then return to your capital for another assignment.

And I also agree that the max number of such agents that can be retained should be modable - so that third-world OPM's have fewer - if any - in relation to major European powers. This would allow for magistrates to develope traits (with effects such as decreased building time, etc.) and then at some point die only to be replaced by newer less experienced men.

In fact I have felt this same model should be used for diplomacy. It would better represent the wait time required to traverse the sprawling globe in order to put proposals before a foreign prince.

This update means I have to typ magistrate/official so much more, for that -1. For deleting the city view -1. For the ugly map, which looks fake, I prefer the current maps! Making -3.

This update means I have to typ magistrate/official so much more, for that -1.

Very few of us felt a shortage of magistrates when playing yesterday so this should not be a problem.

For deleting the city view -1.

As it had no actual function in the game, and the new building system needed space, this was a rather easy choice.

For the ugly map, which looks fake, I prefer the current maps! Making -3.

Really? Most people seem to really like the more Victoria-esqe map.

Very few of us felt a shortage of magistrates when playing yesterday so this should not be a problem.

As it had no actual function in the game, and the new building system needed space, this was a rather easy choice.

Really? Most people seem to really like the more Victoria-esqe map.

I would give you +3 for all :).

The man has no clue, all the things you seem to bring in are very good.

New map is more accurate and has a smoother feeling. But it's damn flat.
So I quite don't know where to stand on that one.

Oh, to hell with that, geographic accuracy always wins as far as I'm concerned.

[B@W] Abominus;11826157 said:
I would give you +3 for all :).

The man has no clue, all the things you seem to bring in are very good.

I'd give a +4 alone for the new map. The buildings and getting rid of the useless city view is wonderful, but adding the map update is great.

A question: Is the maximum number of "storable" agents moddable? The first idea that popped into my head when I heard about that, was to make more primitive governments less able to "store" magistrates.

A question: Is the maximum number of "storable" agents moddable? The first idea that popped into my head when I heard about that, was to make more primitive governments less able to "store" magistrates.

Sadly no. They told that in one of the newer diary threads...

how about 'reserving' magistrate (architect in this case?) untill the build is complere. he wouldn't die building fort or zerg-morph into fort :), instead would return to capital and build somewhere else (unless already at max 9 magistrates).