• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(132388)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jan 18, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Aaaargh!

I wanna play as Bavaria but keep getting annexed (around 1882) by the Austria's formation of of the South German Confederation.

I'd like to find a way around that - preferably without mod - anyone know how to do it?

Cheers

I formed Germany as Bavaria and fully united it by 1880.

Research culture tech early on to become a GP, you shoud also betray Austria if they go to war with Prussia. Wait and see who starts to lose that war and strike at the loser to take some land. You really, really, really want Sigmaringen so you could stay with Austria and go all out for that province.

Once you have Sigmaringen SoI Baden and Wurttemburg and you can form SGF yourself. ;)

I got kinda lucky and took the crown fromthe gutter before later annexing Prussia and their allies.

Thanks

I conquested both Baden and Wurttemburg but it didn't help.

There was no was between Prussia and Austria to take advantage of....

So I don't make an alliance with Austria - what about lowering relations and alliancing with Prussia

Thing is I want to complete the game as Bavaria - so no SGF or German unity...

Thanks

I conquested both Baden and Wurttemburg but it didn't help.

There was no was between Prussia and Austria to take advantage of....

So I don't make an alliance with Austria - what about lowering relations and alliancing with Prussia

Thing is I want to complete the game as Bavaria - so no SGF or German unity...

Ally with French and try to be in their sphere?
Attack your neighbours?

But actually your proposals about becoming a GP or allying with France are no solution at all. Bought the game last wee, today it was the first day I could start playing. I took Baden and everything went fine until some day during the big war against Prussia - the game simply froze. I only noticed that everything in Southern Germany had become Bavarian Blue and a strange German looking flag had appeared. Great - crash??? I asked myself. And about one minute later I found myself on the Overview screen telling me that I've been annexed. So this is simply a major bug in my opinion, ruining your gameplay. For the Player Nation there should definitley be an option to refuse to this Union or to play it.

But actually your proposals about becoming a GP or allying with France are no solution at all. Bought the game last wee, today it was the first day I could start playing. I took Baden and everything went fine until some day during the big war against Prussia - the game simply froze. I only noticed that everything in Southern Germany had become Bavarian Blue and a strange German looking flag had appeared. Great - crash??? I asked myself. And about one minute later I found myself on the Overview screen telling me that I've been annexed. So this is simply a major bug in my opinion, ruining your gameplay. For the Player Nation there should definitley be an option to refuse to this Union or to play it.

I think that the event that does the inheritance has two options.
Unless it is some other decision that gives an event with no options. :p
Okay, something is really screwed...