EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had a lot of fun casting yesterday. Hopefully I did a decent job at it.
As ordinary viewer I think you did a great job.

Q8NLmYv.png

A theological debate between the Patriarch of Ethiopia and the Shanhanshah of Persia goes sour. (1675, Colorized)

Politics are delicate matters. Friendships that have lasted hundreds of years can end in an instant. During a particularly intense theological debate on the merits of the Coptic and Shia faiths, the Patriarch of Ethiopia has exclaims "ENOUGH! We have had enough. The Patriarchate will not suffer these barbarians any longer. Any cooperation between Ethiopia and Persia ends here!"

Q8NLmYv.png

A theological debate between the Patriarch of Ethiopia and the Shanhanshah of Persia goes sour. (1675, Colorized)

Politics are delicate matters. Friendships that have lasted hundreds of years can end in an instant. During a particularly intense theological debate on the merits of the Coptic and Shia faiths, the Patriarch of Ethiopia has exclaims "ENOUGH! We have had enough. The Patriarchate will not suffer these barbarians any longer. Any cooperation between Ethiopia and Persia ends here!"

Free peasants everywhere wishes to express concern that the Patriarchate - our supposed ally - along with the Baltic Tyrants seeks to oust us from the Old World. Driving us straight into the arms of your enemy might not be in the Patriarchs interest!
The Revolutionary Council urges the Patriarch to reconsider its stance towards the peasantry...

Free peasants everywhere wishes to express concern that the Patriarchate - our supposed ally - along with the Baltic Tyrants seeks to oust us from the Old World. Driving us straight into the arms of your enemy might not be in the Patriarchs interest!
The Revolutionary Council urges the Patriarch to reconsider its stance towards the peasantry...

Why is Ethiopia plotting against Dithmarschen? @omfgBlondie

Junker Tyrants fearing for their lives are attempting to unite the Old World against us. We assume they offered Ethiopia the Free Peasant colonies on the african coast as payment.
We urge the Patriarch to renew our old alliance. The United Communes of Amerika are no longer the pushovers they once were...

The United Communes of Amerika are no longer the pushovers they once were...

Considering the logistical effort I am not so sure of your supposed power projection past a coastal beachhead. While your enemies are no real naval powers to prove your metal as Ethiopia etc., I didn't see any reason to offer you the position of Lord Admiral of the People yet. You never had to fight major naval battles before... that you won. Clearly that title belongs to Lord Admiral Bratyn of the Netherlands for now.

On that matter... are the Dutch backing your ambitions to keep Africa?

What did his post say about you?

Considering the logistical effort I am not so sure of your supposed power projection past a coastal beachhead. While your enemies are no real naval powers to prove your metal as Ethiopia etc., I didn't see any reason to offer you the position of Lord Admiral of the People yet. You never had to fight major naval battles before... that you won. Clearly that title belongs to Lord Admiral Bratyn of the Netherlands for now.

On that matter... are the Dutch backing your ambitions to keep Africa?

He is getting close to the number of heavies though. Also quite untouchable on the American mainland and could build ships 3 times as fast as Bratyn considering the large amount of coastal provinces.
At the same time, an alliance between Dithmarschen and Netherlands could dominate the rest of the world pretty easily, although I don't really see how cooperation is supposed to work with the ambitions both have.

He is getting close to the number of heavies though. Also quite untouchable on the American mainland and could build ships 3 times as fast as Bratyn considering the large amount of coastal provinces.

The brewing conflict is over "Dithmarshen Africa" which might not be what Bratyn desires to exist either way. There is also the European coalition. So I questioned if the Dutch stand by him in that war if France etc. take the other side. If all local major powers decided to oust Dithmarshen and are the aggressor, the wargoal will not be Maine, it will be Kongo. So if he can't project his power and if any major naval powers support the Africans not even land there without focused logistics and a war effort, he will NOT prevail.

Do you really believe anyone would declare IMPERIALISM on an American continental blob? This would be a colonial war or a local conquest.

So the question is fair, where does Francundy stand and how does the Netherlands place there. And will India decide to pick a side in the continental war America vs Africa?

Because alone Dithmarschens might over yonder might not count for much. And Lord Buccaneer Johan hasn't done a worldwide naval war yet the likes we saw before he blobbed Prussia and Byzanthium.