Stellaris UI Improvements Post 2.2.6 (Planet UI and Build Queues)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darth.

General
77 Badges
Apr 29, 2017
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
@grekulf
This post deals with needed improvements to the Planet Overview UI (taking into account the work done on patch 2.2.6) and build queue improvements.

PLANET UI
The picture of the 2.2.6 Planet UI gave me mixed feelings.
kFG9dXn.png

Before I suggest improvement, let me put forth what I like and dislike about it.

PROS
1. Return of a proper Terraform button
2. Color scheme
3. Better District layout
4. Better Planetary Features and Rare Resources info-box

CONS
1. Pops, free jobs, housing and unemployment are tucked away in the top-right corner instead of below the districts tab for better visibility

2. The Terraform button is below the districts tab instead which makes no sense as you will only use it once, if ever so giving it a place of pride here, is strange.

3. Placement of the Trade Value and Planet Production/Deficit info-boxes

4. Pop growth on planet, pop immigration and emigration, pop happiness have to be viewed in the Population tab and can't be seen in the planet overview

5. Disabled jobs (jobs disabled so pops can't fill them and will fill other jobs instead) is not even a thing forcing you to hunt through the list of jobs in the population tab and see which job types have disabled jobs rather than showing a simple number in the overview.
Note: Currently it just shows "Number pops", "Number of jobs", and "Unemployment". If you have unemployed pops and you still have free jobs, you have to extrapolate that you must have some disabled jobs. I'd rather it showed "Number of pops", "number of free, non-disabled jobs", and "number of disabled jobs".

Because of the above concerns, I decided make my own version of the planet UI, solving these concerns. Note that D.Jobs is short for "Disabled Jobs".

Unemp. = Unemployed pops

uIRL6v5.png

Everything you need to know about your planet, at a glance.

BUILD QUEUES
Regarding build queue improvments on planets and starbases, please, please please, let us do this:
99cd63a5e0512bf62ea830ab90e4df95.gif

It would be so much more convenient that the current tiny arrows you have to fiddle around with. Let us use left mouse button to click and drag and right mouse button to click and cancel build (or vice versa) in a build queue.

Have a good day :)

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Note: just realized Immigration/Emigration don't have separate modifiers, so put that modifier where Immigration is, and Robot Assembly Speed where Emigration is. These modifiers will also be in the pop tab. The purpose of putting them here is so you don't have to go to the pop tab and can view it all at a glance, and because there was empty space :p

Here's a mock-up:
uz8oVU6.png

Disabled Jobs and Pop Growth didn't have symbols so I improvised. Regarding everything else (especially the Planetary Features tab) please don't hold my poor photoshop skills against me.

At the very least, planetary happiness should be in the Planet UI if not Pop Grwoth and Robot Assembly speed. Maybe move that up to be next to Stability and Crime then.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I know I am necroing an old thread, but I really like the ideas in here. I really wish the Summary and the Population tabs were merged into one. They can make its box in the UI screen bigger if need be; I wouldn't even mind if it filled up the whole screen.