• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wagonlitz

Resident WW Foreigner
103 Badges
Jul 19, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Rome Gold
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
Werewolf Lite CCCXLVII:
The swineherd

HCA_by_Thora_Hallager_1869.jpg

Once upon a time there was a poor prince; he had a kingdom which was really small, but at least big enough to marry from---and marry was something he wanted. It sure was bold of him to ask the emperor's daughter: "Do you want me?", but he dared to since he name was widely famous. There was hundreds of princesses who would have said yes please, but lets see if she did it.
Now we are about to hear:

Ach, du lieber Augustin,
alles ist væk, væk, væk!

RULES:
There will be 17 players, no more, no less. Roles will be handed out after #17 signs up.
The game will then proceed to the First Night (after I have handed you your roles).

The Roles
1x Head lady-in-waiting (Seer): She is the most senior of the ladies-in-waiting and completely loyal to the princess; she can spot the emperor's lackeys from loyal ladies-in-waiting with 50% efficiency.
1x Chief steward (Seer): The chief steward has really liked the princess since she was born; from his position as chief steward he has the possibility of spotting emperor lackeys as they report to the emperor with 50% efficiency.
4x Emperor's lackeys (Werewolves): These ladies-in-waiting are loyal to the emperor and not the princess; if they discover something improper happening they will tell the emperor.
11x Ladies-in-waiting (Villagers): Ladies in waiting who are loyal to the princess.

NOTE: Obviously, the players are encouraged to choose appropriate characters to play as, and to roleplay if they like. However, if a player does not choose a character, one will be selected for them at such time that something happens to them, usually something bad.

Deadlines for votes are given by 20:00 GMT – two hours before the forum reboot. (PLEASE CONVERT THIS TO YOUR OWN TIME ZONE IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID FUTURE CONFUSION). A vote at 19:59 will count, whereas a vote at 20:00 will not.

Game starts with a nocturnal deadline.

Winning:
The agents wins by achieving parity with the staff; when that happens they have enough influence to sack all the remaining staff members.

EUROO7's Werewolf Lite Primer for Absolute Newbies
Werewolf Lite is a game of survival. Your main goal, no matter your role, is to survive. The game is played with seventeen players divided into two sides: the Villagers and Seer on one side, the Werewolves on the other. Each side's goal is to eliminate the other. Out of these seventeen, five are given a special role. Four are Werewolves, and one is a Seer. Their identities must remain secret. If the Seer's identity is revealed, the Werewolves may hunt their most dangerous enemy. If the Werewolves' identities are revealed, the village will surely lynch the monsters.

The game is divided into two sections. Day and Night. The game begins with a Night session. During the Night, the Werewolves hunt one person, and the Seer may discover the role of one player. During the Day, the villagers must decide who is responsible for the murder of the Night past.

Every game has a special theme. The theme for this game is above. Let your Werewolf journey begin...
Standard Lite Rules

There shall be seventeen players. All roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. The game will then proceed to a night deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods are run concurrently, from one update till the next. Each update is 24 hours apart.

Each day, all players vote to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved tie, and the werewolves can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
The villagers and seer win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

Various rules:
§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§2a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless substituting for a current player.
§2b. Players who have been subbed due to failure to participate may not sub for others
§3. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are yourself responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.

§4a. Orders not delivered on time are IGNORED.
§4b. NOT VOTING means REPLACEMENT OR EVEN DEATH, IMMEDIATELY. The granting of any "grace period" or forgiveness for late votes is entirely up to the GM.
§4c. Invalid votes (like voting for the GM, voting for dead people etc.) are treated like no vote is made. The GM has the final say in all matters.
§4d. Lying to the GM results in permanent ban from werewolf games.
§4e. Never quote private messages from GM (whether true or fake) in the game.
§4f. Screenshots of private messages aren’t allowed in the game.

§5a. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION, AFFECT THE GAME IN ANY OTHER WAY NOR REVEAL ANY SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§5b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour, but don't use gold which is the GM colour.

§6 Alliances which aren't based on your roles in the game between players are forbidden. These alliances which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§7a Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in bold text, minimum font size 4. For example.
VOTE X
If you wish to unvote someone, write "UNVOTE":
UNVOTE X, VOTE Y
Capital letters are optional. Any other type of voting is counted as no vote and will make you eligble for subbing. Spelling errors are subject to oversight. In case of revoting without unvoting the original vote will be the counted vote.
§7b At the end of the day player with highest votes is killed (lynched). If there is a tie, all leading candidates will be killed.
§7c Players will be dead when GM posts the update saying so, until such time happens every player still in game is alive (if barely in the case of vote winners)
§7d Editing vote posts is strictly forbidden.
§7e Discussion of PM numbers is forbidden.
§7f You are not allowed to post screenshots of PMs.
§7g You are not allowed to quote GM PMs.

§8. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at his/her full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE GAME IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE.

§9A. – Trust no one. Especially not the GM.
§9B. - Always Trust the GM.

Last edited:
Roster:
  1. Ironhide G1 as Queen Elsa
  2. aedan777
  3. Daffius
  4. JermanTK
  5. Jacksonian Missionary as Jane Eyre
  6. Rovsea
  7. Enkhuush
  8. Luftwafer as emperor Franz Ferdinand
  9. deathbywombat
  10. AvatarOfKhaine as Lady MacBeth
  11. Arkasas as an extremely amused GM
  12. tonkatoy
  13. Gen. Skobelev
  14. Health as Hirohito
  15. Rendap
  16. Spockyt
  17. Illiria as SnowWhite

Sub:
  1. JermanTK

Living players:
On the last day these players were alive.
  1. Daffius
  2. Rovsea
  3. tonkatoy5
  4. Luftwafer as emperor Franz Ferdinand
  5. Audren as an extremely amused GM
  6. Spockyt
  7. Illiria as SnowWhite

Last edited:
If people dislike the seer changes I can do another setup; though we never tried any of the seer changes proposed in the discussion a while back so I thought why not try it now.

Yes, of course you would create an actual 50% seer after the fiasco from a couple games ago.

In

If people dislike the seer changes I can do another setup; though we never tried any of the seer changes proposed in the discussion a while back so I thought why not try it now.

How does 50% work? Is it a) you get a result but there is a 50% chance that it is an incorrect result OR b) you only get a result 50% of the time?

Yes, of course you would create an actual 50% seer after the fiasco from a couple games ago.

In
I always liked the idea; and it was one of the suggestions on how to make the village less dependent on the seer.

How does 50% work? Is it a) you get a result but there is a 50% chance that it is an incorrect result OR b) you only get a result 50% of the time?
You always get a correct result of course. You just have a 50% chance of no result.
On average there will be 1 scan every night.

I really shouldn't with the big still going but I have too much spare time on my hands these days...
Better watch out your wife doesn't discover you have all that time...
8YahOJf.gif

I will not be around the deadline often. At worst though I can vote from approximately 21 GMT-25 GMT.

Claiming my spot as Princess Queen Elsa.
elsa-frozen-elsa-36875262-959-632.jpg

Last edited:
Wagon... I'm trying to get out of this game until I actually have time again. Don't tempt me with your 50% seers!

SUB. I'll join only if you need me to reach 17 players.

In as Jane Eyre

But I'm not happy about the 50% seer stuff

In. Somehow, this setup was inevitable.

I would prefer a deadline one hour later.

If one of the seers is hunted, does the scanning effectiveness go up to 100%, or remain at 50% for the other seer?

But I'm not happy about the 50% seer stuff
As mentioned if people really dislike it I can change it, but I wanted to try it in practice after all the discussion we had about whether or not it would lead to games where the seer matters less.

I would prefer a deadline one hour later.
Would coincide with the big then. Though I am open for moving the deadline; it cannot be later than the big deadline though. It could also be a :30 deadline if people think that is better. It can also be earlier, but I think earlier would be worse for you Americans which was why I put it at 20.

If one of the seers is hunted, does the scanning effectiveness go up to 100%, or remain at 50% for the other seer?
Stays at 50%.
IN as emperor Franz Ferdinand
You are aware that the emperor is the bad guy?
8YahOJf.gif
Or rather it actually is the extremely superficial princess, but from the point of view of the game it is the emperor.