EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 372006

It's time to start up the next round of the weekly developer multiplayer clash!

View attachment 371998

Yay, more fun, more realizing that the devs suck at the game. More Achemenid Hedgehog themed crazy plans!
However, based on the country picks alone there I have some comments.

God Tier Picks

Portugal - Will ally Castile/Spain and leverage that alliance to quickly conquer morocco and anything he wants in africa and the americas. Expect Portugese Mexico, Portutugese Peru and Portugese Morocco

Scotland - Will ally France and leverage that alliance into becoming great britain, will probably cooperate with Burgundy later on unless personalities intervene. Norway, Holland and/or Frisia needs to intervene quickly or potentially find themselves stuck with HRE levels of AE trying to keep up with Scotland/Britain in development.

Good Starts

Punjab - great ideas, access to great idea sets, even if he's a subject he's got the best position early on to dominate in india.

Hormuz - his part of the map has lots and lots of small countries for him to gobble, with sensible rival choices can possibly leverage an alliance with ottomans, so he cares if the ottomans get contained in the west

Interesting Regions

Baltic - Hamburg, Pommerania, Livonia, Sweden and Norway all have interesting options especially since denmark will go down quickly and muscovy AI never quite manages to finish off novgorod cleanly and quickly. Whoever can ally ai poland will probably win the region, Norway needs to be away once both sweden and norway are independent sweden can eat him at any time, so norway should probably prepare the anti-sweden coalition before he makes a deal with sweden to gain independence together. Sweden and Livonia can take down the russian AIs together, assuming they can cooperate, alternately sweden can cooperate with pommerania to take down livonia. Basically Swedish domination unless somebody can manage to get poland on his side.

Italy/Balkans - Unless the sides fall to squabbling, letting the ottomans kill them all Genoa, Venice, Pope and Hungary should probably start working on a war to defeat the ottomans. Danger her is if somebody doesn't participate, letting the ottomans win or if poland decides that it wants the slovakian gold mine. Naples is a potential spoiler, but will have trouble breaking free from aragon. Italians have more than enough space and if they have good sense they will prosper, if they behave like italians they wont and the AI ottomans and poland and austria and bohemia will kill them all. Safest player, Pope, Most potential Hungary.

India - punjab in the middle and with the most potential. I think india will be decided by if punjap can get his neighbors to avoid the early game gank and instead focus outwards, into perisa, central asia, south india and south east asia.

Comrades - the Revolution starts here! Down with the Tyrants who would see us shackled!

Also found this epic meme linked on EU4 reddit, shoutout to whoever made it

KSOntXS.jpg
Dithmarschen, huh?

I can totally see Norway or Sweden backstab the other in the inevitable independence war :D

I hope the minor union nations will manage to get their independence in the first place.

But instead of an immediate thunderdome in India, I look forward to someone claiming the title "True Lion of the North".

I expect everyone within TI range will no-CB Kaiser Johan on December 11th :D

The AI Emperor would immediately secure military access from Brittany to Korea and start stomping everyone out of the game with its crusade-shaming expeditions into the middle east and beyond, to defend poor little KJ.

But no forming Prussia this time, 'kay?

Kaiser said he was going to form the Bundesrepublik Deutschland so I guess no Prussian monarchy

I don't think Scotland is a good nation this time. A lot of players will want to see France die...

Yeah, but who is going to do it? Burgundy?

Awesome, hardly any break between sessions :)

Portugal and Ethiopia seem to be the most isolated picks, so I'm curious to see what their players will make out of them. Venice and Genoa might be in an interesting place, too, given that there's a lot of player-free turf around the black sea. I wonder if we will see some early coalition against AI Ottomans (HUN might be interested in this, as well), or at least Catholic Constantinople, or if they consider that too risky with the other Italian players around.

It's also quite funny to me that the great Roman Imperator, after being beaten by the Habsburg dynasty, is now considered a German peasant. Oddly fitting. :D Lookin' forward to whatever KJ is going to do with that start, although I'd be particularly happy to see the Peasant Republic going strong until 1821. ;)

I'm calling it now: Blur 1st place trophy, Blur, Blur and Blur will be in a hugbox, Blur and Blur will have a secret alliance, and Blur will be untrustworthy continuously, yet still somehow people will make deals with them.

if ethiopia gets a competent player they will definately have a huge chance to win unless........by any chance did you guys limited victory card spawn to spawn on other playerds only?