• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I am of the opinion that a "mid-game megastructure" misses the point so much as to be almost oxymoronic.
These things are - thematically - supposed to be the crowning achievement of galaxy-spanning hypercivilizations at the apex of their material power. Not pet projects for tinpot solar hegemons in 2300.[...]
I'd argue there is one type of "megastructure" specifically for the mid game: Habitats
...but I understand why it might not be epic enough for everyone.

Still, the new megastructures are gonna be neat. :)

Last edited:
Not so sure.

Because there's nothing inherent in them producing more food, they just need less cities because they have other sources of housing and amenities so they can get more buildings on worlds that are otherwise districted for first tier resource production.
Well, the fact that you have to build farms instead of cities will mean that you'll actually have to stick to these agarian districts, regardless if you need the food or not. What usually happens is that these get dismantled first once you run out of district space to make room for cities.

Also, it means Farms on a Ringworld are probably your best choice. Imagine 100 farmer jobs at late game tech efficiency - that is *a lot* of food.

You don't need to build farms necessarily instead of cities though, because all primary extraction districts have the +1 housing. It's just as likely you'll be able to have just enough farms and more mine and energy districts, and those just enough farms will also contribute to your amenities meaning less slots spent on those.
You will at some point have to, because the techs that grant +housing on cities give +housing on farms instead.

It seems strange to me that Agrarian Idyll also improves mining and generating energy.
I thought it'd be more focused on farming districts (like give -1 housing for every districts except for farmining which get +2)
It's pretty much an anti-urban civic, and you probably don't want to punish a player all too hard for the misfortune of only having 2 F deposits on a planet.

Why no Ringworlds?
Too easy to cheese the cheevo by annexing the Machine FE?
I'd assume every segment would counts as a Megastructure, making the whole thing rather easy.

Man, I'm gonna miss my farms giving me Minerals and Unity.
It is quite a big change, but one for

°_°
The Greater good!
°_°

(= balance)

Last edited:
Will there be an Agrarian equivalent of an Ecumenopolis? One gargantuan multi-layered planet-wide farm.
You can build a Ringworld with 50 Farm Districts. :)

You people are insane, nearby habitable worlds was the non-issue of all non-issues.
I resent all of you for making Wiz waste time on this nonsense.
In fact, it's worse than that - you're making him waste time unbalancing the game. It's not just a waste of time, it's a step backwards.

Nobody 'made me' implement this, and you are not the arbiter of what should and should not go into the game. Knock it off.

:eek: Wow...that planet is remarkable. Fallen empire worlds were good before thanks to the high output buildings but this one produces a giant surplus of every basic resource aside from science and five different unique resources. Belining towards galactic contender and conquering these hedonists seems like a great mid-late game strat.

Some of that is the fallen empire's base country production (which is shown as coming from capital) so you won't get *all* that production, but it's still a lot.

Production total: -3 base resources, 0 advanced resources.

Conclusion: Low habitability planets are not even close to be worth colonizing. Even if we remove maluses from traits.
That screenshot is by no means how your typical early game colony is going to look like.
A low-habitability world has significantly lower return of investment, but that is (usually) still better than nothing.

GIve in to the catgirls, join us, JOIN US!
I think I'll rather stick to my ship girls.

Well now my first game has to be xeno-compatibility egalitarians, make an ecumenopolis, fill it with cats and humans, and once it's suitably populated by cat-girls, it shall be re-christened Nekopolis.
I shall await a most awesome AAR for that. :cool:

best strat seems to be still going tall and wide , as before . but its too soon, to judge .... so yea , we will have to see ...
The new admin cap adds a bit of a twist when it comes to "expansion in moderation" during the early game. Not sure how the late game plays out with super wide empires, but from what I have experienced in the dev clash so far, I think there are decent diminishing returns in place.

Are those criminal jobs producing trade value?
From what I recall from my dev clash situation, criminals (marginally) reduce trade value and require their regular strata upkeep (F/CG).

So how comes that criminals generate trade value on this screenshot?
[...]
Is it a graphical mistake? Or is it a result of crime institualisation of some sort?
My guess: Game detects "this pop has a trade yield effect" -> "I should show the trade yield icon here", but fails to recognize that it is a negative yield. Or it tries to use the correct icon, but it can't find it. A pretty generic bug.

So under Inward Perfection it listed can not have Forced Subjects.

Does that mean we can now extend the offer for them to become a Protectorate (peacefully)?
I doubt it. But someone can send you a request to become your protectorate.

Last edited:
If that is the case, you might want to update the wording on that. Offering Protectorate without the CB to force it through is very specifically not using force. [...]
I am not even sure why it is inconsistent in the first place.
That being said, I'd guess that the dev team has more pressing matters on its hands right now.

So if Pacifist gives bonus stability, I am guessing stability above 50 is some sort of production bonus.

If that is true, do we know what the bonus is at 100 Stability?
Should be +30% to all job yields (and Trade Value?), plus some extra immigration pull - at least that's what I saw on my Habitats last dev clash session.
:cool:

(Non-final numbers are not final.)

Last edited:
2 points for rapid breeders +10% pop growth? That is the same as one level of Xenophobe, or one tech, or the advantage of plentiful food (25% more food consumption for +5% happiness and +10% growth). Can anyone who has played the game comment on that? It seems either not powerful enough, or over priced, at this point.
It is absolutely worth the 2 points. Growth is king amongst modifiers.
If my dev clash empire was more optimized, I'd use Industrious + Rapid Breeders (and two 1 point negatives like Solitary and Sedentary) as my starting traits.