• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Agrarian Idyll changes:

Dq6IWgMWkAAgZwM.jpg

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1057933347874357248

Nice and reasonable. Looking forward to witness idyllistic-slavers builds as a new meta for raw resource production

Agrarian idyllic empires are going to become the breadbaskets of the galaxy. That’s also got potential to disrupt the galactic economy if you burn there worlds.
Agrarian Idyll and Ringworlds seems to make for a nice combo with these new changes.

I don't think that'd work very well- what would the units look like? How do you represent entire armies from wildly different species with wildly different tech?

I'd figure that considering each army unit is to a degree the same thing, you would generalise the imagery and probably put soldiers into full suits (Eg Commandos already have a visual representation based on their tech thumbnail, so they would look like that).

You could maybe design each race type to have a differing image, where the suit design could reflect the ship or race type, but like I said I'm not expecting it to happen as it would be a lot of work for artists - would be nice though.

(And a single unit representing a whole army is not so dissimilar to a single circle with an icon)

An icon representing an army makes more sense than a single type of asset from that army representing it.

Like, armies aren't just little mans. They're also tanks and aircraft and all that stuff.

I would argue that representing armies as a full unit complete with armaments is more artwork intensive than representing it with 'little mans' though. ;)

Not so sure.

Because there's nothing inherent in them producing more food, they just need less cities because they have other sources of housing and amenities so they can get more buildings on worlds that are otherwise districted for first tier resource production.
Well, the fact that you have to build farms instead of cities will mean that you'll actually have to stick to these agarian districts, regardless if you need the food or not. What usually happens is that these get dismantled first once you run out of district space to make room for cities.

Also, it means Farms on a Ringworld are probably your best choice. Imagine 100 farmer jobs at late game tech efficiency - that is *a lot* of food.

Well, the fact that you have to build farms instead of cities will mean that you'll actually have to stick to these agarian districts, regardless if you need the food or not. What usually happens is that these get dismantled first once you run out of district space to make room for cities.

Also, it means Farms on a Ringworld are probably your best choice. Imagine 100 farmer jobs at late game tech efficiency - that is *a lot* of food.

You don't need to build farms necessarily instead of cities though, because all primary extraction districts have the +1 housing. It's just as likely you'll be able to have just enough farms and more mine and energy districts, and those just enough farms will also contribute to your amenities meaning less slots spent on those.

It seems strange to me that Agrarian Idyll also improves mining and generating energy.
I thought it'd be more focused on farming districts (like give -1 housing for every districts except for farmining which get +2)

You don't need to build farms necessarily instead of cities though, because all primary extraction districts have the +1 housing. It's just as likely you'll be able to have just enough farms and more mine and energy districts, and those just enough farms will also contribute to your amenities meaning less slots spent on those.
You will at some point have to, because the techs that grant +housing on cities give +housing on farms instead.

It seems strange to me that Agrarian Idyll also improves mining and generating energy.
I thought it'd be more focused on farming districts (like give -1 housing for every districts except for farmining which get +2)
It's pretty much an anti-urban civic, and you probably don't want to punish a player all too hard for the misfortune of only having 2 F deposits on a planet.

You will at some point have to, because the techs that grant +housing on cities give +housing on farms instead.
How does this work if you switch in and out of the civic? Will you be able to research both the +farm housing and +city housing techs?