• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just checked and there is no such CB in the gamefiles. Even with the 2.1.3 Update. My first guess is a simple rename of the "conquest" Casus Beli, but there might be something more to it.

Isn't hostile takeover used when talking about companies? Perhaps it's a special CB for pacifists or a civic like megacorporation when fulfilling certain conditions?

In any case, it's probably a new Casus Belli for the next version. I imagine with the economy rework, megacorporations might've gotten a tweak or two.

I kinda feel like The Core should be a Gaia world and Boundary should be an Ecumenopolis covered in fortresses.
You should always place defensive buildings on the planet you mostwant to keep. And for most, that is the Capitol.

Plus based on what we saw of those guys, they are propably to lazy to work in Fortesses anyway. They propably leave that to the Robots too. In the dev Stream, teh Soldier was a "Worker" Stratum profession.

Isn't hostile takeover used when talking about companies? Perhaps it's a special CB for pacifists or a civic like megacorporation when fulfilling certain conditions?
I asume Megacorporation. A name like "[something] StarCorp" does sound like a MegaCorp empire, allright. And yes, it fits Economost Lingo:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeover#Hostile

I kinda feel like The Core should be a Gaia world and Boundary should be an Ecumenopolis covered in fortresses.
Why?

Especially considering we don't know the respective strengths/benefits of Gaia worlds vs. Ecumenopolis worlds, I don't see why we should expect that all the Fallen Empires should be using them for their capital. The Fallen Empires getting some distinction is a good thing (especially since Synthetic Dawn took away the Materialist Fallen Empire's ringworlds).

A lot of cool stuff in that stream. I love how the primitive and the fallen societies look on their planets now. Waaay more flavourful than it was on the tile system.
This is new, right? While showing the game off, they used the cheat that gives contact with all the empires in the galaxy, and once they unpaused, it appears all the Corporate Dominions in the galaxy gained a new casus belli against them. Couldn't find any mention of it on the wiki.

View attachment 401925
That's really interesting. Corporate Dominion sounds like it might change a lot more about the empire now.

"Since I failed to show it off on the dev corner stream earlier - here is the colony type labeling system in action!
Dma6usgXgAEyohD.jpg:large

" https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1037722182623866886
0/10 not a habitable barren world
Jokes aside nice.

So, if I heard it right in the stream, they are doing away with the "core world" limit and instead displaying a value in its place that shows you how big and "bloated" your empire is and that number will be used for calculating the tech and unity penalties.
They also said that for that number they count the total amount of districts you have and the amount of systems you control (but they mentioned that might go away, too).

This sounds kinda interesting to me because it might mean that instead of these (in my opinion pretty boring) civics/perks that increase the core world limit we might now get an effect that reduces the empire size penalty which means that will be pretty attractive for especially wide/expansive empires to get.

I dunno if Streams teasers belong here, but here we go, the design corner showed new things:

Primitive Planets have their own primitive buildings that give them unique Jobs (Ship shelter is a bug):

P2R9Hg7.png
JUST Primitive Planets?
Because I kinda really want to be able to implement Radical Space Anarcho-Primitivism intentionally.

iu

So, if I heard it right in the stream, they are doing away with the "core world" limit and instead displaying a value in its place that shows you how big and "bloated" your empire is and that number will be used for calculating the tech and unity penalties.
They also said that for that number they count the total amount of districts you have and the amount of systems you control (but they mentioned that might go away, too).

This sounds kinda interesting to me because it might mean that instead of these (in my opinion pretty boring) civics/perks that increase the core world limit we might now get an effect that reduces the empire size penalty which means that will be pretty attractive for especially wide/expansive empires to get.

Personally, I'm disappointed. I still think the (assumed) original idea for sectors was just great. A mid-game in which your empire is populated with fractious, larger-than-life personalities and political movements sounds like a fantastic game.

Personally, I'm disappointed. I still think the (assumed) original idea for sectors was just great. A mid-game in which your empire is populated with fractious, larger-than-life personalities and political movements sounds like a fantastic game.
Agreed, but then again I think it was literally only me and you who ever thought like this. A constituency of two is not a large constituency, no matter how #aesthetic it is.

Also I'm as concerned with the one-step-forwards-two-steps-back micro this represents, rather than just being bummed out at this final betrayal of the "CK2 in space" marketing. Sad as it is that I'll never see the Duke of Outer Saggitarius declare a Black Crusade Revolt for the Eater of Worlds, the implication that I'll be forced to personally manage 300 planets by hand is worse.

But sectors will still exist. Wiz confirmed that in a reply to one of the dev diaries. They will just work differently and apparently be optional.

That's kind of my point. The original idea was, as @Oscot noted, Crusader Kings 2 in space. That was an excellent plan because (among other reasons) science fiction is all about people. For all the gee whiz factor, we don't get into this stuff for the ships and metal and technobabble. We follow space operas for Starbuck, Reynolds, Sisko, Atreides, Leia and (perhaps most of all) Vader.

What really makes the Millenial Falcon cool is its crew, and what made the Borg so terrifying was their absence of any individuality in a show and genre dedicated entirely to its abundance.

So I really liked the idea of sectors and leaders with grand personalities and stories to tell. Managing not just my empire, but its component parts, with all of the drama that entails sounds just fantastic. Especially since (as we saw in CKII) it's clearly a formula that can work.

With sectors being relegated to an optional, now pretty much vestigal, micromanagement tool that seemingly won't happen. Which strikes me as a shame and a missed opportunity.

The problem about making stellaris focused on people is that the time scale is just a little too fast for it. People just die too fast for it to be possible to really become CK2 in space.
I think there's still hope though. Wiz mentioned wanting to rework the feudal civic, we now (hopefully) have better rebellions and crime and sectors are also still there. So more politically independent sectors might still be a possibility.
If they're really getting rid of the core world limit then I assume sectors might reduce the big empire penalties at the cost of less autonomy. Although maybe it's the opposite and we have less big empire penalty without sectors, but in turn get more stability problems and possible rebellions?

The problem about making stellaris focused on people is that the time scale is just a little too fast for it. People just die too fast for it to be possible to really become CK2 in space.
The default trigger time for the endgame crisis is 2400.
Being unreasonably pessimistic and saying it takes 100 years to defeat, this gives a "Typical game end date" of 2500, and therefore an overall game time scale of 300 years.
The game time scale of a CK2 Charlemange game is 683 years, and most of your characters die of dysentery at 42 rather than getting gene-resequenced to live to 312.

...so no.