• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DmVg9jMX0AIpzxq.jpg

"Just a quick look at Rogue Servitors in the Le Guin update."

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1037342069403078656
In 2.2, rogue servitors AI will learn how grow their bio-trophies pops? In current version they never grow their primary bio-trophies pops.

And my guess is that bio-trophies also will have much smaller housing demands.

If I remember correctly, the rogue servitors fluff says that they house organics in efficient places.
They could go the other way and make bio-trophies have a higher housing requirement than average, they are supposed to be living in imposed luxury after all. I'm thinking that might make for an interesting balancing act between the bio-trophy bonus and number of productive pops. Or maybe not.

Yeah, I think the notoriously pampered bio trophies should cost more housing.

(Frankly, I think the multi-pop empires like servitors and syncretics are going to be much more playable in 2.2 now you don't have to fiddle with tiles, that's the main reason I don't use them).

You can have prisoners take up menial tasks instead of hiring cleaners. (Instead of cleaners they'd be entertainers for both the guards and themselves with sanctioned fights)
You need to play a bit Prision Architect. Particular the Contraband view. Letting Prisioners get access to highly toxic and acidic cleaning agents is not a good idea.

If you think you can somehow manage a prision planet without any guards on the ground, you are plain wrong. Especially if the Drones/Slaves are mind stapeled.

No date yet.

Our best guess puts a rushed release at around Christmas.
Please no, especially not before Christmas' leave. Everytime we get a patch before a holiday it's a mess and they can't fix it since they aren't at work

They can grow, you just have to switch the pop to allow grow in species rights.
Yeah, the issue is that the AI doesn't do that.

DmVg9jMX0AIpzxq.jpg

"Just a quick look at Rogue Servitors in the Le Guin update."

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1037342069403078656
No one here noted yet that apparently even robots need to have food to create luxury goods. I thought luxury goods were just items, but looks like they're also fancy food like cakes.

Oh nice, I just noticed that the bio trophy icon with the sapling in the hand is probably also a wall-e reference.

I note with amusement that there is 1% crime in this Rogue Servitor society.
Unscrupulous AI subroutines cutting the chain-link fences around the Trophy Reservations in the middle of the night, to smuggle in those deviant, over-enthusiastic servitors who'll pay top dollar to hug humans in excess of their allotted time? BAN THIS SICK FILTH

Regarding Bio-Trophy reservations; presumably their Mandatory Papmering status will be accounted for in terms of luxury consumption.
On the housing front I could believe that they live either in Hong-Kong-skyscraper-condominium-style High Density Party Arcologies or Asimov-Spacer-style There Are Only 10,000 People On This Entire Planet Because Everyone Has A Personal Garden The Size Of Nicaragua.

While this didn't grab my attention in the previous machine empire posts, looking back I see that it was in there: that machine empires basically only have 2 jobs, menial and complex, with complex producing all the research, unity, alloys, luxuries, amenities...
This seems like a bit of a blunt instrument. I mean, tile micro does need to be blunted, but when we're hopping in one update from "Having seven different Soc-producing buildings to choose from" to "Not being able to distinguish between research and unity production", it feels like a happy medium has been missed somewhere.

EDIT: Disregard, I am retard

No one here noted yet that apparently even robots need to have food to create luxury goods.
Food has always been needed to create luxury goods.
But (with the exception of Rogue Servitors) Gestalts don't produce or use luxury goods so the question doesn't come up.

Last edited:
While this didn't grab my attention in the previous machine empire posts, looking back I see that it was in there: that machine empires basically only have 2 jobs, menial and complex, with complex producing all the research, unity, alloys, luxuries, amenities...
This seems like a bit of a blunt instrument. I mean, tile micro does need to be blunted, but when we're hopping in one update from "Having seven different Soc-producing buildings to choose from" to "Not being able to distinguish between research and unity production", it feels like a happy medium has been missed somewhere.
Those are strata, not jobs. Those lists are collapsed so you don't see the jobs. In the picture you linked there you can see there's one robot selected who has the "replicator" job.

No one here noted yet that apparently even robots need to have food to create luxury goods. I thought luxury goods were just items, but looks like they're also fancy food like cakes.

Oh nice, I just noticed that the bio trophy icon with the sapling in the hand is probably also a wall-e reference.
These robots are rogue servitors, that might be why they still use food

I note with amusement that there is 1% crime in this Rogue Servitor society.
Unscrupulous AI subroutines cutting the chain-link fences around the Trophy Reservations in the middle of the night, to smuggle in those deviant, over-enthusiastic servitors who'll pay top dollar to hug humans in excess of their allotted time? BAN THIS SICK FILTH

Actually, that 1% crime is from the Bio-Trophies. So someone getting their friend to swipe them in and getting more hugs than allowed, or pretending to drop their ice-cream cone to get a second one. Tsk Tsk.

The 1% crime for Servitors could also just be the gestalt version of 'crime' that hasn't been implemented yet. Or it could be bio-trophies misbehaving and having some naughty thoughts about self-determination or something like that.

I also like that they use food to make luxury goods. We have robot nobles, and now robot gourmet chefs.

Yeah, the issue is that the AI doesn't do that.
Because the Biotrophies and Drones compete for limited Tile real estate. And trying to manage that via Species rights alone would be insane.

That is no longer the case in 2.2. No limited tile Real Estate. And I asume there is some kind of cap on #of Biotrophy jobs/planet.

Actually, that 1% crime is from the Bio-Trophies. So someone getting their friend to swipe them in and getting more hugs than allowed, or pretending to drop their ice-cream cone to get a second one. Tsk Tsk.

The 1% crime for Servitors could also just be the gestalt version of 'crime' that hasn't been implemented yet. Or it could be bio-trophies misbehaving and having some naughty thoughts about self-determination or something like that.
Rule as told thus far: "Only pops with 100% Happiness do not produce any crime".
We see a average Happiness of 90% on the planet.
The drones (not having any Happiness score) are excluded from both calculations, so that has to be the Biotrophies. And 1% is pretty much irrelevant.

Because the Biotrophies and Drones compete for limited Tile real estate. And trying to manage that via Species rights alone would be insane.

That is no longer the case in 2.2. No limited tile Real Estate. And I asume there is some kind of cap on #of Biotrophy jobs/planet.
And I called it again:
Servitors have Organic Sanctuary buildings that provide housing and are needed to get a good unity yield from your bio-trophies. So while they don't have strictly separate housing mechanically, thematically they do.

Biotrophies are a "job". So the count per planet is limited by things other then housing. That means the AI finally will get to use it effectively.