EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
you mean, you would have a lot of players all agreeing at once that your sudden demise is of utmost importance if you try anything? :p

Well, if you make deals with half the people, you can strong arm the other half to the benefit of the other half too right?

And then they abandonded you when the polish and Ottos came knocking... o_O

We did not abandoned him. I surrendered against Austria, got beaten up, took debts, hired mercs and went there to help (not a big help, indeed). It was my fault in the first place and so I it was my duty to intervene in favor of the Bastion of Christianity.

Pretty sure this is how it went right?

Io9rxj2.png

Rumor has it an player from times distant past will be joining the dev clash next session, which could spice things up... I suspect most of you won't remember him though.

I'm not sure many players have engaged the new/old timer in diplomacy yet, but he could certainly impact the current diplomatic landscape in Europe quite heavily.

Also, you're not thinking far enough back.

Hmmmmm... now who do we know played in Devclashes long gone by and has been conspicuously absent so far? Could it be that we will be witnessing the return of Chris to the Devclash arena for the first time since before the devclashes were even streamed?

Also, those blue units raised some eyebrows... Gurkhas perhaps? Maybe recruitable by nations with land in or around the Himalayas as a sort of mercenary with bonus discipline and shock?

Finally, will Indian cavalry unit pips be altered to reflect their mighty new steeds?

Only the future (or interpreting devbanter) will answer these questions.

I'm not sure many players have engaged the new/old timer in diplomacy yet, but he could certainly impact the current diplomatic landscape in Europe quite heavily.

Also, you're not thinking far enough back.

Grekulf or Yonaz? I remember them, together with Wiz and Forza as the best players of earlier devclashes

I was thinking grekulf as well (he was always a dangerous military leader) and I remember yonaz doing quite well as Russia I think it was in an early dev clash

If we didn't have Carsten last session I would have said him because he and Wiz ruled the roost back in the day

I was thinking grekulf as well (he was always a dangerous military leader) and I remember yonaz doing quite well as Russia I think it was in an early dev clash

If we didn't have Carsten last session I would have said him because he and Wiz ruled the roost back in the day
I still remember grekulf's Burgundy in that legendary Fritaly dev clash; it'd be nice to see him back.

Summing up North German diplomacy:
UyLyvt7.png

Here's hoping Blondie can more or less follow in Wiz' footsteps as Ethiopia. Blondie has a session more and weaker nations as opponents to pull it off. Unfortunately no Groogy shield.

I've checked out the save file and let me just say that things keep going in ways I have not been able to forsee in my practice runs. Beginning of the next session is going to be Hectic of the Sons of Solomon

I have not seen the session yet but the preview video was kind of jarring in how unbalanced the starting nations where. You had a player Sweden, Hungary, Venice, burgundy and other relatively big nations and then multiple players stuck in under 20 dev nations with some in the single digits. I do question why Sweden was allowed as a player nation given their national idea set and the lack of big nations to deal with them.

Almost everyone in this clash got to pick their own countries (only people who didn't were those who picked nations that were too far away). So everyone that picked a tiny nation did so knowing that there could be a big powerhouse nearby. For the record, I like this way of choosing nations.

His Excellency Zara Yakob Solomonid, First of his name, Negusa Nagast of the Ethiopian Empire, Heir to Solomon, declares that the true Pope whose seat is in Alexandria shall return home! The insolence of the Mamlukean dogs will be tolerated no longer!

I've checked out the save file and let me just say that things keep going in ways I have not been able to forsee in my practice runs. Beginning of the next session is going to be Hectic of the Sons of Solomon

Almost everyone in this clash got to pick their own countries (only people who didn't were those who picked nations that were too far away). So everyone that picked a tiny nation did so knowing that there could be a big powerhouse nearby. For the record, I like this way of choosing nations.

I think everyone picked small nations in europe thinking everyone else was gonna play in the India - turns out it was quite a big mistake :D

Court of Mandu - The City of Joy & Pleasure - Home of the Khalji Sultans
In 30 years Mahmud Khalji had tirelessly worked to realize his plan for the expansion of the Malwa Sultanate. The plateau itself was now a far richer and more populous place, with the ancient central city of Ujjain growing to become the largest city in the world. A beacon of Malvi and Rajput culture, Khalji patronage and a model city for the new state being built by Mahmud Khalji.
While Malwa was, and remained, a Muslim state, the Malwa sultanate had become the major leader of the North Indian Rajput houses. Rival powers such as the Sisodiya kingdom of Mewar had been crushed in the years prior, and the mighty fortress of Chittorgarh torn down stone by stone. At the same time Rajputs were now one of the most influential groups within the Sultanate itself. Most military appointments were in the hands of the Rajput houses and even many government appointments. Balancing the needs of the Muslim Amirs and the Rajput nobles could become troublesome eventually, but Mahmud Khalji's success had shown the world that it could be done.
Mending the old rivalry with Gujarat had in many ways been instrumental to the success of Mahmud, and by now both countries had emerged as dominant powers in central India. The downfall of the Bahmani Sultanate a few years prior had made this evident to all.
The Sultanate was now in control of almost the entire trade route between the Doab in the north and the southern trade ports in Deccan. The old forts of Gwalior and Ranthambore in Malvi hands any Delhian traders wishing to reach the Hajj ports in Gujarat or the Tamil lands now had to pay tolls. Perhaps most appetizing of all conquests however were the Diamond mines of Golconda in the south. Ensuring that no other power on earth had access to the precious stones of the calibre that the Khalji court did. Together with the great Opium fields of the Malwa plateau itself it did much for the country's reputation as a source of all expensive things.
Of course, with this southern lifeline secured the lush northern plain around the Ganges and Yamuna looked even more inviting...

a07d7979dbc015d99b07d5b3e4601c83.jpg

At 56 Mahmud Khalji was happy, but still hungry.

I really wish I hadn't written the first post in past tense but I guess I have to roll with it now :(