EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fun stream, a little bit more attention on Asia would have been nice, especially the big Vijayanagar gangbang. And nice one AI Jaunpur for sniping Delhi!

As usual, I come a bit late after having watched the replay. That's all I expected from the first session of that small countries run. A lot of actions and fails, some unexpected countries rising to power, but noone being really safe until now. Hungary was by far the strongest country but it's the one that suffered the most (besides the two relocated ones), and I for once am glad that someone misplayed, as that evens the field.
There is still a lot of confusion on who will be a major power, so we can't comment much on the dynamic of the game. It still seems to me Hormuz and Ethioppia are in the best position, especially if they can work together to some extent. Hormuz should be able to ally the Ottomans if they're still Sunni.

We've had leaks of the content of a good 5 diaries or so, which was also very interesting. As expected, development can now increase with some kind of internal colonization mechanics, there is a new terrain type (rainforest?), edicts will be revamped and there is a special unit to India. New things in the ledger too apparently.

While Venice isn't the smallest nation on the map I gotta say I am really enjoying these more humble starts!

Also I can't fuckin believe I did a Zeke™ and picked a damn humiliate CB against Byz.....

While Venice isn't the smallest nation on the map I gotta say I am really enjoying these more humble starts!

Also I can't fuckin believe I did a Zeke™ and picked a damn humiliate CB against Byz.....

Vassalizing Byz is a baller move as Venice/Genoa :)

I also enjoy the smaller starts more (so far atleast) even though first session was mostly sitting on my hands.

Tell me there is an achievement for that tag, it seems almost as fun as Hisn Kayfa :D.

Now that we know that we have (at least) three fantastic commentators I kindly ask demand that at least one of you is playing in a "team commentator" nation, possibly switching player each week! ;)

@Bratyn: Your (old) intro with Da9L's tears is so fitting for this clash as well...

New things in the ledger too apparently.
If you mean that score through the ages thing then that has existed for a few patches.

I did not enjoy the smaller start, five test games and the actual stream itself, all the same outcome.. I died :(

The important part is that we enjoyed it :D

Here's hoping Blondie can more or less follow in Wiz' footsteps as Ethiopia. Blondie has a session more and weaker nations as opponents to pull it off. Unfortunately no Groogy shield.

If you mean that score through the ages thing then that has existed for a few patches.
No, I say that because Groogy reminded Jake to be careful when checking the ledger, and Jake cautiously only opened the country submenu. Likely because there is something more in army, for instance.

No, I say that because Groogy reminded Jake to be careful when checking the ledger, and Jake cautiously only opened the country submenu. Likely because there is something more in army, for instance.
Oh

I think Johan, as always took his chances and thought as Jake and Groogy did, that the Ottomans would be too busy consolidating Anatolia. I must admit myself that I thought it was a weird move from the AI to go for Hungary so early on. But then again, it was very weakened. He should be thankful that he even managed to survive that Poland invasion, which I still don't know how he did it .

Ottomans most likely attacked Serbia, which was Johan's vassal. Which explains why the Ottomans took over Serbia instead of eastern Hungary.
Which is a logical railroad for them to be on, according to their missions.
Still wondering why Genoa, Venice and Hungary didn't try taking down Ottomans right from the start together.

I am also surprised that people like Da9L get killed for such strange reasons as "then they got a double PU as I declared war".
Now I have only played like 1.100 hours, but that never seems to happen to me in single player. Perhaps because I can pause the game when they can't.

Normally I cheer for Daniel as my favorite underdog who brings the fight, but this time I am supporting Bratyn.
Go Dutch!
Ik zal handhaven de deugd en adeldom
Ik zal handhaven de hoogheid van mijn naam
Ik zal handhaven de eer, het geloof en de wet
van God, van de Koning, van mijn vrienden en mij

I am also surprised that people like Da9L get killed for such strange reasons as "then they got a double PU as I declared war".

Unbelieveable bad luck; but I have been on the opposite end of this - obtained a completely unexpected powerful PU just as I entered an important war. So it can happen!

Nice session for Malwa and Gujarat I would say. :)
Also very lucky to get a notification from my spy network that Bahmanis was about to attack VJ just as we were about to declare our war on them. Two months later Bahmanis found themselves in a war on many fronts.

I have not seen the session yet but the preview video was kind of jarring in how unbalanced the starting nations where. You had a player Sweden, Hungary, Venice, burgundy and other relatively big nations and then multiple players stuck in under 20 dev nations with some in the single digits. I do question why Sweden was allowed as a player nation given their national idea set and the lack of big nations to deal with them.

Wow! Great game! As someone else said, I think it is great nation-placement

But who will become Reformed in the next session??? This is the most important thing

I have not seen the session yet but the preview video was kind of jarring in how unbalanced the starting nations where. You had a player Sweden, Hungary, Venice, burgundy and other relatively big nations and then multiple players stuck in under 20 dev nations with some in the single digits. I do question why Sweden was allowed as a player nation given their national idea set and the lack of big nations to deal with them.

Previous performance and 'skill' of the players was taken into account when the nations were assigned. Judging by the first session this has made it more interesting than watching the more experienced players steamroll everyone and everyone else trying to put themselves in a position to not die.