• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BB is now just a means to an end
Exhaustion is the mortal toil that the Transylvanians live under...mothers sending their sons to die in foreign lands, or coming home crippled and spent.

Still, Range shouldn't be considered a warmonger...crickets...

Never the less, you're sort of right...all these wars are exhausting for me as well...my next ARR will deal with less war...leaning heavily on a more historical tale. More than likely without Range.

As for Transylvania...I have to ask the ultimate question...Can't we all learn to live together...the Transylvanian way?

As for the next post...yes, another war.

Still, I have to repeat myself in saying Range shouldn't be considered a warmonger...crickets...

Last edited:
TRANSYLVANIA

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 90

vnpa9h.jpg

5nu2hz.jpg

2dl16p3.jpg

atvuoy.jpg

Two and a half years had come and gone...and, no sooner had these wars ended...another war began. Range wanted to go home. He had his fill of war, and he hadn't seen his babies...not that they were babies anymore. But, the more he protested about the wars...all the more the world took it as a sign of weakness by Transylvania. Soon, it appeared the entire world was lining up to take a whack at Transylvania.

Last edited:
And so ye reap what ye have sown...

Does time really exist...or, its something we proposed so we mark when something happens. My thought is time is relevent to where you are and past, present and future exist side by side. In Range's case, history seems to be representing itself.

Does time really exist...or, its something we proposed so we mark when something happens. My thought is time is relevent to where you are and past, present and future exist side by side. In Range's case, history seems to be representing itself.

Deep thoughts...
Unfortunately my grasp of temporal mechanics is limited but this sounds very much like the whole "if a tree falls in the forest..."
while, human perception of time (and space) can be altered by our big brains it is only the preception not the reality.

A great pity that Range is being kept from finally meeting his children, but at least they will know, in time, that he is busy attempting to make the world a better and safer place for them both. Or at the very least, he's defeating some nations which declare war due to his earlier warmongering!

A great pity that Range is being kept from finally meeting his children, but at least they will know, in time, that he is busy attempting to make the world a better and safer place for them both. Or at the very least, he's defeating some nations which declare war due to his earlier warmongering!

Safer in the way of the old saw..."We had to burn the village down to save it"???

Deep thoughts...
Unfortunately my grasp of temporal mechanics is limited but this sounds very much like the whole "if a tree falls in the forest..."
while, human perception of time (and space) can be altered by our big brains it is only the preception not the reality.

Ouch...my brain hurts.

I can't see him getting back in time...but, who knows.

Safer in the way of the old saw..."We had to burn the village down to save it"???

And, then we chased the people away to keep them from getting burned.

On the bad side...the pc is down...crash...boom...blue smoke...where are the three stooges when you need them?

Ouch...my brain hurts.
Feel the burn, feel the burn...
I can't see him getting back in time...but, who knows.
Well if anyone knows...I'd guess it'd be hmmmm...you
And, then we chased the people away to keep them from getting burned.
Some yes and some, well not so much
On the bad side...the pc is down...crash...boom...blue smoke...where are the three stooges when you need them?

Vegas baby...Vegas

I can't feel my brain.

TRANSYLVANIA

(Please excuse the poor report in this post - I didn't think I could get the pc up and running at all. So, the old unit is more than likely on borrowed time.)

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 90

Although Range wanted to end his military career, he had become aware of the Japanese slowly creeping westward. “We better put them in their place before they think they can rule the world.”

Japan had already taken half of Brunei. So, Range declared war on Brunei (if only to safeguard what was left of the Brunei kingdom).

Going to war also meant their allies also lined up against Transylvania.

168aq9f.jpg

wk1x1x.jpg

Of course neither Brunei, or Persia were the real objective. “Prepare for war!”

14ccvg2.jpg

Of course, Japan then did the ultimate stupid move…

256dbv9.jpg

As Alina awaited for Range’s return, the Catholic Church was still hard at work.

rm7dxs.jpg

Last edited:
TRANSLYVANIA

(There are ten screenshots in this post)

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 91

Range awoke from a terrible nightmare…if it was a nightmare. In the dark dream, reality held a strange truth of what was to come true. Oda showed up to ask Range whether, or not he intended on joining on the journey. Range of course in answering, frankly asked, “Have you lost your marbles?”

With that, Range broke clear of his dream state. Oda’s next words were heard to echo as if he was moving off…his words becoming shallow, soon to fade away, “One way or another, you’ll join me.”

The next day Range, and Transylvania declared war on Japan.

359hfzs.jpg

(Okinawa) 13

The stage was being set.

2qxm6ft.jpg

The players were known…

15qu9e8.jpg

Over 1800 regiments…and the country is still prosperous.

In the early morning hours Ming felt confident of victory…

2eme8tw.jpg

But, that belief quickly faded as Ming was routed.

fbgb6e.jpg

Japan faired no better.

vyuxwm.jpg

Portugal saw the writing on the wall. But, Range wasn’t after Portugal

szyj5w.jpg

Ming also had enough. But, Range wasn’t after Ming.

Range was after Japan.

1yv4ub.jpg

But, on the way of taking Japan to task, Russia got in the way.

2vj7dqg.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED:

TRANSLYVANIA

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 92

Many years had past since the twins, Erin and Richard were born. Sadly they had never seen Range their father; no sooner than one war ended another began. Of course not knowing their father first hand they did have questions about him “What’s father like, Erin would ask. Alina’s reply was always the same. “He’s a dashing sort of fellow… fearless and bold…but, fair to the weak…but, let no ma stare him down, or do harm to his family or a friend he would lash out against the attacker.”

“And, mother, when are we going to see your world?” Richard would ask.

On one particular day Richard’s question was answered by a close friend that had been missing since the beginning of General Lazir’s trial. “I can answer that one question, master Richard,” said Sir Farly. “You can leave at any time. However the question remains just where is the world of a time travelers?” He then wheeled about to Alina. “How are you doing my friend?” He soon gave a kiss on the cheek.

2crw0hi.jpg

“Where in the world have you disappeared to…another journey I suppose?” Forgetting her manners then turned to the children, beginning to introduce her friend to them.

“NO need to introduce me to them, I have never forgotten them, “he said with wide smile.

“No so,” replied Sir Farly. “You see they are the very children that Range had with what’s her name. You see all that was lost has been restored…” He then turned troubled.

“And, Range?” Alina then had the kids go off before she continued. “Do you know what has become of him?”

“That’s just it…he’s utterly disappeared again as when he was married to Oma.”

“Like you…you too disappeared?”

Sir Farly paused for a moment before replying. “No…my disappearance was more for vanity sake.” He then handed Alina a slip of paper that appeared to have been torn from a book.

“Are these notes from Colonel Becker’s memoirs? Alina asked.

“No,” replied Sir Farly. “They are from the original manuscript. I stole them so they would be printed. I suppose he’s quite angry about the missing page.”

“But, why?” She asked with a giggle.

“Just read the highlighted paragraphs.”

A moment later, after reading the paragraph she broke out in a hardy laugh.”

“He refers to me as Range’s sidekick.” Sir Farly had turned very indigent. “…as if I’m a dumpy, unkept individual, who’s only purpose in life is do others bidding…always getting in trouble…taken prisoner…and, rescued at the last possible moment…”

Alina then broke into a hardy laugh.

2ezjiue.jpg

“What…you believe you believe it, too?

“No at all…but, you must be honest, Alexander. You do have the knack of getting into mischief…you did get thrown into the Tower of London.’

“Yes, but it was all Range’s fault.”

“Of course…you were only doing Range’s bidding…thank God he came to your rescue at the last possible moment.”

Sir Farly then paused to reflect, before looking down at what he was wearing. He gasped. “It’s true…LOOK AT What I have become…a sidekick.”

Half way around the world, the war against Japan was drawing to an end.

9id5qg.jpg

15496ye.jpg

28ix6a1.jpg

All Range wanted to do was to get back to Alina.

Last edited:
TRANSYLVANIA

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 93

2ezjiue.jpg

Sir Farly explained that Range and him were time travelers. Unlike Alina, they didn’t need any contraption to travel through time…all time was open to them. As to the question why Range never said anything to Alina, Farly answered, “Range has been cut adrift by the regents…due to his continued interference with you mortals. The penalty for this crime is his control of where he goes and the memory of what and who he is.”

“They could have as easily sat him down and kept him from traveling,” said Alina before considering her own thought. “Of course…then, how can you tame, or control anything that is so free.” She had become sadden as the realization took hold that she could never hope to keep Range.

“He loves you…you do know that.”

“I also know now he can never change…settle down.” Alina then stared into Sir Farly’s eyes, and by what she saw within those caused fear to take hold. “There’s something else…something you’re not telling me?”

“The regents thought it best you know what Range was. But, there is another reason why I’ve come.” Sir Farly hedged for a moment before explaining, “Normally, the regents are able to track each one of us…that way they know what we are up to and where we are. But, for some reason they are losing the ability to track Range. My dear, evil is afoot. His very vitals are being altered, by which is interfering with the regents ability to track Range. Somehow, someone, or something has a hold on him. That’s why I’ve come to bring him back with me before he disappears for good.”

“Oda?”

“Oda was once a very powerful regent until he was cast off for his crimes of controlling time travelers, and lost souls from different eras...whisking them off to do his bidding as if they were mere toys.”

“Certainly not Range…”

“In his state of mind…he is defenseless to combat the controls of someone like Oda. Range doesn’t know who, or what he is, or what he’s up against.”

“Then, why come to me?”

“You my dear are our focal point…a spot on time in which to locate Range. But, now it would appear there is another we are able to hone in on. For now that news will be kept secret. I have a more urgent matter to attend to. I have to leave immediately to find Range…by boat of course.”

“There is no time to lose…my friend. Will I ever see you again?”

“Oh, my yes…I dare say will see me popping up more frequently.”

In departing, Sir Farly told Alina that one of the twins was half time traveler; a possibility that the regents could only suspect until now.

2q3nih1.jpg

Range awoke with a cold sweat. “Captain…prepare for war!”

“Against whom, Marshall Range?”

“Anyone that is allied with Japan,” replied Range.

9hnyvq.jpg

34o7z8l.jpg

Again it wasn’t Japan’s allies Range was after, but Japan itself. Regardless, of the fact that Transylvania had just fought and defeated Japan days before, Japan was dragged into another war with Transylvania because range had declared war on one of Japan’s allies.

16aebo3.jpg

One by one Japan’s allies began to fall…paying for their alliance with Japan.

eiqzxc.jpg

In the end only Ming and Japan was left.

zmhbix.jpg

And, Ming couldn’t hold out for long.

23tfuzc.jpg

It was Japan that Range was after.

Transylvania

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 94

15eyc6d.jpg

This was the map of the world on 21 July 1819.

One month after Japan had surrendered, Transylvania pulled Japan back into another conflict by declaring war on Korea another of Japan’s allies.

But, this time…Great Britain could no longer stand on the sidelines and do nothing but protest…

ve6ql3.jpg

24burzt.jpg

The question had to be asked “when will all this madness end?” Range’s hatred for Japan appeared to have no limits.

Great Britain, Scandinavia and the other nations didn’t stand a chance. Their troops were being slaughtered with every battle engagement.

qpeywh.jpg

2ezjiue.jpg

Sir Farly found Range fighting the Japanese in their capital city of Kyoto. Range appeared exhausted, but his eyes burned with hate. “You my friend must put an end to this…your family needs you.”

After hours of arguing with Sir Farly, Range finally agreed to end all hostilities. Range then asked his good friend to go the British and tell them that Transylvania is offering a white peace.

Sir Farly agreed, but something was telling him that this might be the last time he was going to see Range.

In October 1820, the war came to an end…the world’s borders of 21 July 1819 were restored (see world map above). Range and Transylvania took no provinces as a white peace was agreed on by all nations fighting against Transylvania in this last war.

It was 1 January 1821...normally, it was time to go home…the journey had run its full course…but, where was Range?

Last edited: