• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And another brilliant chapter in Range's adventures with Transylvania closes. Keep up the good work. :D

And another brilliant chapter in Range's adventures with Transylvania closes. Keep up the good work. :D

Thank you very much. I really appreciate that, my friend.

TRANSYLVANIA

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 86

After spending over a month defending General Lazir, Range wanted to go as far away from Munich as possible without leaving the continent. So, he and Alina went off on a
holiday in the south of Spain and walked right into a war.

“If Spain wants war, lets show them our steel,” said Range as he prepared his armies for war. “We’ll have our second honeymoon in Tangiers.”

“If I recall correctly…we actually didn’t have a first honeymoon,” Alina reminded Range. “But, I’d rather vacation in Granada if you don’t mind.”

Transylvania, although spread out…had a huge army and with their vassals…their combined forces ranged over a million and a half at the start of the war.

2ezi4ig.jpg

Russia entered the war on the side of Spain…a move they regret…and, regret and regret.

2ppbwk8.jpg

Well, that’s their initial regret…but, there will be more. Range has a long memory.

nvabl0.jpg

“Granada, it is then.”

j8fas7.jpg

“How about vacationing on a island we own?”

1t3adx.jpg

Transylvanian forces now have reached over 1,500,000 troops…and, even though normally a country would have a support limit of about 930 regiments without incurring penalties. Of course…Transylvania doesn’t have to worry about that.

jkew08.jpg

Last edited:
I've fallen behind reading this AAR, what with exams, but I managed to read the last 2 updates there. I think I may have missed some, but I have to say the trial was very well done. Range proves his intelligence yet again. The start of his Spanish ambition is pretty impressive; hemming in France perhaps?

I've fallen behind reading this AAR, what with exams, but I managed to read the last 2 updates there. I think I may have missed some, but I have to say the trial was very well done. Range proves his intelligence yet again. The start of his Spanish ambition is pretty impressive; hemming in France perhaps?

Thank you my friend. The trial was a lot longer than I intended...but, I kept getting ideas on the case. And, you're right...keeping France at bay is really important. But, perhaps, in a very short time there's another foe that will be put in their place...look to the east.

But, I still have to do a closure post regarding the trial...maybe in a newspaper account of the findings...I would have done it in this post...but, I needed to go to war...if only to change the pace. Otherwise...why have such a large army?

wow that's some army...
nice to see it gets out for a turn or two

Yeah...it took some time...with the trial and all. But, now there's nothing but war...war and more war over the next couple of years...despite having already gone far past the bad boy high water mark.

Of course there will be some intrigue. The intrigue is for me. I like intrigue.

Expansion through war is fun, but I feel there has to be a reason to go war...revenge...or, just to put someone in their place keeping with the true order of the world...the Transylvanian world order...from a lowly vassal to a major power in the world...I sure wish I had that first fifty years of being vassal back...where Transylvania did nothing.

Last edited:
Wow that's a lot of soldiers! I almost feel sorry for the French. :D

Wow that's a lot of soldiers! I almost feel sorry for the French. :D

I wonder if I might not...move to the east...southeast to be exact...up to this point I've never really taken them on.

War, war never changes...
But with Range and the Transylvanian military machine to keep people in their place the world is a...interesting place

RANGE: I'm a peaceful sort...but don't rattle my cage.

TRANSYLVANIA

ENTRY 87

dz7yvo.jpg

Shortly after the war…Range sat down to read an old newspaper. It was the Munich Herald. In this edition of the Herald, Martin ran the final account of the General Lazir military trial.

280rxx3.jpg

Martin

35ndh12.jpg

Due to Martin’s goal to write news that was fit to be printed…the Munich Herald in time became one of the most read daily newspapers throughout the world.

Range was all set to read the details of the battle when a courier arrived. Scandinavia had sent a warning to Transylvania…not to go to war. Range roared, “can they be so stupid!”

2m862vt.jpg

Transylvania couldn’t go right out and declare war against Scandinavia…it was too soon to go to war against them. If Transylvania declared war on them, they would break the truce. So, the nation had to draw Scandinavia into a war.

3bl89.jpg

“That was easy.”

Range settled for peace with Sibir, taking 125 ducats. He felt sort of sour in having to take them to task, but they did fight.

e9yumx.jpg

“I hope you learned your lesson…”

2pq0r2h.jpg

The new Transylvania.

Last edited:
“I hope you learned your lesson…”
somehow I doubt it...
but time's running down for Range's sojourn intime

You'll be surprise how much war can take place in such a short time.

TRANSYLVANIA

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 88

65x1n5.jpg

Majapahit fell two months later.

j08kjn.jpg

I wonder how many can tell me where Majapahit is…no matter. It’s land now is a part of Transylvania.

2rqnhw4.jpg

Champa was next…I have been told the island of Taiwan was the prize.

2zrhkc0.jpg

The Ottoman was next on the menu…a foe we continue to beat on at every turn.

1235ush.jpg

You might say Majapahit was the luckiest of our enemies in this war. They only gave up money for peace.

With all this, when do we as citizens of this great country of Transylvania raise our voices to say THIS IS ENOUGH!

Right now Marshall Range continues to grow an even larger army.

2lutj03.jpg

Range fumed in reading Martin’s editorial in the Herald. “What is his problem?” He then stared out from Taiwan toward the islands of Japan.

Last edited:
Good stuff. Poor Range, he cannot even vacation without getting embroiled in a war! With an army such as Transylvania has mercifully such wars are quite easily dealt with. Quite surprised Range is annoyed with Martin however, even he need surely admit he is a bit of a warmonger!

Good stuff. Poor Range, he cannot even vacation without getting embroiled in a war! With an army such as Transylvania has mercifully such wars are quite easily dealt with. Quite surprised Range is annoyed with Martin however, even he need surely admit he is a bit of a warmonger!

Yes, sadly Range concedes the fact that he is a warmonger...but, he's still a great guy. A little war now and again is good...good?

Last edited:
TRANSYLVANIA

dz7yvo.jpg

Entry 89

War had become a normal way of life in Transylvania, so were revolts. Of course, the military was able to take care of any event that might arise.

Then, there were the popes, both of them. They were still busy converting people.

t7g9qv.jpg

There were hardly any Transylvanian province that hadn’t been converted

2l0xfo.jpg

This also had become a way of life.

hs1f09.jpg

As for the military it was still growing larger.

o69x6q.jpg

War was inevitable… otherwise, what's the sense of having such a large army. By the way, Transylvania had added another 20 regiments by the time war came.

2uiynol.jpg

Range didn’t want Travanacore…it was Scandinavia he wanted. Declaring war on Travanacore was a way to get at Scandinavia.

Last edited:
Thus Transylvania's holdings increase in step with her army size, I can only hope all nations bordering her have learned their lesson and do not annoy Range in any way.

I'm terribly sorry I have bailed on you with this AAR, which is, as always, truly astounding.

I won't check the forums very often anymore. I think that when you lose the "spark", there's no need to stay. Until CKII comes out, Transylvania is the only reason I still check the forums.

I thank you for that.

Thus Transylvania's holdings increase in step with her army size, I can only hope all nations bordering her have learned their lesson and do not annoy Range in any way.

Range gets annoyed so easily.

I'm terribly sorry I have bailed on you with this AAR, which is, as always, truly astounding.

I won't check the forums very often anymore. I think that when you lose the "spark", there's no need to stay. Until CKII comes out, Transylvania is the only reason I still check the forums.

I thank you for that.

My friend, I'm glad you check in every once and a while. And, I completely understand about the spark going out with the AARs and games.

But, I'm the one that should say thank you. Thank you for following the ARRs and commenting...without your and other people's comments there would be no reason for my doing the ARRs.

Range continues his warrior ways with Translyvania groaning under that exhaustion.

Well...the clock is ticking off the years quite quickly. Too bad the first fifty years were lost...from a vassal to a king...hey, wasn't that a song by Al Martino?

Exhaustion...what about all that BB points?

Last edited: