• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As was discussed earlier, in Hearts of Iron II (all versions), countries at war do not get manpower from overseas; thus, Britain gets no manpower from India and I don't get any from China. I just learned this not to long ago :(

As for the forts, the AI did it by itself. I don't know why, I think armor would be a better allocation of IC in my opinion.

I know you dont want to do anything gamey but I'd strongly suggest modding in a China you can liberate, it is really very realistic that the Chinese would fight alongside their liberators isn't it?

In retrospect, it would have been wise to do that. As far as I am in the game at the moment, it is now impossible to do that. When the AARs catch up to the progress in the game, you guys will be in for quite the treat.

Eagerly anticipating the next update. Keep it up.

CBS World News - June 11th, 1949

June 11th, 1949

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events in Europe and South America via London."

"This is London. Today, our broadcast will cover the latest advances in Europe and the worsening situation in South America."

"In Europe, American troops continues to push into Germany. During the final days of April, American forces, supported by the Canadian Army, launched an attack along the North Sea coast in Germany. Their first attack landed on Field Marshal Model's 2nd Panzer Army in Hannover, pushing deep within the first day of combat. German troops fell back under the relentless assault by Allied forces, and gave up valuable fortifications without much loss of life. Shortly after this daring assault, Canadian forces, this time supported by American divisions, pushed into Wilhelmshafen on the 6th, again making good progress in the face of heavy fortifications. The rapid collapse of German forces continued as Canadian divisions pushed onwards to Bremen. A combined assault by 750,000 Allied soldiers forces the Germans out. An attempt to take Hamburg and Kiel, however, met with little success, as Allied troops had to reorganize, whereas the Germans had fresh divisions ready to do battle."

"In South America, Allied forces have turned what should have been success into disaster. Argentinian troops have pushed Brazilian and British forces from much of the industrial complexes along the coast, forcing a long retreat into the dense jungle. The nature of the battle is demoralizing, as entire divisions can creep past one another without detection. The only notable success is the advance of Chilean forces into souther Argentina, but have failed to make any significant progress. American High Command is watching anxiously as a large threat looms just a hop across the Caribbean from its own borders...."

ScreenSave314.jpg

ScreenSave315.jpg

ScreenSave316.jpg

ScreenSave317.jpg

**I don't know why, but I'm not getting HQ bonuses in some battles at the time of the screenshot, even if they have an HQ. They are promoted to Field Marshal, yet are not contributing in the stack. Then again, sometimes the HQ doesn't add its bonus to the 2nd day of fighting, so its probable that i took these on the first day. The situation in South America is FUBAR, and I have no spare divisions I can send to help the British, Chilean and Brazilian forces.**

I think Chile could be done for, then the Argies can send more forces north. Not good either way

Doesn't Chile have a VP in the far south?

if so I think time to withdraw and set up a defence there. In Brazil, your pretty much screwed unles significant reinforcements arrive very soon :(

Needless to say, I'm not happy with the progress in South America. That really opens up my entire southern coast to invasion if the Brits and Brazilians don't get their act together.

Y'all really need to find a way to release China. That'll give ya enough manpower to grind the Axis under.
Seconded. Are you sure you can't release nanking?

CBS World News - August 11th, 1949

August 11th, 1949

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events in Europe and South America via London."

"This is London, reporting on the latest military events around the globe. First on the news today is the latest German attacks in Europe. In Germany, the scenes are reminiscent of the Great War. Artillery exchanges back and forth have destroyed much of the landscape, and in several cases towns have simply vanished. This lack of major breakthroughs in German have led to a focus on areas to the south. To the Allied commands, the areas in southern Europe are the gateway to German and victory in the war. To German commands, these areas are the key to defeating the Allies decisively and thus defeating the Allied forces in France. As a result, southern Europe has seen much of the offensive action this year. Germany recently attacked a lightly screened sector in Italy between Pescara and Rome, forcing the British units to fall back towards Anzio. This comes after German and Swiss troops launched a combined attack into France, taking the city of Besancon. American troops are expected to counter attack both breakthroughs in the coming weeks."

"As the fighting in Europe draws headlines around the world, the conflict in South America tends to be forgotten. South America has seen significant advances by the Argentinian armies against the British, Brazilian and Chilean forces. Formerly thought to be a poor, under equipped army, the Argentinians have fought relentlessly through the jungles in Brazil. The British have fully withdrawn, for the second time, from the continent. As a result, several Canadian divisions have been brought from Canada to defend the vast, lightly defended American coast. The collapse in South America is a blow to diplomatic relations for the Allies, as it is seen by most countries as if "...the British have no concern for other nations...it appears they are looking out for themselves...". America has repeatedly refused involvement in South America, and that may have deteriorated Brazil's will to fight.

ScreenSave318.jpg

ScreenSave320.jpg

ScreenSave321.jpg

CBS World News - October 10th, 1949

October 10th, 1949

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events in Europe, the Pacific, and South America via London."

"This is the news as reported by London. Japan has surrendered. This occurred after a large offensive against the remaining Japanese strong points in the Pacific, against garrisons that were near starvation and death. Now that there is peace, humanitarian aid can reach the beleaguered islands. The Red Cross, in conjunction with the United States government, has promised to send food and medical supplies to help the local populations, and the Japanese POWs. This statement lead to some disgruntlement in America, where rations have been in effect for several years now. They feel it is unfair that the POWs get any treatment at all, as it was they who attacked."

"The surrender of Brazilian armies on September 25th will no doubt set a dark overcast over the victory in the Pacific. The Brazilian army was pushed to a narrow strip along the north coast, awaiting the promised military aid from Britain to come save them. This effort was in vain, and as the weeks went by it was apparent that no support would come, and then surrender negotiations took place. Chile soon followed suit, although many soldiers took to the mountains to continue a partisan war against their occupiers. Back in the United States, several rallies took place by Brazilian and Chilean ethnic groups, calling for action on behalf of the government."

"Across India, British and American forces have launched a major offensive against German positions. There is no word on the progress of this attack as of the present moment."

"Korea's political situation has worsened. Early last month, we told you of major uprisings against the current Korean government in Northern Korea. With military arms supplied by the Soviet Union, the people of North Korea declared their independence. Unwilling to risk war with the Soviet Union, both American and South Korean governments have decided against military action against the rouge state. This situation, however, has significantly worsened Soviet - American relations, and the United States have severed all economic ties with the Soviet Union, and have issued a trade embargo on them as well."

ScreenSave322.jpg

ScreenSave323.jpg

ScreenSave325.jpg

ScreenSave327.jpg

ScreenSave328.jpg

ScreenSave330.jpg

**There go my hopes of the Soviet Union joining the war against Germany. Damn.**

Interesting, is that an event with the Korean states? never played that far, to be honest. Or just never noticed.

It's a nice chunk of Germany you now hold. Seems to be going fairly well, if very costly!

I would be careful with the USSR from now on. If i recall correctly, there is an event later that should start the korean war, but I am not sure when it fires.

Good progress so far. I am confident that the germans will break soon. Once you occupy the rest of their homeland they should begin to fall apart. Their allies cant be doing to well either, I would bet that you have made them drain lots of their manpower trying to push allied forces back.

Keep up the good work, I am confident in your final victory over tyranny.:)

That thing with Korea happened to me too (sadly later in my AAR :() I'm scared about how to work around it.

Anyway unlicky about South America, the Argentines may now try to send troops across the Atlantic, you must halt them

I'm very..concerned (to put it lightly) about the Soviet situation. Enough for me to think about keeping a small reserve in China and South Korea. I have some divisions on a few key Pacific islands still that I can put into China.

Hopefully the Germans break soon. This winter I'm going to build up troops in central Germany with the key goal of taking Berlin in the spring. This means shifting infantry to occupy places where my armor is, and moving all mechanized and armored divisions to a central area. I've penetrated the fort wall up there, the only fortifications left are the ones near Berlin. I'm not even going to bother attacking the southern fortifications head on at the moment, after 4 failed attempts I doubt I'll do any better in the spring.

I've got Canadian divisions in the southern states right now.

Last edited:
CBS World News - November 21st, 1949

November 21st, 1949

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events in Europe and India."

"The German attack on Kassel in mid-October has been contained. Although the Allies were forced to retreat under the onslaught of heavy armor and mechanized columns, the fact that they were able to turn around and stop the Germans is a testament to how determined the Allied soldiers are in this war. But will has not been enough to bring victory, as has been shown over the past two years of bloody warfare across Europe. The German army is still formidable as we go into the third winter since the Normandy landings, and the Italians hold out despite being pushed out of much of their mainland. The Italians have received gracious help from Germany and her Allies to ensure that she continues the war. This has severely hampered the Allied war effort in southern Europe, where weather and terrain dive clear advantages to the defender."

"In India, the German army continues to fall back towards occupied Persia. The continued Allied advance has driven a wedge between the German forces and have resulted in several German divisions trapped in southern India. This is expected to severely hamper the German war effort, as Allied forces advance on the Middle East oilfields, the lifeline for the German war machine."

"In the United States, rationing has hit new levels. With much of the working men in the army, food production has dropped significantly. The demands of army and the population has put significant strain on basic food needs. Britain almost solely relies on food imports, and has seen those numbers go down as American production continues to reduce. The occupation of China has helped alleviate this matter, where an sharp increase of rice imports have resulted in rice becoming part of every family's diet."

"However, in the United States several groups are pushing the government to seek a peaceful solution for the war. They wish to see an end to the fighting, as the war has cost over 5 million American lives. Such protests are usually dispersed quickly, because of the government's fear of its effect on moral..."

ScreenSave332.jpg

ScreenSave334.jpg

ScreenSave336.jpg

ScreenSave337.jpg

ScreenSave338.jpg

Last edited:
Good job with the encirclement. That should help alot. THe soviets are worrying though.

CBS World News - December 24th, 1949

December 24th, 1949

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest events from India."

"This is London. The latest reports from India are very warming to the Allied cause. German resistance is weakening along key positions as Allied forces continue their push towards the Middle Eastern oilfields. In the north, American forces are progressing into Afghanistan, and British and American units push towards the Karachi fortress along India's far west border. This fortress was taken by German forces during the great push that saw the loss of India to the invaders. Now, it is to serve as a bastion of defense to the disorganized German army. In Rajkot, 4 German divisions were cut off from the main elements of the German army, and were forced to surrender to British and American forces. The continual capture of German forces has begun to put a strain on German reserves in the East."

"In diplomatic news, territory has been transferred from British control to American control in North Africa. These lands were purchased by the American government in order to facilitate the installment of a pro-Allied government in Tunisia. This will help alleviate strain on American forces, freeing up six divisions for transfer to the main European fronts..."

ScreenSave341.jpg

ScreenSave342.jpg

**Not a big update, as major military events slow down due the the onset of winter. The Soviet situation is a real bother too.*