• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You never have to apologize for not updating every couple of days.

Your tale is quite good...don't rush it.

Good luck...in the war.

Last edited:
Hmm, that looks like a worrying war to me. France is already uncomfortably strong and taking down Burgundy will only smooth the path for them to expand. Your medium term rivals are going to be France and Austria, but you'll want to keep them sweet for as long as possible until you can consolidate Italy - which you can't do while the English are in charge.

A very interesting situation and a good AAR!

Dear William Hearst

I cannot not seem to shake the sinews of war, it seems to follow me everywhere I go. Things are heating up between the Austria and the Translavania. It seems that all of Europe may be engulfed in war soon. I heading south to Sofia in Bulgaria, then back up north throuh Poland and then too Germany were I will take a ship to back to Britain.

I have a curious individual a couple of days ago his name is Istvan Orbán a student at the local university with a keen knowledge of the histories. after getting to know him, he expressed interest on coming with on my journey. I have decided to allow him to come with me, I need some company for this long journey home.Yet I get this odd feel about him that their is something more about than what appears.

Salvatore Catteno
--------------------------

The Ricardian Wars part 1

The Ricardian Wars began with Richard III of England invasion of Hainaut. Richard III moved quickly against the coatilion of powers that had join together to face him, toke Hainaut shortly after decalring war and seized much of northern Burgundy. Yet despite patriotic fervor in favour of the war was overtaking the English, and the Palatine, seemed to have the opposite effect on the Milanese populace. To say they were outrage would be an understatement, they were riots against the king, effigies of the king were burnt in the city centers, the banner of the English was torches many refused not go off to die for his pointless wars. Spurred by the independence party lead by Tamar, began to cause as much trouble for the royalist party, that they lost the vast majority of their support. The Camber of Lords, and the Counicl of Plebs now completely controlled by angry anti-English, anti-war, announced that they would refuse to partake in the war, proclaiming their neutrality in the conflict saying they would not send one solider in defense of their King that the people hated. Richard I was furious, at this development and began determined to rid himself of this pesky independence party that had wrongly abused the power that he had gave it. So he ordered the execution of Tamar the beloved queen of Milan on charges of treason and giving state secrets to her personal friend Christian William I. Tamar was quickly brought for before the royal prisons were she was executed after a show trial. Going to her death, she pleaded to the people of Milan to regain their independence. She would become a martyr for Milan, and would become the name sake of various cities in the new world, and national hero of Milan. She would not be the only one killed though a good amount of her supporters would be executed with Salvadi, and Odelschachi barely avoiding the axe themselves. Yet the Milanense still refused to fight, that was till a Burgudian army under the command of Pierro de Dyo invaded Lombardia with the goal of taking Milan.

VLM84.jpg

The Execution of Tamar, painting commissioned by the Meltzi family. Painted by Leonardo Fanini
------------------------------------------------
Pierro de Dyo was the main commander of the Burgunadian army who believed that if he could cross the alps and invade Milan that he could gather enough popular support to strat a revolt against the English and open up another front to pull English troops in and buy them more time till the Emperor arrived from his campaigns of crushing the Palatine ruthlessly. Pierro de Dyo invaded from the north with a small army, yet Pierro experience quite a different reaction than he thought he would get, and that was of pure utter outrage that they refused to recognize Milan’s neutrality in the war. The Royal army under the command of Rodolfo Pico began to march north from Siena to meet Pierro. Pierro began to besiege Milan hoping to take it before Pico arrived. Yet things began to get much worse for Pierro the people themselves began to attack him, ambushing his troops while gathering supplies eating away at his already small army, and the assaults on the castle wall did nothing to stop but embolden the defenders and get more Bugundians killed. Finally Pico arrived outside of Milan and after a short battle was completely routed and fled back across the alps with his tails between his legs.
fid5U.png

----------------------------------------
With the defeat outside of Milan Burgundy loss all hopes of winning the war and signed peace with Britain ceding some land, Hainaut government was annexed.

6tTun.png

The British now held a firm grasp of the Netherlands, yet the emperor refused to accept peace. Now another world power, began to see an opportunity to expand this time at the expense of the English. Long holding claim to Calais the French declared war on English, the Ricardian wars just got a little bit more complicated
90hRB.png

Poor Queen Tamar! I hope one of her relatives or successors wreaks vengeance on Richard the rat. :mad:

Good job on dishing out a nice, tall glass of whoop-ass to Burgundy. And good luck with the French. :eek:

If you're lucky they may send most of their guys up north to Calais, leaving you free to roam around the south.

Can you handle any/all of the armies France sends your way?