• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can confirm :

Imperator save games converted with Converter version 2.14.0 can successfully be started in CK3 1.5 (Royal Court)! :)

It is of course imperfect, but it is runnable.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I noticed that Impertor Invictus mod added some changes to its map. Is it still going to be compatible with the new version of the converter or is it to much of hassle to make it work?
Upcoming converter release won't be fully compatible, but I want to restore compatibility in one of the later versions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1645302653224.png

NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT WINDOWS DOWNLOAD)

ImperatorToCK3 3.0 "Claudius"
Compatible with Imperator: Rome 2.0 and Crusader Kings III 1.5. Will be compatible with CK3ToEU4 "Jain". Help with the data files and translations is VERY welcome.
Obviously there's a lot of room for cultures improvements, so please look at the cultures you're interested in, report problems and suggest enhancements.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the compatch!

Main changes in version 3.0:
- Compatibility with CK3 1.5
- Improved de jure kingdoms and empires output
- Imperator civilisation value to CK3 development level conversion

Notable changes since previous major version (2.0):
- Rewrote the converter in C#
- Governorship conversion
- Bookmark map drawing
- Support for saves larger than 1 GB
- Imprisonment conversion
- Better support for Imperator mods
- Made the CK3 bookmark date default to save's current date (or 2.1.1 AD if save's date is earlier) if not set in options

Example of the de jure output fixes:
before

1645302325030.png

after
1645302365469.png

Imported development from Imperator start conversion:
1645302545798.png

Requirements
  • Imperator: Rome with optional expansions, version 2.0
  • Crusader Kings III with optional expansions, version 1.5
Incoming Savegames
  • Converter supports compressed, as well as debug mode uncompressed save games.
  • Ironman saves are supported.
Outgoing Mod
  • Converter will produce a CK3 mod.
  • Using the front-end, the mod will be copied to CK3 mod directory, located in the user's documents, usually C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod.
  • Without front-end (running the converter manually), the mod will be exported to the converter's output folder, and will have to be moved manually by the user.
Bookmarks
  • The converter ideally produces an 867 bookmark, which may change in later releases.
Map conversion
  • Converter tries to alter the map as little as possible against vanilla.
  • For those countries inside CK3's scope, the conversion treads lightly, only updating necessary elements, e.g. which provinces are owned by whom and what should be local religion/culture.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
I am really so sorry to bother the team after just releasing the newest converter, but I'm running into a strange issue. I previously managed to convert Imp Rome game to CK3 using an earlier version, but with the new one, I'm running into some strange problems, that being, it seems to have some real issues reading my IR save, and is unable to convert it, such happens no matter if I use the save that was compressed, or not. If I were the one to judge, it would seem to me like something in save itself is causing it to trip up, but I don't really have any knowledge or experience beyond basic in this area, I'm attaching my log file. Thank you in advance for answer, updating, and working in general on this kick-ass software, and for being so fast with updating it, too. (I'm pretty amazed how fast that was, to be honest.)

Attachments

• log.txt
    32,5 MB · Views: 0
I am really so sorry to bother the team after just releasing the newest converter, but I'm running into a strange issue. I previously managed to convert Imp Rome game to CK3 using an earlier version, but with the new one, I'm running into some strange problems, that being, it seems to have some real issues reading my IR save, and is unable to convert it, such happens no matter if I use the save that was compressed, or not. If I were the one to judge, it would seem to me like something in save itself is causing it to trip up, but I don't really have any knowledge or experience beyond basic in this area, I'm attaching my log file. Thank you in advance for answer, updating, and working in general on this kick-ass software, and for being so fast with updating it, too. (I'm pretty amazed how fast that was, to be honest.)

Please also upload your save, it looks like something broke with it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did you manually edit the save at some point?
Nope, the only thing I have done anything with it recently was playing until 876 and then getting into debug mode to take a save. The only way I had messed with it was cheating in game to get the 'Cult of Serapis' event, so I could take Bohairic culture, but nothing else.

3.0 - Claudius
View attachment 809605

NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT WINDOWS DOWNLOAD)

ImperatorToCK3 3.0 "Claudius"
Compatible with Imperator: Rome 2.0 and Crusader Kings III 1.5. Will be compatible with CK3ToEU4 "Jain". Help with the data files and translations is VERY welcome.
Obviously there's a lot of room for cultures improvements, so please look at the cultures you're interested in, report problems and suggest enhancements.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the compatch!

Example of the de jure output fixes
:
before

View attachment 809602

after
View attachment 809603

Imported development from Imperator start conversion:
View attachment 809604

Quoting so I can threadmark it. Paradox plz fix threadmarks.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nope, the only thing I have done anything with it recently was playing until 876 and then getting into debug mode to take a save. The only way I had messed with it was cheating in game to get the 'Cult of Serapis' event, so I could take Bohairic culture, but nothing else.
So far I've determined that the problem is located in the armies section of the save. You set custom names for the legions, right? It's probably the cause, but I don't know why yet.