• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for clearing everything up, and sorry for using your time. As for the mapping issues in North Africa, here is the screenshot of the Garamantes in Ck3, and a reference from Imperator. View attachment 1011072View attachment 1011071
Yeah, this area is being remapped. I suggest waiting for a few days, should be done alongside converter's compatch for new Invictus version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Run proceeded to CE 333- I'm running Invictus, FMO, Better UI, Timeline Extender, and Crisis, and have 2 additional light mods but they're both just tweaks to vanilla cultural and religious assimilation with no new modifiers. Tried to convert with TFE and VIET, and CK3 crashes on the character select screen. The original IR save is incompatible with today's update to Crisis. Is this likely to be due to something that'll be fixed in this week's patch?

Attachments

• error.log
    5,2 MB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    425,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1086.7.4 - Beginning of the End.rome
    36,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I was messing around with TFE conversions a bit more this morning and I noticed some weird things relating to culture that I'm wondering if could be looked at before the next update.
  • While Dacian and Thracian are moved to the Daco-Thracian group, Getian remains in the converters Dacian group
  • One of the two Celtiberian cultures has TFEs Celtiberian group and language while the other is Gaulish in both aspects
  • There are two different Hellenic heritage groups (same spelling) with the Greeks in one and and some Anatolians in the other
  • The Anatolian cultures are split across the Anatolian heritage and the previously mentioned Hellenic duplicate
  • Some some random countries in Europe (Veneto and some random tribes) become ruled over by blank culture characters in a way that I don't remember non-TFE conversions ever doing.

Beyond these "bugs" (not that any besides that last one are actual bugs, I just don't have a better name) I have some other suggestions for TFE that might be interesting not necessarily for the next update but for later updates after the upcoming compatch.
  • Move Syriac out of Byzantine/Hellenic and put it with the other Aramaic cultures in what I believe to be Chaldean
  • Making certain Imperator cultures that exist in TFE translate over directly such as Noric or the other Celtiberian cultures
  • Making certain Germanic tribes in Imperator have their respective CK3 cultures like what you guys did with Burgundian (Frisia is the best example off the top of my head)
  • Make some of the non Aestian Balto-Slavic cultures in Imperator transfer over as some Dnieper Baltic cultures instead of all just Slavic
  • Have Slavic be its TFE equivalent so they can make use of migrations like the Germanic tribes.
Sorry if most of the suggestions are useless or to difficult/time consuming to implement to be worth it, but thank you for reading anyways.

Run proceeded to CE 333- I'm running Invictus, FMO, Better UI, Timeline Extender, and Crisis, and have 2 additional light mods but they're both just tweaks to vanilla cultural and religious assimilation with no new modifiers. Tried to convert with TFE and VIET, and CK3 crashes on the character select screen. The original IR save is incompatible with today's update to Crisis. Is this likely to be due to something that'll be fixed in this week's patch?
I hope to fix this but I haven't identitied the issue yet, so can't tell.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was messing around with TFE conversions a bit more this morning and I noticed some weird things relating to culture that I'm wondering if could be looked at before the next update.
  • While Dacian and Thracian are moved to the Daco-Thracian group, Getian remains in the converters Dacian group
  • One of the two Celtiberian cultures has TFEs Celtiberian group and language while the other is Gaulish in both aspects
  • There are two different Hellenic heritage groups (same spelling) with the Greeks in one and and some Anatolians in the other
  • The Anatolian cultures are split across the Anatolian heritage and the previously mentioned Hellenic duplicate
  • Some some random countries in Europe (Veneto and some random tribes) become ruled over by blank culture characters in a way that I don't remember non-TFE conversions ever doing.

Beyond these "bugs" (not that any besides that last one are actual bugs, I just don't have a better name) I have some other suggestions for TFE that might be interesting not necessarily for the next update but for later updates after the upcoming compatch.
  • Move Syriac out of Byzantine/Hellenic and put it with the other Aramaic cultures in what I believe to be Chaldean
  • Making certain Imperator cultures that exist in TFE translate over directly such as Noric or the other Celtiberian cultures
  • Making certain Germanic tribes in Imperator have their respective CK3 cultures like what you guys did with Burgundian (Frisia is the best example off the top of my head)
  • Make some of the non Aestian Balto-Slavic cultures in Imperator transfer over as some Dnieper Baltic cultures instead of all just Slavic
  • Have Slavic be its TFE equivalent so they can make use of migrations like the Germanic tribes.
Sorry if most of the suggestions are useless or to difficult/time consuming to implement to be worth it, but thank you for reading anyways.
Thanks, I've added your suggestion to the converter's issue tracker. Most of them seem doable at first glance, not for the next converter release, though. As for
  • Making certain Germanic tribes in Imperator have their respective CK3 cultures
could you list them?

• 1Like
Reactions:
could you list them?
Sure
  • Varinia (VRI) has Varinian
  • Anglia (ANG) has Anglish
  • Rugia (RGG) has Rugian
  • Langobardia (LGB) has Langobard
  • Frisia (SXS) has Frisii
  • Sciria (SCI) has Scirian
  • *Haria (X28) MIGHT be Herulian but I'm not to confidant in this one
I should note that some of these cultures (Anglish, Langobard, and Rugian I think) do exist in the base Imperator Rome and already convert in non TFE saves (haven't checked with it on) but are removed from the Invictus start. I specify start because I swear I've seen Rugian appear in game but it's not in the starting map, probably an event spawn I guess. I thought it would be important to mention this since non Invictus saves are deprecated and I didn't know if this would effect things.

Reactions:
I think I figured out the issue with the flags, but I don't know how to fix it. Because my character (Imperator of the Roman Empire) owns the entire Imperator map. and that the flags seem to only (baring a select few for some reason) seem to convert for existing independant or subject countries, the flags never convert over. Is there some way I can fix this issue in conversion without breaking roleplay/immersion by releasing nations?

Update: After some testing, I realized that a lot of flags end up being put onto newly created titles, rather than to existing ck3 equivalents even when choosing the appropriate options on the converter and pretty much all of them are set as kingdoms and pretty much none are duchies, which probably contributes a hell of a lot to that issue. Also, I noticed that now the options of dynamic and static settings seem to be mixed up/swapped by accident.

Last edited:
I think I figured out the issue with the flags, but I don't know how to fix it. Because my character (Imperator of the Roman Empire) owns the entire Imperator map. and that the flags seem to only (baring a select few for some reason) seem to convert for existing independant or subject countries, the flags never convert over. Is there some way I can fix this issue in conversion without breaking roleplay/immersion by releasing nations?
Are you talking about flags for governorships? Imperator doesn't have flags for those.
Also, I noticed that now the options of dynamic and static settings seem to be mixed up/swapped by accident.
Please send screenshots, it's unlikely.

@MattRad here's a screenshot from latest version, African Invictus provinces are better mapped now:
1691875410206.png

The TFE crash problem is still being investigated.

• 3Like
Reactions:
TFE mod adds some new cultures has same name with Converter culture, and some culture Able to correspond IR, I list some I founded.

ir-invictus ck3-vanilla-converter ck3-TFE
  • carthaginian carthaginian punic
  • SOME urslavic slavic
  • hunnic hunnic hun
  • SOME albanian illyrian
  • SOME dalmatian illyrian
  • SOME belgae gaul
  • SOME gallic gaul
  • SOME britannic briton
  • aremorican breton briton
  • asturian OTHER asturian
  • thyssagetaen OTHER thyssagetaen
  • pactyan OTHER pactyan
  • cadusian OTHER cadusian
  • wusun OTHER wusun
  • yuezhi OTHER yuezhi
  • magadhi OTHER magadhi
  • garamantian OTHER garamantic
  • gaetulian OTHER gaetulian
  • autoleles OTHER autolalean

TFE has many cultural relevant mechanisms, specially TFE adds some historical cultural hybrid.So I would like to see changes in that regard.
I am not a native English speaker, so I can only express my views as much as possible.

TFE mod adds some new cultures has same name with Converter culture, and some culture Able to correspond IR, I list some I founded.

• SOME urslavic slavic
  • hunnic hunnic hun
  • SOME albanian illyrian
  • SOME belgae gaul
  • SOME gallic gaul
  • pactyan OTHER pactyan
  • wusun OTHER wusun
  • yuezhi OTHER yuezhi
  • magadhi OTHER magadhi

TFE has many cultural relevant mechanisms, specially TFE adds some historical cultural hybrid.So I would like to see changes in that regard.
I am not a native English speaker, so I can only express my views as much as possible.
Actually, I don't want to see only the Germanic people Franks and Suebia, I also want to see the Alemanni and Marcomanni of TFE. But these cultures do not correspond to the culture of IR.

Last edited:

• SOME urslavic slavic
  • hunnic hunnic hun
  • SOME albanian illyrian
  • SOME belgae gaul
  • SOME gallic gaul
  • SOME britannic briton
  • pactyan OTHER pactyan
  • wusun OTHER wusun
  • yuezhi OTHER yuezhi
  • magadhi OTHER magadhi

ADDS:
ir-invictus# ck3-vanilla-converter# ck3-TFE
noric# OTHER# noric
colchian# OTHER# colchian
callaecian# OTHER# castran(gallaecian)
SOME# old_egyptian# kemetic

roxolanian# OTHER# roxolan

median# kurdish# median
saurashtran# gujarati# saurashtri
gandhari# punjabi# gandhari
avanti# rajput# avantika
pyu# burmese# pyu

d_mahra and c_duqm (arbian culture) south_arabian#
himjar;sheban;qatabanian;minaean;hadhrami# OTHER# himyarite
kindite;thamudi;qedarite;taif;gerrhan;yamama;samad;adite;makan# OTHER# bedouin (In TFE, Bedouins are used directly in North Arabia,but in localizations, name is Arabia)
X.jpg

Invictus IR's Arabia
Y.png

CK3 TFE’s Arabia

Last edited:
Reactions:
ADDS:
ir-invictus# ck3-vanilla-converter# ck3-TFE
noric# OTHER# noric
colchian# OTHER# colchian
callaecian# OTHER# castran(gallaecian)
SOME# old_egyptian# kemetic
himjar;seban;qatabanian;minaean;hadhrami# OTHER# himyarite
d_mahra and c_duqm (other arbian culture) south_arabian#
kindite;thamudi;qedarite;taif;gerrhan;yamama;samad;adite;makan# OTHER# bedouin (In TFE, Bedouins are used directly in North Arabia,but in localizations, name is Arabia)
View attachment 1014474
Invictus IR's Arabia
View attachment 1014475
CK3 TFE’s Arabia
Thanks for all the suggestions, I will try to implement them alongside @DEO211's ones.

• 2Like
Reactions:
8.0 Vespasian
LatestReleaseBanner.png

NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT WINDOWS DOWNLOAD)

ImperatorToCK3 8.0 Vespasian
Compatible with Imperator: Rome 2.0 and Crusader Kings III 1.9 - 1.10.
Imperator: Invictus saves are recommended. Support for vanilla I:R saves is deprecated.
Compatible with CK3ToEU4. Help with the data files and translations is welcome.

Thanks to everyone who contributed in any form!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Is there any way to convert nations in a tiered system (county, duchy, kingdom, empire), and not all as kingdoms? (sorry if this is not the case anymore, the last mega campaign I ran, this was the case).
Thanks!