• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Baltic has truly become a Teuton Sea! Never again, the Scans, Danes, Swedes, and Russians will have this sea to be their own! Kick Denmark off the face of the earth!

Excellent stuff! ;)
But Sweden has a large Baltic coast: They must be destroyed! :D And with Denmark as weak as it is, I'm just waiting on an excuse to invade.;)
Great read! I knew this was the perfect country for you do a AAR on.
You certainly were right. Thanks for the advice, and glad you're enjoying it!

@ ALL: Sorry for the lack of updates, exams are over on Tuesday, so expect one (hopefully) just before Christmas. Yes, this is how my last AAR went.:p

Hah! An update just before Christmas.:p Knew I could do it if I tried. No pics, but enough text to keep you happy I think. By the way, Najd is still my vassal.:wacko:
Anyway, without further ado, here it is!

~Part 8~
In which the Empire learns a lesson
The Teutonic Order was feeling ambitious again. With a Viceroy in place, they now moved against the north German cities, who were weak and fractured. They had declared war and were now alone against a coalition of Denmark, Hamburg, and the Palatinate, as their allies had refused to join.
The "Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg" was one of these small, North German states. Its army of 3000 soldiers bravely patrolled the Republic's frontiers, and were horrified to see a Teutonic army assembled on their once-Danish frontier. Their chances of success were small: they faced an army twice as large. They had heard that the Danish army in København had been crushed in days, and that that city was unde siege, but they thought that it would delay the Teutons long enough for the Emperor to arrive. They turned out to be wrong.
The Hamburger army was all but crushed when Imperial aid finally reached their border. The Palatinate's army was powerful enough to force the Teutonic cavalry into retreat, but by that time Sjælland had already fallen and Denmark was annexed.
Sweden and Norway, free of the Danish yoke, now turned on each other.
The Teutons left the Scandinavian states to slaughter each other as they moved to lift the enemy siege in Slesvig. They arrived too late, but forced the occupying forces into Jylland and Hamburg and liberated the captured city of Ribe. The armies then moved to eradicate the enemy forces. Meanwhile, rebels had risen up in Skåne and Gotland. A force was sent to defend Visby but the 8000 Danish patriots outside Lund were too numerous to be evicted.
The siege of Lund was concluded and the rebels moved onto Halland. Meanwhile Jylland had almost fallen, but the Teutons avenged this by besieging Hamburg. Repeated attacks on the fleeing Hamburger army led to their annihilation in Slesvig, and the now-free army moved north to defeat the Imperial army under King Ludwig III. That battle was brief, and the Palatinate's force moved south. They had also moved 1000 horsemen into Danzig, and their was nothing the Teutonic armies in Denmark could do to save the city.
Hamburg fell to the Teutons, and the now available troops moved aboard the fleet and landed in Danzig, where a further thousand infantrymen had arrived. The battle was brief but decisive. The Palatinate's troops were forced out, and Peace was demanded. It was denied, but after another while of bloody combat across Denmark, Hamburg, and Luneberg, followed by an invasion of Pfalz itself, they offered a White Peace. The Teutons accepted it, and now turned their attentions to the rebels in Sweden and Sjælland.
As one force returned home to Teutonia they suddenly encountered rebels in Ostpreussen and Estland. They put down one revolt and moved north to cripple the other. The other armies now attacked the rebels in Sjælland as one group of rebels moved from Halland into Sweden.
Phillip Wilhelm I of the Palatinate now replaced Ludwig III as King and Holy Roman Emperor. The Danish patriots in Halland and Skåne now declared independence and Lund became capital of Denmark. They immediately offered peace, but to no avail. Denmark had unwittingly declared independence from the most powerful state in the Baltic, just as they finished a victorious war.

Oh finally! I was beginning to think that the school overcame you:D

It would seem as if the Danes will cause problems as long as they are occupied. Beware of this much, occupations always fail; whether it is short or long, all occupations fail (but that's not to say that you'll rewrite history with the might of the Teutons, after all who would want to leave the Teuton Empire)?

Btw, Merry Christmas!

Oh finally! I was beginning to think that the school overcame you:D
Exams can not destroy me!

It would seem as if the Danes will cause problems as long as they are occupied. Beware of this much, occupations always fail; whether it is short or long, all occupations fail (but that's not to say that you'll rewrite history with the might of the Teutons, after all who would want to leave the Teuton Empire)?

Btw, Merry Christmas!

Yes, they are a problem. I think they rose because of my negative stability. Had I not been at war I would have been able to drive them out anyway. Next update I'll see about vassalising them. That should force them to stay out of wars.

Hehe.....Hoch.......

I'm subscribed. Looks decent on the first page. :p
If you had only read page 2 you'd know I spell Hoch with bolded silver....:p

All your enemies are to be annexed!
Eventually, yes. I'll see how long it takes to get Denmark back to OPM level.:p

It makes sense to vassalise Denmark if you are a bit overstretched at the moment, you can always diplo-annex later.

PS: Merry Christmas!

PS2: Map? :)
Precisely!:D
You too!:)
I play computer, not PlayStation!:mad: Oh hang on, that's Post-scriptum? Ok, map, where'd I leave it...
Map of World:
eu3mapteu1421981.png

Map of me:
eu3mapteu1421982.png

I thought you had deserted us, Richard, it's been a while

Hope you get good results in your exams, mine are in January so I have to spend the festive season revising... yeah right

Remember to always keep your readers happy and wanting more. Go at your pace.

I thought you had deserted us, Richard, it's been a while

Hope you get good results in your exams, mine are in January so I have to spend the festive season revising... yeah right
I would have myself shot if I deserted the forums! I've just been away for the New Year, and expect to have an update up soon. Good luck in your exams!:)

Remember to always keep your readers happy and wanting more. Go at your pace.
I hope you are both of those. Expect an update soon, I hope.;)

Argh, meant to update over Christmas. Hopefully I'll be able to write one on Saturday, though no promises at this rate.

Time to bring over some nationalism from Historia Slovakae. :D

Just kidding, what will be your next target? More of Baltic or maybe north Africa?
Nationalism is always welcome over here! :D

I'm looking for HRE states to invade, but the Palatinate is surprisingly strong. I long for the days Cleves was still Emperor. In one alternate history, where my war with someone lasted longer, I was completely crushed by them as my troops were badly placed. So I peaced out with whoever I was fighting and ended up winning in the file I actually saved.

Definitely not Africa though, too far away. No idea why Najd ever accepted that offer. :rolleyes:

King_Richard_XI...Don't press...the time will come for you play the game...until then we'll be patiently awaiting your next update.

It's that time again! :D
"What time?" I hear you asking? I'll tell you...
RESPOND TO COMMENTS WEEKS TOO LATE FOLLOWED BY AN UPDATE TIME! :p:D
King_Richard_XI...Don't press...the time will come for you play the game...until then we'll be patiently awaiting your next update.
Thanks for the patience! The next one is another short one, but hopefully you'll enjoy it. More of my time is spent writing than playing these days, leading to far more updates per year than I'd like. :rolleyes:
Out of lurksville and looking forward to your next post!!! Very interesting AAR so far!:cool:
Caught the bus in time? And my, you sure can see far into the future if you could see my update coming! :eek:

This one is ic heavy (by my standards), so I'll put maps in a second post.

~Part 9~
In which Europe sits up and stands back
The two cities of Halmstad and Lund were bright with banners, and, for the first time in months, they were Danish pennants. The joy of freedom was short lived, however, and within days they were attacked by 9000 soldiers of the Teutonic Order. The advisors had recommended that they retake their land; so thousands of men moved to do so.
Lund was besieged first, so Denmark rapidly mustered 1000 men in Halland. However, they were crushed by a Teutonic cavalry division who rode north to meet them. With all semblance of resistance crushed, Lund was defeated, and the infantry moved to join the knights at Halmstad. That city took slightly less time, as the horsemen had already cut off the city’s supplies. Meanwhile however, an uprising in Skåne of 8000 Danes, more than the entire population of København, began to lay siege to the city. It had fallen before the Teutonic army even arrived at Halmstad, but was locked on the island by the Order’s navy. As soon as they were free, the Teutonic forces moved across the Sound and toppled the flag as soon as they could, smashing the enemy lines to get to the city. Rebels in Jylland attempted to seize more land, but were defeated quickly and chased the length of the headland several times. Eventually they were cornered and defeated.
fallofdenmark2.png

With the Danish Uprisings put down, Hochmeister Albrecht I set about gaining allies wherever he could. He soon had established alliances with both his Baltic vassals, Pommerania and Denmark, and his diplomats also returned with an alliance from Najd.
In an effort to get back at the Palatinate for the earlier war, the Knights moved now against Saxony, whose only defence was the Holy Roman Emperor who had guaranteed them. But the Palatinate refused to assist the Saxons, knowing full well that they could not stand up to the combined might of the Order and their three allies (Brandenburg had refused to participate in the war. Albrecht vowed to deal with them later.) The other members of the Empire were shocked to see the Emperor refusing to defend a smaller state, as was his pledge.
2,000 men rode into Leipzig and were confronted by the Diocese's army of 3000 infantry. The battle was short lived, and soon the entire force of Saxony was defeated. The horsemen were followed by six thousand Teutonic infantry, who burned the city until the Saxon's accepted their fate and surrendered. The peace was signed on Thursday, the 11th of September, 1424, and ended with the Vassalisation of Saxony, and their paying a huge sum of money in reparations. Europe was horrified by this war, even though it was only a small Bishopric that was defeated, because it meant two things.
Firstly, that the Teutonic Knights would not stop at ruling the Baltic, and
Secondly, that the Emperor could not offer suitable protection to the Imperial member states.
The result of this war resounded across Europe, and it would not be easily forgotten.

saxonpeace.jpg

The Peace with Saxony

Update 9: Map Post

Europe in 1424
europe1424.png

The Teutonic Order in 1424
to1424.png

The Holy Roman Empire in 1424
hre1424.png