EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@KaiserJohan Not that I don't understand the joke of referring gulags and peasant republic, but as a russian and a fan of the streams it makes me somewhat uncomfortable that this joke keeps going ang going...
Gulags were not fun, plenty of people died there and it is not something to be proud of really.

I totally vote for changing the course to more dachas. And this is also historical - when era of gulag has ended, soviet people got a lot of free earth to build their dachas and spend time raising stuff. Moreover, most of the people had something called 'ogorod', which is a dacha dedicated to raise some food for a family instead of sunbathing, making kebabs and drinking vodka :)

One of El Presidentes greatest contributions to the Revoluition will be to reform the Gulags into workers Communes! ;)

@KaiserJohan
The decision is removed - you change to it at the last government reform. Probably some ~100 years away or so.

Still - there is a slim sliver of hope... if Marcus Boiiii lives on for awhile (he's 61 currently) I might be able to pump up my RT through the Dictator events... In a testrun yesterday he lived 74+. It would be so epic if it worked :D
Can't you invest military points to boost republican tradition by +10 or is this removed in dharma? U had like 400 / 500 MP, so it should be enough

Van Fax p1.png

@KaiserJohan

Can't you invest military points to boost republican tradition by +10 or is this removed in dharma? U had like 400 / 500 MP, so it should be enough

Not possible to raise RT in Dictatorship via normal means - it has to be done via special events. I need my ruler to live untill roughly 75+ for this to work. The odds are not good but I believe the Revolution is protected by Providence!

Please, keep discussion on game's timeframe - no more gulag talk.

Last edited:
Propaganda usually happens Tuesday morning/noon, when even the last desperate attempts at diplomacy are concluded and battlelines pretty much drawn. I mean, the winner is currently still unclear, so nobody is tipping his hand early. :D

Propaganda usually happens Tuesday morning/noon, when even the last desperate attempts at diplomacy are concluded and battlelines pretty much drawn. I mean, the winner is currently still unclear, so nobody is tipping his hand early. :D

The battlelines are etched in stone - we shall never ally ourselves with these European bastards! Proudly and defiantly we stand alone with our backs against the wall, pitchfork in hand!

Not much propaganda this week, is this the calm before the storm?

My spies tell me the Europeans are gonna launch an invasion in force now - having severely underestimated the strength and resolve of the proletariat - and strangle the Revolution in its cradle!

We won't surrender a single inch of clay to these tyrants - they will have to wrench it from my cold, dead hands! We will bleed them white - their blood will intermingle with the tens of thousands of Portugise and Norweigans already buried over here!

We won't surrender a single inch of clay to these tyrants - they will have to wrench it from my cold, dead hands! We will bleed them white - their blood will intermingle with the tens of thousands of Portugise and Norweigans already buried over here!
You must bring the revolution back to Europe. Proletariat is oppressed there under heavy burden of burgers and evil monarchies

You must bring the revolution back to Europe. Proletariat is oppressed there under heavy burden of burgers and evil monarchies
First he must bring the revolution back to his own nation, since he has managed to betray the revolution a second time.

Restore free elections to Dithmarschen, and let the people rule once more!

First he must bring the revolution back to his own nation, since he has managed to betray the revolution a second time.

Restore free elections to Dithmarschen, and let the people rule once more!

Sometimes you have to take one step backwards in order to leap ten more ahead!

Kaiser Johan, the great traitor. Just wanted to have that said
You got a tale from Ethiopia, the only Nation that truly matters.

The battlelines are etched in stone - we shall never ally ourselves with these European bastards! Proudly and defiantly we stand alone with our backs against the wall, pitchfork in hand!
Surly there is an alliance possible with Genoa and some other italian minors. They might be European bastards but they also have African land some land in Anatolia and other area's so they are bastards in other area's as well!.
And from their pov Sevilla is rightfull Italian land right!?!

Btw Blondie you are outnumbered against the ottoblob but you are not alone with hormuz. Surly you can get aid from perhaps Theodoro and other nations. And even so you might win it solo even, If there is an area there where you can get a -2 roll for the otto's you can get the warscore from the wargoal and battles.

well, I heard following declarations of war in the last stream and in this thread:
  • Dutch-Bourgogne-Entente: "Dictators must die"
  • Baltic Marketeers: "Theodoro land is our future land"
  • Portugal: "Next time will be better"
  • And then the obvious ones without comment: Malwa-Blob took more than his share against Delha, canceled the Orissa alliance and now delegates control to the four-star-general Meneth for two sessions
I think the "Nile delta" question is interesting this session: by taking Alexandria, Genoa clearly displayed hostility towards Copt-thiopia. Yet it is Ethiopia-Hormuz who are only hope for the Italians to beat the Ottomans. The deal could be that claim for Egyptian land is ceded to Ethiopia in exchange for relief?

Question 1: what are the player alliances of the people that have been flying under the radar: Saxony, Bavaria, Theodoro, Gujarat

Question 2: any respawns this session? Nitra? Ayutthaya? Kongo?

Question 3: @Bratyn: what's your motivation in colonising? Wouldn't it make more sense to consolidate more in Europe and the just "take" colonial nations from Portugal, Norway, etc? Or are you planning another Inca run? ;)