• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a bad AAR to be Danish... What now? Russia, Scandinavia or the HRE?

Don't apologize for the post being short. The quality is great!

Now make them all bow before the mighty Prussians. :cool:
Tremble Europe, the Teutons have come! :D

It seems that such a rather small war will have repercussions for the Teutons for quite some time... :eek:
Funny thing is, immediately after the war all the electors who had been voting for the Palatinate all changed their minds; with the exception of the Palatinate. I think Bavaria is set to be the next HRE, and they won't be half as easy to scare off.

It's a bad AAR to be Danish... What now? Russia, Scandinavia or the HRE?
Whichever country has the fewest allies. Probably more HRE; that's my long-term plan, and it's safer than the Swedish and Lithuanian blobs.

Don't apologize for the post being short. The quality is great!
Thanks! :) Hopefully the next update (whenever that may be) wil be just as good!

Thanks for the update. Thought I could see it coming from afar off!!:cool:
It will be interesting to see what happens with Lithuania when Polotsk and Ukraine emerge. Perhaps you can pick off parts once those events occur.

~Part 10~
In which Peipus is avenged
The Hochmeister, Albrecht I, knew that they were on poor terms with the Emperor. Seeing that King Philipp Wilhelm would hate the Teutons for as long as he reigned, the Order started to pour Gifts into the coffers of the next candidate, King Ernst of Bavaria. The long-term plan was to raise relations so that the Order's capital could be admitted to the Empire; allowing them to unite it from within.
Due to the size of the Order compared to some of its neighbours, the Hochmeister began to become presumptuous. He would tell tales of glorious battles he had fought and won (even when he had, in actual fact, lost them) to those who came to his court; even when those he was talking to had been the victors in that battle.
The arrogance of the Knights was most evident when they claimed the Baltic Sea as being "Mare Nostrum", an imitation of the Roman Empire's control of the Mediterranean. Many nations became more wary of the Teutons because of this - it had indicated that the Order had designs on the rest of the Baltic, and possibly had the intention of becoming a fourth Roman Empire to replace the Byzantines and the Holy Roman Empire.
A new plan had been formed in Albrecht's mind. They neighboured a powerful Merchant Republic, that of Novgorod. That trading town was home to masses of income; so it would be a jewel in the eye rather than a thorn in the side of the Teutonic Order. The Teutonic Knights also outnumbered the Novgorodians four to one - they would be easy to crush with a small portion of the army. Therefore 5000 men were moved to the Russian frontier to prepare an invasion.
What further aided the plans was the Swedish invasion of Norway. The Norse had been losing territory for years, but this one ensured minimal intervention in the war against the Rus. So on the Sunday of March 8th, 5000 men advanced into Ingermanland carrying with them the Declaration of War. They were under orders to carry it directly into the city of Novgorod, but only once it had been successfully made Teutonic.
The Danes and Pommeranians both pledged support to the Order, while the merchants in Genoa moved to protect their comrades in Novgorod.
novgorodattacked.png

The Teutonic Vassals pledge assistance
In Estland patriots rose up under the command of another Roth-Rösthof, Leopold Wilhelm. His 3000 men protested against the army that had just trampled their fields, and formed an army that advanced on the provincial capital just after the 5000-strong invasion force had passed through. Unfortunately 2000 horsemen rode behind, and crushed the Freedom Fighters en route.
As the invasions went underway successfully, Ernst I of Bavaria was elected, replacing the Emperor from the Palatinate. The Genoese attempted to invade Pommerania, but a much larger force was sent south to annihilate their army of merchants.
As everything played into Albrecht's hands, it looked to be a good few years for the Teutonic Order.

Oops, sorry I missed these. :eek:o
Thanks for the update. Thought I could see it coming from afar off!!:cool:
It will be interesting to see what happens with Lithuania when Polotsk and Ukraine emerge. Perhaps you can pick off parts once those events occur.
As you've probably noticed I'm already moving East... I'll be there when more chances for expansion come! ;)
Denmark totally defeated and Saxony a vassal, not bad. That alliance with Najd might take you to interesting places, if only you could reach them... :D
Najd bizarrely don't like answering my wars. :confused: If they did it would be Strange Screenshot-worthy to see them helping in Novgorod! :p

Where did you get such a WE? :p
Invading several countries a month. :p Denmark is entirely my fault too. :D

EDIT: And non-stop War Taxes. I'm so rich I don't need them anymore though.

Who cares about WE when there's glory (and money and land) to be won!

You're doing great...keep it up...and the world can be your playground...

Also, vassals are great...I think you get half of their earnings.

Last edited:
Who cares about WE when there's glory (and money and land) to be won!
Not me, anyway! :D
If your country is large enough, nobody will care when it collapses!
The plan being that there'll be nobody else left when it collapses. ;)
You're doing great...keep it up...and the world can be your playground...

Also, vassals are great...I think you get half of their earnings.
Thanks for the support! :D And on the subject of vassals, this will be my first game where I din't Annex every counry I attacked and ended up with a dozen disconnected provinces. :rolleyes:
Silly merchants, trying to fight with things otehr than number... :p
Silly merchants indeed! Soon they shall learn the error of their ways! :p
Are you planning some period of peace after all this? :rolleyes:
Period of... what? Sorry, my English isn't good. What does "peace" mean? :p

I guess I will need to let my BB and WE go down, so perhaps I'll let my men have some R & R in Italy or Novgorod when I've won. :D

Ok, this is till here.. .quite dusty too.

First off, let me apologise. This AAR is by no means dead, but inactive. I will have no time to do anything with any games until late June, because I'm studying for exams. HARD exams.

Secondly, thanks for all you guys who've waited, and those of you who gave up: I laugh in your face.

So, don't cancel your subscriptions - you never know when I'll be back! ;)

Good news! :D I intend on having an update written within a few hours! :D

EDIT: Let me revise that to a few days, just in case.

Last edited:
wat is this i dont even