• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
If I am reading the posting history correctly it appears the last few awards consist of the writer of an AAR nominating someone who only comments on their AAR. That person then nominated a successor who also only comments on that AAR. It makes the Stellaris sub-forum seem positively open-minded and cosmopolitan.

I offer the level of congratulations that are appropriate under the circumstances, what else can one do?

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
If I am reading the posting history correctly it appears the last few awards consist of the writer of an AAR nominating someone who only comments on their AAR. That person then nominated a successor who also only comments on that AAR. It makes the Stellaris sub-forum seem positively open-minded and cosmopolitan.

I offer the level of congratulations that are appropriate under the circumstances, what else can one do?

I shall merely paraphrase Monty Python - "Every Fan is sacred. Every Fan is great." ;)

• 3Haha
Reactions:
It makes the Stellaris sub-forum seem positively open-minded and cosmopolitan.
Who are you and what have you done with @El Pip?

But yeah, @coz1 (and by extention, Monty Python) is right. At the end of the day, we will shower appreciation on our fans without hesitation.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:

I agree with Monty Python, @coz1, and @Macavity116!

If it helps, I think we covered all of the regular commenters on Hohenzollern Empire with those awAARds.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Who are you and what have you done with @El Pip?
I didn't say Stellarian incest habits are good, just that this current run is even more incestuous.
I take the point about congratulating individual winners regardless, but I will not be letting mob rule sway my opinion on this subject.

Among the many fine features of this place is the range of works availabley, you can log in and find you have a story of politics in ancient Greece, a 19th Century Mexican rebellion and a sci-fi morality rale from the far future to catch up on. Apart from the qualities of the individuals nominated these weekly awards also serve as a way to share and spread works to a wider audience. I note the very first post of this thread where Rens reminds up of the tradition for the winner to tells about a particular AAR (or AARs) that they find interesting so even this 'fan' award helps with that objective. I fear all of that falls apart if the forum becomes siloed, if readers, commentators and fans don't venture outside one sub-forum or indeed one work.

So out of politness I offer congratulations to the recent winners, but I do not think such limited horizons are particularly healthy trends.
If it helps, I think we covered all of the regular commenters on Hohenzollern Empire with those awAARds.
Small mercies.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I didn't say Stellarian incest habits are good, just that this current run is even more incestuous.

I take the point about congratulating individual winners regardless, but I will not be letting mob rule sway my opinion on this subject.

Among the many fine features of this place is the range of works availabley, you can log in and find you have a story of politics in ancient Greece, a 19th Century Mexican rebellion and a sci-fi morality rale from the far future to catch up on. Apart from the qualities of the individuals nominated these weekly awards also serve as a way to share and spread works to a wider audience. I note the very first post of this thread where Rens reminds up of the tradition for the winner to tells about a particular AAR (or AARs) that they find interesting so even this 'fan' award helps with that objective. I fear all of that falls apart if the forum becomes siloed, if readers, commentators and fans don't venture outside one sub-forum or indeed one work.

So out of politness I offer congratulations to the recent winners, but I do not think such limited horizons are particularly healthy trends.

Small mercies.
Thank you for expressing your concerns and extending your congratulations to me and @GhostRider124. While I stand by my choice of nominee and still think they're deserving of this award, I value your perspective and am grateful that you raised your concerns to my attention. If I am nominated again in the future, I'll keep your feedback in mind and make sure to select someone who has engaged with multiple AARs to be my successor. I will also ensure to acknowledge a few AARs alongside my nominee, as I have done in previous posts on this thread, like The Empire Strikes Back, The Third Odyssey - An Elysian Tale [Redux], or A History of the Iron Throne - Embers of Rebellion to name a few examples. Your congratulations and input are greatly appreciated.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Many congrats @CaptainAlvious and certainly to our new Fan! Well done @GhostRider124. You keep us cool! :cool:

Congratulations on your receipt of a golden fan, @GhostRider124!

Congratulations @GhostRider124 !

Rensslaer

Congrats @GhostRider124!

Congratulations @GhostRider124!

I shall merely paraphrase Monty Python - "Every Fan is sacred. Every Fan is great." ;)

Congrats @CaptainAlvious and @GhostRider124!

Thank you for expressing your concerns and extending your congratulations to me and @GhostRider124. While I stand by my choice of nominee and still think they're deserving of this award, I value your perspective and am grateful that you raised your concerns to my attention. If I am nominated again in the future, I'll keep your feedback in mind and make sure to select someone who has engaged with multiple AARs to be my successor. I will also ensure to acknowledge a few AARs alongside my nominee, as I have done in previous posts on this thread, like The Empire Strikes Back, The Third Odyssey - An Elysian Tale [Redux], or A History of the Iron Throne - Embers of Rebellion to name a few examples. Your congratulations and input are greatly appreciated.
Wow. This was an unexpected thing to log into but thank you all very much. That said like @CaptainAlvious I do get what some people are saying in that when ever I see an notification for a nomination it does fell like it is related to Hohenzollern Empire. I am still relatively new to AAR's and have mostly read the The Hohenzollern Kings of America-A HFM Victoria II AAR by @Baltimorehero33, The Crown Atomic by @cookfl, An Army with a Stars: Rise of Galactic Empire by @Vlad_Dracul1989 and of course the The Hohenzollern Empire - A Roman Reich Megacampaign by @zenphoenix so far. I will try to broaden my horizons by reading more AAR's in the future so when I nominate someone it does not follow the same trend as nominating someone from Hohenzollern Empire.

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
@GhostRider124 thank you for mentioning some of the AARs you follow!

The original intent of the award, way back when, was to recognize a particular fan, and then for that fan to tell us about what they were reading. To kind of spread around advice about interesting stories.

Looking forward to seeing who the next fan will be!

Rensslaer

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @GhostRider124 and thanks for sharing what you're reading!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Well, @GhostRider124 has not been on the Forums in about 10 days. I've prompted and PM'd but I hope he'll forgive me if I move this forward.

I always enjoy looking around to see who the most active fans are, and the newest, and all the associated hallmarks of really encouraging folks. I had one user in mind who has not won this award before, but sadly he's not been around in a couple of weeks so I'll catch them another time.

I do enjoy giving this honor to folks who are new, and there are definitely some candidates. But there's also a reason why some people continue to receive the award over and over.

I'm going to honor someone who has won this award 6 times previously. So this is a 7th award. But this user has not been so awarded in a full 2 years. Nevertheless their encouraging activity and commenting in AARs has continued quite unabated.

Please, everyone, join me in congratulating our new Fan of the Week: @diskoerekto !

As is tradition (sadly not followed so much anymore), I'd like to ask if you could tell us a little about 2-3 AARs you're following. And then, of course, please pass this along to a new winner in a week's time (we're not following any particular day, so much as just asking that it be passed on in 7-8 days).

Rensslaer

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions: