• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From the humblest of beginnings ... a few villages above a swampy area on the Tiber ... the desolate steppe of grass and violence ... a defeated kingdom huddling afraid in northern mountains ... great things can arise.

• 1Like
Reactions:
From the humblest of beginnings ... a few villages above a swampy area on the Tiber ... the desolate steppe of grass and violence ... a defeated kingdom huddling afraid in northern mountains ... great things can arise.

I'm confused by this last reference.

I think you're going Rome -> Huns/Mongols but I don't this third reference to a defeated kingdom in the Northern Mountains.

Reactions:
Small bug in CK2+ that I have to mess with before we start.. ending up with a bunch of cultureless courtiers lurking around. But hoping to take a few steps forward in gameplay soon!

Reactions:
I'm confused by this last reference.

I think you're going Rome -> Huns/Mongols but I don't this third reference to a defeated kingdom in the Northern Mountains.
I think he means Asturias or Navarra. The latter probably makes more sense given it ties in with the previous AAR.

Reactions:
I think he means Asturias or Navarra. The latter probably makes more sense given it ties in with the previous AAR.

I think it was a reference to my previous AARs as the Lombards, Uyghurs, and Basques.

Reactions:
The last image was of religions, right? Then why has Chalcedonian several different colors?

Reactions:
The last image was of religions, right? Then why has Chalcedonian several different colors?

The striped areas are where the provinces are Chalcedonian but ruled by rulers of other religions -- Muslims in Iberia, and Iconoclasts in Greece.

Reactions:
Those are quite the traits Chief Sulav has. I expect great things from him.

I'm intrigued how the first few decades will go. You're certainly starting small, and it will be difficult to expand at first as you build up your power base.

Reactions:
@AvatarOfKhaine - As others say, it is a reference to Asturians/Basques .

Actually @RedTemplar it only refers to your previous AARs by accident. It was a generic "great things have small beginnings" comment dressed up in some historical frippery.

Reactions:
EDIT: Nvm, checking in on the bug report forum. Spawning of culture-less people is happening all over, messing up my game. No gameplay updates yet.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Humble beginnings of what will (hopefully) become the greatest empire humanity will ever know.

• 1Like
Reactions:
make Odin proud of the Empire you will build

Reactions:
Reactions:
Well, turns out I missed ONE line of code when modding the list of Estonian-culture dynasty names, which is what caused my fail. There was an interesting Karling war shaping up in this most recent game, but I'll have to restart once more -- this time, we should be going for real :)

Reactions:
Heh, good thing you caught it.:)

Reactions:
Better catch it early than three centuries in :D

Reactions:
A RedTempler AAR... (Jumps on bandwagon in joy)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Those one line errors are the worst. Well, almost the worst. Glad you figured it out, though!

Reactions:
Yeah I usually only make small flavor mods, and I forgot an ID# for one name, and suddenly all these cultureless characters started showing up in Estonia. But I've run several tests and all is clean, so tonight I'll be starting the real campaign gameplay.

Reactions: