HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No tease for tomorrow's dev corner? Sad thing :(
Judging by 2 weeks ago and today i don't believe we will get any teasers for most Dev Corners in the future. We'll have to wait until the real Dev Diaries start again for teasers to drop.

• 3Like
Reactions:
why they have not yet launched today Devs corner, every 2 weeks and said we would get one of those mini devs

It’s still a bit early - usually they’ll release around 10 EST, sometimes an hour later (I forget the European time they release). Also I’m pretty sure they finish their DD in advance and then just schedule it to automatically post at a specific time

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello guys!
I know we are all expecting something from the Devs and not by me, but I thought this will be the best place to ask your opinion on my question.

Today (theoretically) there will be a new DD; because we are so close to 06.06 (1944) 2022 there will be an announcement? Maybe a small update with QoL unannounced improvement to the game? Maybe an Axis voices of war pack? I don't know I'm just hoping for something. What are your opinion on this? Did somebody spotted something on the many HoI accounts channels? :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Today (theoretically) there will be a new DD; because we are so close to 06.06 (1944) 2022 there will be an announcement? Maybe a small update with QoL unannounced improvement to the game? Maybe an Axis voices of war pack? I don't know I'm just hoping for something. What are your opinion on this? Did somebody spotted something on the many HoI accounts channels? :)

I’m hoping for something like that too. A plane or music pack like last year. But who knows?

The devs seemed to be teasing a naval themed dev diary over here. I’m intrigued and looking forward to whatever may come.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just got Discord ping about a naval themed Dev Corner. But when I went to that channel, it had disappeared. :eek:

Maybe we will hear more at 1500 CEST.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I’m hoping for something like that too. A plane or music pack like last year. But who knows?

The devs seemed to be teasing a naval themed dev diary over here. I’m intrigued and looking forward to whatever may come.

I loved the new DD, but I'm a bit confused. They're reworking Peace Deals and Air Combat and rebalancing Naval Warfare. This seems like their trying to fix everything wrong with the game in one sweep, which is really the max of the risk/reward balance. My worry is the devs are getting a bit too ambitious and after great reception of NSB, they've decided to eat the rest of the cake in one go.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I loved the new DD, but I'm a bit confused. They're reworking Peace Deals and Air Combat and rebalancing Naval Warfare. This seems like their trying to fix everything wrong with the game in one sweep, which is really the max of the risk/reward balance. My worry is the devs are getting a bit too ambitious and after great reception of NSB, they've decided to eat the rest of the cake in one go.
Valid concerns.

I think in this case, PDX is bundling several more modest fixes rather than one grand overhaul. If that's correct, then it's probably not too ambitious.

Probably.

Reactions:
Valid concerns.

I think in this case, PDX is bundling several more modest fixes rather than one grand overhaul. If that's correct, then it's probably not too ambitious.

Probably.
Yeah, basically this. After NSB they did a lot more post support than they used to and now they are coming back to some of those older features that they implemented, but weren't quite right. The changes they showed today are only an alteration of systems that were already in game, not a complete overhaul, which suggests they are completely rebuilding the systems from the ground up.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I also get the impression that HOI IV is getting close to the end of its supporet lifespan, so they're making a major push to fix any remaining major player complaints because of that.

Reactions:
I also get the impression that HOI IV is getting close to the end of its supporet lifespan, so they're making a major push to fix any remaining major player complaints because of that.
I don't think so. Have you read the roadmap Arheo posted? We are still missing focus trees for Italy, Scandinavia, the ME, South America. The mechanics he has talked about. Not even EU4 seems to be at the end of it's lifespan yet the devs there can't even add new provinces or tags into the game.

HoI4 will stay with us for at least half a decade in my opinion.

Reactions:
Judging by 2 weeks ago and today i don't believe we will get any teasers for most Dev Corners in the future. We'll have to wait until the real Dev Diaries start again for teasers to drop.
Don't give up that easily. Put more research into Decryption and send agents to Stockholm. It's possible the teasers are slipping us by.

• 6Haha
Reactions: