HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The summer holidays is approaching. If we don't have an announcement pretty soon (really hope), i'm afraid only autumn is what we can expect ((((

I'd find it to be shocking if they didn't have anything to show us by PDXCON. If they have nothing by PDX, I suspect their will be serious questions about productivity from both the fans and corporate. My hope is that they have something to show/tease to us this month. We'll see what they have (if anything) tomorrow.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd find it to be shocking if they didn't have anything to show us by PDXCON. If they have nothing by PDX, I suspect their will be serious questions about productivity from both the fans and corporate. My hope is that they have something to show/tease to us this month. We'll see what they have (if anything) tomorrow.
I mean, or so i hope, they are probably working already on the next expansion/pack/whatever.

If we were given at least some information on what that is we could already be making suggestions of our own to maybe give the devs some further ideas and have something to talk about. Afterall and despite some bad behaviour here and there, community involvement was and still is something that paradox has been doing in the past and present far more than many other developers.

But we still have literally no idea what it is going to be. Whether something about Italy, Scandinavia, Air, South America, Diplomacy or a Tannu Tuva focus tree. And this means either, unless the team already has something in store for us to share in the near future and i am just a prophet of doom, that they have delved very deep into development already and there is little room to change something (which sometimes leads to disappointement and y'alled threads) or they simply have not gotten that much to show which in turn means that we will have to wait even longer for the release of the next expansion, and by extension the delaying of all future expansion. And we know that for Scandinavia, Italy, and others at least 2 or 3 expansions are needed. I frankly don't know which is worse.

Finally, to make myself clear as always, i really do believe and can read it from both the engagement here in the forums and the general feel from videos/diaries that the people currently and previously working on HoI are passionate and hard-working. And despite the nay-sayers and people who claim that this game is """uNpLaYaBLe""" countless of us have spent thousands of hours (and hundreds of moneys on dlc's lmao) on the game which is a statement of it's own.
Yet the team either needs bring their workflow in order, which i wont judge because i am not there, or they really do need more hands on deck as is befitting for such a large game and playerbase, which i again can't judge.

However it may be though, what i can tell is that i have the distinct impression when comparing it with other pdx titles, that other pdx games have a feeling as if they are constantly being worked on. I know this may sound wrong because probably at this very day HoI has been worked on, yet every expansion feels like the sneeze that never wants to come out and you really have to focus and force it, so that one day, maaaayyybeeeee... the sneeze will eventually come out. And when it does come out it is glorious of course, but in the meantime it sucks.

• 5Like
Reactions:
they simply have not gotten that much to show which in turn means that we will have to wait even longer for the release of the next expansion, and by extension the delaying of all future expansion

This is what worries me the most. Dan and Arheo have talked about speeding up the development process and have more frequent releases, yet most in the community go between "MOAR!" and "Take your time. X was amazing.". I think the hard part here for them will be finding that sweet spot between frequent enought that the community is placated and high enough quality that we've gotten used to.
I mean, or so i hope, they are probably working already on the next expansion/pack/whatever.
Agreed. It'd be odd if they weren't.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Whether something about Italy, Scandinavia, Air, South America, Diplomacy or a Tannu Tuva focus tree.
Leave out South America and Tannu Tuva and one or two of them are probably on the list.
Italy is probably the priority for a full (mechanics) DLC.
Scandinavia might be first if they are doing a Country/Region DLC like BftB.
Air probably wouldn't be its own DLC, but might be the core mechanics added to a major DLC.
South America will probably be the last of the regions to get a DLC pack (all propaganda aside they didn't actually participate much in the war).
Diplomacy (other than the Peace Conference rework) is fine for a game lasting ~12 years.
Tannu Tuva really shouldn't exist as a separate nation (from the USSR), but should use mechanics similar to the Kurds from BftB (i.e., start as non-core and progress to core via decision/focus).

Reactions:
surely we will receive a dev on the anniversary date of the announced game, skin packs and something else. And as it says, probably starting in the fall, regular devs will return in some way due to the launch of the Country pack

• 1Like
Reactions:
And despite the nay-sayers and people who claim that this game is """uNpLaYaBLe""" countless of us have spent thousands of hours (and hundreds of moneys on dlc's lmao) on the game which is a statement of it's own.
Dude, it's the HoI4 community. Many of the people decrying the game as LiTtErALlY uNpLaYaBlE have hundreds or thousands of hours sunk in. Then they come to the forums to rant about how it's totally broken and has no replayability value with a totally straight face.

• 8Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Anatomy of HoI4 Dev Teasers thread:

1%: dev teasers
4%: discussing and speculating on teasers
106%: "where teasers? Why no teasers? Will we ever get more teasers? It was Thursdays, right? Is the game dead?"

• 10Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Latest "Designer Corner" post said every other week at this point in the design/dev cycle:
Lastly, for the time being we’ll be producing these ‘design corner’ style diaries every two weeks, rather than weekly. This is likely to change as we get closer to being complete.
So, next week.

• 6Like
Reactions:
DD is biweekly, as stated in last DD
6fr4dt.jpg

• 25Haha
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The Dev Diary is dead, long live the Dev Diary! (EDIT) or Dev Corner as it was rebranded to.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
This is no teaser but if you saw a red notification in your alerts this is what it would look like if there was. lmao gottem

Also i am going out on a limb and say that i am 99% sure the next DLC will drop in 2023 and not this year, considering NSB started with proper dev diaries in April, while we started now later and with these Dev Corners until we even get to dev diaries.

And as you can probably tell i am desperate to discuss the future of HoI, ideally discuss the content of new dev diaries, but i obviously can't because there aren't any (except for dev corners of course)... Sigh...

• 5Like
Reactions:
This is no teaser but if you saw a red notification in your alerts this is what it would look like if there was. lmao gottem

Also i am going out on a limb and say that i am 99% sure the next DLC will drop in 2023 and not this year, considering NSB started with proper dev diaries in April, while we started now later and with these Dev Corners until we even get to dev diaries.

And as you can probably tell i am desperate to discuss the future of HoI, ideally discuss the content of new dev diaries, but i obviously can't because there aren't any (except for dev corners of course)... Sigh...

I think it’ll depend on what they reveal before summer - if it’s an Italy DLC it probably won’t be released till either very late this year or next year. If it’s a country pack we might get it this fall

• 1Like
Reactions:

Disappointing to say the least, but the time the devs take to develop the content obviously pays off. As I've noted before HoI4 is in this weird place where the community desires more content more often, but the development moves at a snail's speed. However, that speed does result in some of the best content from PDX. It's difficult to note if we should be worried about the future of the HoI4, or if we should continue to await the return of DDs.

Here's to Wednesday's Developer Corner.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Disappointing to say the least, but the time the devs take to develop the content obviously pays off. As I've noted before HoI4 is in this weird place where the community desires more content more often, but the development moves at a snail's speed. However, that speed does result in some of the best content from PDX. It's difficult to note if we should be worried about the future of the HoI4, or if we should continue to await the return of DDs.

Here's to Wednesday's Developer Corner.
Obviously i agree that the content we get is very good, in some aspects (not all) even excellent, however yeah, there is a discrepancy between how big the game seems to be in terms of player-numbers, the modding community, quality and ideas from devs on how to improve it <<<vs>>> the real development speed. I don't know what the cause of this is, whether the team is too small or what, but i'd rather take good quality and slow releases than leviathan 2.0 and quick releases.
So whatever Podcat earlier, and now Arheo, has at his disposal in terms of time, hr and content, he seems to be managing it quite well.

Yet still these long periods without new content and little information are quite hard to get by.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think it’ll depend on what they reveal before summer - if it’s an Italy DLC it probably won’t be released till either very late this year or next year. If it’s a country pack we might get it this fall
This "Country Pack" and "Rework + Mechanics" alternating DLCs system every 9-11 months is more suitable in my thoughts and so i hope it would be true.

Guaranteeing Italy for Summer 2023 ensures that Fall 2022 would be for Nordic Countries and i'm happy to wait for both.

• 3Like
Reactions: