HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For most of the 20th century it was a popular theory that Anastasia survived and there were several people posing as her.
So... yes it was a popular meme... that I have no idea how you missed... there's even movies about her.

Paradox might put in an easter egg where the theory becomes true or one of the would be ''pretenders'' becomes Tsarina.
I am fine with that as even if it's a fake so could it still rally support for a cause and it's not nearly as far fetched as other options. I think it's better if it's simply not stated if she is the real deal or not.

Reactions:
Then the problem is just that there was also a man as a possible heir and in that family ALL men before women are in the succession. Sorry I'm ruining your dream.
I checked out who would be the legitimate official accepted heir and the problem is that he was imprisoned in Germany during the war, making it hard to use him, unless Germany is expected to let him lose to cause trouble for Russia?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Then the problem is just that there was also a man as a possible heir and in that family ALL men before women are in the succession. Sorry I'm ruining your dream.

This is correct. Under Russian succession law a female can inherit the throne only if all male lines are extinct. Furthermore only non-morganatic lines are considered.

At the start of the game Kirill was the rightful Tsar and after him it was his son Vladimir.

To those that are interested in this topic, watch this video:

I checked out who would be the legitimate official accepted heir and the problem is that he was imprisoned in Germany during the war, making it hard to use him, unless Germany is expected to let him lose to cause trouble for Russia?

Yeah in 1942, two years after the Germans had taken over France (he lived in Brittany). Not really an issue considering the in-game restoration of the monarchy would probably happen some time in 1936-1938.

• 4Like
Reactions:
(...)
Yeah in 1942, two years after the Germans had taken over France (he lived in Brittany). Not really an issue considering the in-game restoration of the monarchy would probably happen some time in 1936-1938.
I guess that works out then and the fall of France could be used as a time limit to that path. It should have been at least initiated before that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
But to what extent does succession-order matter in a dead monarchy? Wouldn't it be more of a first come first serve where whoever can restore the monarchy gets the crown? Granted, most of the supporters of the old monarchy would probably be for following the old succession order. However, all Anastasia would need is her own army to tip the scales, and her raising one isn't too far-fetched in my book.

That said, I still kinda expect her to be an easter egg at best, just like King Wojtek will be for Poland :p.

However, one thing to note is that the devs have shown that they aren't too strict about sticking to history. If you play as Stalinist USSR, nobody is plotting against you (atleast not in-game) and the purges are unjustified. However, play as the Trotskyites and suddenly the plot is a fact. So I wouldn't entirely rule out a branch for Anastasia.

• 2Like
Reactions:
See meme path = day ruined
You got a historical path with content till past 1945. Nobody forces you to play alt-history but many people enjoy it and it rakes in cash that benefits the game overall .

• 1Like
Reactions:
See meme path = day ruined
Cant wait for the meltdown from people with soviet flags and generals as their profile pic

The ancient prophecies have come true!

On a serious note, the more historically accurate paths in this tree are pretty good so nobody should complain for alt-history content. Not that developers have a reason to care, seeing how popular Monarchist paths are.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
24.08.21 Nation building
Screenshot_20210824-154622_Chrome.jpg
E9kEXKGXIAMddtg.jpeg

• 12Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Tbh, I've been looking forward to learning about new QoL tricks and features more than the USSR tree. This'll be great.
The "Soon" is kinda ominous, though :p .

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tbh, I've been looking forward to learning about new QoL tricks and features more than the USSR tree. This'll be great.
The "Soon" is kinda ominous, though :p .

Indeed. Perhaps we'll be getting an actual trailer and release date. Also intersted when the Dev streams being again, considering they've shown off all focus trees.

• 1Like
Reactions: