Confirmed HoI 4 - [Avalanche v1.12.7.8fc8 (b738)] - Dardanelles and/or Bosphorus Straits not working correctly

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Packerfan504

Sergeant
Dec 1, 2021
Description of issue
[Avalanche v1.12.7.8fc8 (b738)] - Dardanelles and/or Bosphorus Straits not working correctly

What platform do you play on?
Steam

Game Version

Enabled DLC

Do you have mods enabled?

No

Description
There seems to be an issue with either the Dardanelles, or the Bosporus, or Both (Bosporus is more likely of the two). It may also be an issue with straits in general.

Prior to Turkey Re-militarizing the straits, Romania can trade with any nation using Convoys. But after the straits issues are resolved, they can no longer trade with any nation that requires the usage of convoys. They can continue trading with whoever they were trading with before it was resolved though.

Additionally, Supply is not allowed through the straits for Soviet Volunteers in the Spanish Civil War. Note that if Republican Spain grants the soviets military access then the soviets will receive reinforcement. Revoking military access still lets the soviets keep this supply line, but shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Steps to Reproduce
Issue 1) Trade
1 - As Romania purchase rubber from Brazil
2 - Wait for the Straits to be remilitarized and closed (You can wait for the compromise to finish)
3 - Move your ships into and out of the Black Sea to prove that you are still friends with Turkey after the compromise
4 - Open up the trade menu to trade with the US and you will see you have no route to them despite trade being allowed through
5 - Bonus bug: You can still trade with Brazil even though you are blocked from convoy trading
RubberBrazil.PNG
SteelBrazil.PNG

Issue 2) Supply
1 - As Soviets follow the historical compromise path over the Bosphorus.
2 - Wait for spanish civil war to start
3 - Send divisions to Republican Spain
4 - See that they won't get resupplied
NoSovietSupply.PNG

Note: I don't think it has anything to do with the event because in a mod the event is removed and its treated like a normal strait with trade always allowed through and both issues still persist.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

• 1Like
Reactions:
Seems likely that this may be the cause of this bug report:

EDIT: The discussion there suggests that reloading may be a workaround

Last edited:
Reactions:
There are many more issues with the Strait.

For example - if the Turkey tries to remilitarize - Soviets say no - and Turkey backs down (so they remain demilitarized) - you still CAN'T move anything through as Soviet Union, but the trade. The permission does not change to 'friend' and you're still trapped in the Black Sea.

There are many more issues with the Strait.

For example - if the Turkey tries to remilitarize - Soviets say no - and Turkey backs down (so they remain demilitarized) - you still CAN'T move anything through as Soviet Union, but the trade. The permission does not change to 'friend' and you're still trapped in the Black Sea.
I am playing as the Soviets and I have annexed both sides of the straights. I was able to move one fleet through and then I get an event that I have breached the Montreux Convention and then I could not move anything more through the straights even though I own both sides. The problem is that when I get fleets after Victory rounds they show up in the Black Sea even if they are from Germany or Finland. This is just silly.

I am playing as the Soviets and I have annexed both sides of the straights. I was able to move one fleet through and then I get an event that I have breached the Montreux Convention and then I could not move anything more through the straights even though I own both sides. The problem is that when I get fleets after Victory rounds they show up in the Black Sea even if they are from Germany or Finland. This is just silly.
This is a major issue for game play.

I have played several variations of the game as the Soviet Union, where I annex both Turkey and Greece.
I use the submarines of my Black Sea Fleet to challenge the British for control of the Mediterranean area, until, suddenly I can no longer transit the straights due to "deteriorating relations" with the straights controller.

Obviously the controller is me.

This situation arises whether or not I puppet, or annex, Turkey and Greece. It is extremely frustrating and makes the game unplayable. Paradox might as well redesign the map to exclude the Balkans, Turkey and the Middle East.