• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You might be right.
For some reason it looked like smoke from a factorys pipes to me.

Chances are it's either a new scorched earth button, or a new mechanic that lets you loot the province (possibly destroying buildings/decreasing development for Gold or the like). I think the fact that Hordes (and hopefully all tribals) are getting a new Government mechanic supports the latter.

What happens in the event of a tie? That is, you form an exclave from territory`` you conquer with an equal number of provinces in each area or region?

What happens in the event of a tie? That is, you form an exclave from territory`` you conquer with an equal number of provinces in each area or region?

It'll pick one of the two depending on which comes first in the code, pretty much.

Reactions:
It'll pick one of the two depending on which comes first in the code, pretty much.

Not sure if you saw my earlier post, it got buried pretty quick. Maybe counting by development rather than number of provinces is a better idea. For example Alexandria plus 2 Libyan provinces should still be Alexandria rather than Libyan Desert. Etc.

Reactions:
Generally sounds really great and I live the return of the regionalised names. Also look forward to the AI becoming better at consolidating.
Though I cannot help feel this is a bit of a simplification since at the moment there are some overlapping regions where it might not be beneficial to lose either of them.

Wiz try to focus more in this aspect of the game, cause it can be buggy as hell when the patch comes out, because of how many names the engine will try to get when the conquest start.

Reactions:
Maybe it was already addressed, if so please tell me so, because I did not read all 13 pages.

So my concern is about "nonoverlapping" issue. I strongly feel that "overlapping old kind of regions" is needed for both modding but also for vanilla.

Say we have mission: establish presence in East Asian port, and east_asian_port region was 1 province wide strip of land along coast + some islands.
How is it supposed to work now?
- listing of 40 small areas in trigger ? (and half of those provinces wont be coastal anyway)

As always I beg you Wiz to think about consequences before you jump into changing game

Reactions:
Regional names and colored wastelands?! I've been anticipating this for a long time!

Expecting "Scandinavia" to be fixed as Fennoscandia, or Fenno-Scandinavia, seeing how it extends to Finland.
1171045_685455721517414_1335194329_n.jpg

Hmm... Personally, I always saw Sweden-Finland as something more... explicit.
Sweden-Finland.png

Dear Wiz, is time to add ONE more province in Finland. Once you have that ONE more province, there will be no more jokes like this... :D

Maybe it was already addressed, if so please tell me so, because I did not read all 13 pages.

So my concern is about "nonoverlapping" issue. I strongly feel that "overlapping old kind of regions" is needed for both modding but also for vanilla.

Say we have mission: establish presence in East Asian port, and east_asian_port region was 1 province wide strip of land along coast + some islands.
How is it supposed to work now?
- listing of 40 small areas in trigger ? (and half of those provinces wont be coastal anyway)

As always I beg you Wiz to think about consequences before you jump into changing game

Yeah because its impossible to change it so it explicitly lists the provinces you has to choose between :p

No overlapping in vanilla [3 files: area --> region --> super-region].
Might add a file for mods [custom-region].

Yeah because its impossible to change it so it explicitly lists the provinces you has to choose between :p
Which then becomes more work when adding provinces to the map. Because instead of just having to add them to the regions file, you also need to look for every event, mission, decision, and triggered modifier that deals with that area and add them there.

A change with some upside and low to no downside. We have a more clear naming system with little extra code and a lot more potential for use compared to the olden system. If nothing else, the potential is there for modders to use.

Regions are a method of grouping together provinces that are used for a common purpose, so that you don't have a massive list of provinces for each trigger that uses such a thing that has to be updated every time. Naturally, there will be times when a province or subregion is considered part of two different regions, for historical or gameplay purposes. That means that you have to resort to listing at least two different regions, often much more if you're going to have a complex setup like mods like to do, which is much more inconvenient than it would be if custom overlapping regions could be created.