• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Trytols

Captain
32 Badges
Mar 4, 2012
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
The "prepare for war" button is enabled only for allies but not for vassals and often they will get stackwiped or, since they are drilling, they get into war with full morale after months.

I would like to have the "prepare for war" button enabled for vassals and pu because there is no way they know you will declear war soon.

Since this is a really easy and useful feature to correct, I really hope this can be implemented in next patch.

Upvote 0
The "prepare for war" button is enabled only for allies but not for vassals and often they will get stackwiped or, since they are drilling, they get into war with full morale after months.

I would like to have the "prepare for war" button enabled for vassals and pu because there is no way they know you will declear war soon.

Since this is a really easy and useful feature to correct, I really hope this can be implemented in next patch.
Either that or vassals should follow the maintenance of their overlord to a certain minimum requirement. Maybe make them always have half the maintenance of the lord so that they aren't defenseless but still have options with their budget. Be better overall that they are always at least at half moral vs lord. Other than that as the lord, you should be able to make them prepare for war, and go to full maintenance, but for a prestige penalty. It is because you are the lord of the vassal, if you are so strong you should not need their full help or have too much power over them. The prestige hit I would say would probably be good to be 10 and it be a feature on the subject screen that will make all subjects prepare.

To me the main problem is that your moral is zero when drilling. Moral should reflect what you're normally pay your troops, instead of trashing your moral the moment you click a button. Plus, it's somewhat infuriating to not be able to drill while waiting for a rebel to pop up.

To me the main problem is that your moral is zero when drilling. Moral should reflect what you're normally pay your troops, instead of trashing your moral the moment you click a button. Plus, it's somewhat infuriating to not be able to drill while waiting for a rebel to pop up.
I do agree with that drill moral is just a little too penalizing. Maybe at half but not full down, with what happens.

Let us know what our vassals spies are doing is another thing I would like to know.
Restrictions maybe can be based on loyalty: if they are very loyal we get that info else not.