EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@KaiserJohan Thanks for communes ;)

And sorry for some temporary losses. Old world can't contain the revolution, workers and peasants will rise and destroy them from within. And you will resolve your issues with last reactionaries who were able to reinstate the throne and once again become the light of freedom for the world!

The world does belong to the whole humanity! Equality and freedom will prevail!

@KaiserJohan Thanks for communes ;)

And sorry for some temporary losses. Old world can't contain the revolution, workers and peasants will rise and destroy them from within. And you will resolve your issues with last reactionaries who were able to reinstate the throne and once again become the light of freedom for the world!

The world does belong to the whole humanity! Equality and freedom will prevail!

Congratulations on Bratyn for going Full Reformed! Now, fulfill your destiny-strike down the worker's commune and annex their lands! ;)

Why do people still refer to KingJohan as if he is a worker's commune? He crowned himself first oligarch, then dictator, and then King... As @Meneth has said, he has thrice betrayed the revolution! We are simply intervening in what is clearly a power-hungry madman who has manipulated the peasants into doing his bidding by sheer amount of propaganda!

Why do people still refer to KingJohan as if he is a worker's commune? He crowned himself first oligarch, then dictator, and then King... As @Meneth has said, he has thrice betrayed the revolution! We are simply intervening in what is clearly a power-hungry madman who has manipulated the peasants into doing his bidding by sheer amount of propaganda!
At least he tried! Where is your peasant republic?
There are just reactionary forces which must be eliminated prior the revolution will be successful (second or third one, whatever).
Also If I have to choose whose propaganda to listen to, I'd prefer his :)

People will always prefer a good story before actual facts. That's how the Kaiser came into power, and why he stills wields it today despite the impressive evidence proving he never believed in those things for one second.
This is the exact reason why Burgundy prefers to leave power in the hands of its educated dynasty instead of turning to the masses (especially peasant rabble).
Our serfs are an honest, devout and hard working bunch, but we're not gonna leave important decisions to them. Else we'd still be burning books and women left and right.

Our serfs are an honest, devout and hard working bunch, but we're not gonna leave important decisions to them. Else we'd still be burning books and women left and right.
There aren't even any books to burn in Burgundy! Are you so desperate to disparage your own people that you would tell lies about them? So much for your enlightened rule!

Will we actually see Kaiser Johan pick naval/maritime ideas?

By the time I could get them both I won't nearly have the economy to go 1:1 heavy ships against Holland which already has more than 4x of my income. I think my best bet is to just skip navies completely and bleed their manpower on land and just delay them as long as possible.

There aren't even any books to burn in Burgundy! Are you so desperate to disparage your own people that you would tell lies about them? So much for your enlightened rule!
But we do! Hand-copied in-folios that take forever to make.
Why do we think we banned book burning? That stuff is sooo costly to make :(

Ming randomly breaking tributary, even when you've been paying your tribute, is definitely a thing. It may have been tweaked with the other tweaks to Ming + tributaries they've made in the upcoming patch, but last time I played in India, it was still going strong.

I know PDS removed any major interest of Ming in tributaries outside of their borders and nearby pacific island nations. Not only to save player from puking each time they reach a half sphered India, but also to limit the exploit in growing early with huge AE in India under their mantle of fake protection. It also saves Russia the pointless invites to tributary if they keep a horde buffer.

How Ming exactly breaks tribute if you are at 100 trust and loyal seems odd to me... UNLESS you attack other tributaries. Make no mistake, if I was Ming I would kick your ass past "max tribute" (12 monarch points) in developement for that too.

It didn't happen for me as Ming with my tributaries... and neither as their tributary recently. I might need to do a Manchu/South East Asia run to verify how it happens.

I'm aware of that mechanism, but a few patches ago, the Ming also started to break tributary status if (or rather when) the player is growing too large, even if the player was diligently paying their dues. It's presumably to prevent one tributary from eating all the others, but as far as I know, only God and (maybe) the AI programmers know the exact threshold. I do know that it can happen without any warning (been there myself), though.

I will test it. If it also happens if you leave the Ming's tributaries alone and stay below 50 AE with them, that could be considered a bug or faux programming. Because if you don't even attack their tributaries or make them angry, there is no diplomatic reason for it.

I've no idea why anyone was surprised to see Indians in the Indian Ocean.

No one is surprised to see Indians in their Ocean, more like seeing Indians in their sphere of Influence and direct neighborhood.

There is a place called Oceania where nearly no player cares for you... aside of Bratyn if he ever follows his Dutch calling.

No one is surprised to see Indians in their Ocean, more like seeing Indians in their sphere of Influence and direct neighborhood.

There is a place called Oceania where nearly no player cares for you... aside of Bratyn if he ever follows his Dutch calling.

If he does, he should not expect a warm welcome.

Well, running the save in observer mode, the spice islands are owned by the Ottomans, Dai Viet dies horribly to everyone around it thanks to coalitions, Burgundy destroys the Netherlands and Theodoro goes on to master the Russian heartland.

Strange things can happen.

Well, running the save in observer mode, the spice islands are owned by the Ottomans, Dai Viet dies horribly to everyone around it thanks to coalitions, Burgundy destroys the Netherlands and Theodoro goes on to master the Russian heartland.

Strange things can happen.

Only three out of those four things will realistically happen.

WOOF WOOF

Only three out of those four things will realistically happen.

WOOF WOOF

Two! If the Indians and Africans rush for the Spice Islands the Ottoman, tied up in more conquest wars between Italy and the Semitic powers, will get at most some breadcrumbs of the Islands, easily taken for 2-3% in a later war. There will be no Osman sea empire.