• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alright, I finally got it to build. But I only have the CLI converter. Where is the FrontEnd app located, if there is one?
If there isn't a frontend for linux, how do I use the command based one?

Alright, I finally got it to build. But I only have the CLI converter. Where is the FrontEnd app located, if there is one?
If you did full build via build_linux_foreign, it should be right there inside release folder. It's called fronter, and it's built first in the script. You can run cli directly if you copy a configuration.txt inside. There's an example file in the docs.

Ok, so after installing the following missing dependencies from the Arch repos:
gnome-themes-standard appmenu-gtk-module

I got to this screen. So needless to say, I don't think this is supposed to look that way.
1645211908997.png

Logs do not give any hints
1645212032226.png

To use the CLI, go to Release/CK3toEU4 and create a file called configuration.txt with the following in it:

Code:
CK3DocDirectory = "/home/username/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III"
CK3directory = "/disc/steam/steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings III"
EU4directory = "/disc/steam/steam/steamapps/common/Europa Universalis IV"
targetGameModPath = "/home/username/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod"
SaveGame = "/home/username/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/save games/Mahlon_1066_09_15.ck3"
dejure = "1"
i_am_hre = "1"
shatter_hre_level = "1"
shatter_empires = "1"
shatter_level = "1"
split_vassals = "1"
development = "1"
siberia = "1"
sunset = "2"
dynamicInstitutions = "1"
output_name = "Israel_Empire"

Then update the paths for however your system is set up. Then run the CK3ToEU4Converter executable.

To use the CLI, go to Release/CK3toEU4 and create a file called configuration.txt with the following in it:

Code:
CK3DocDirectory = "/home/username/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III"
CK3directory = "/disc/steam/steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings III"
EU4directory = "/disc/steam/steam/steamapps/common/Europa Universalis IV"
targetGameModPath = "/home/username/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod"
SaveGame = "/home/username/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/save games/Mahlon_1066_09_15.ck3"
dejure = "1"
i_am_hre = "1"
shatter_hre_level = "1"
shatter_empires = "1"
shatter_level = "1"
split_vassals = "1"
development = "1"
siberia = "1"
sunset = "2"
dynamicInstitutions = "1"
output_name = "Israel_Empire"

Then update the paths for however your system is set up. Then run the CK3ToEU4Converter executable.
Thanks, that helped! The only thing that's off now, is that my save file is a v.1.5 one. But that is a seperate issue that I've seen will soon be resolved. Many thanks!

Ok, so after installing the following missing dependencies from the Arch repos:
gnome-themes-standard appmenu-gtk-module

I got to this screen. So needless to say, I don't think this is supposed to look that way.
View attachment 809170

Logs do not give any hints
View attachment 809179
See, this is why we really don't support linux. :)

The bug causing that is related to how utf8 characters are converted into wide 16-bit chars to be displayed on screen. Go to the fronter's submodule and do a git pull origin master so it grabs the latest fronter, then rebuild. It's already fixed but waiting on new converter release.

Thanks, that helped! The only thing that's off now, is that my save file is a v.1.5 one. But that is a seperate issue that I've seen will soon be resolved. Many thanks!
Seeing how you're literate, you could dump the repo you have and git checkout the PR currently open to ck3toeu4's master instead. that should give you 1.5 to 1.33.1 support.

PS: Building it and actually using it are 2 different things. I expect pain and suffering while the converter tries to convert the utf8 string to win1252 ones that eu4 needs, but no linux box supports. Still, see what happens, I'm very curious as to the results.

Seeing how you're literate, you could dump the repo you have and git checkout the PR currently open to ck3toeu4's master instead. that should give you 1.5 to 1.33.1 support.

PS: Building it and actually using it are 2 different things. I expect pain and suffering while the converter tries to convert the utf8 string to win1252 ones that eu4 needs, but no linux box supports. Still, see what happens, I'm very curious as to the results.
Alright, I'll try that tomorrow. Already excited myself to see what happens :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:

Looks like it worked!
1645257090975.png

Though, the Convert window and the logs are a bit scuffed
1645257567793.png

It also still gives the error that v > 1.4 are not supported
1645257640759.png

If you say it should support it, maybe there's a conditional not set yet?

alright! Everything works now. However, it has an issue finding the mod folder
View attachment 809365
Error does not occur when I launch the ck3toeu4converter with a configuration file

IIRC, that's from the fronter itself, so the config file method wouldn't even try that step. There may be a case difference between the output folder and what the fronter expects.

Are there any plans to convert country traditions/ideas from the dynamic cultures in CK3? Sort of like you're doing with the dynamic religions?

Like if I've created a custom culture with "practiced pirates"/"Seafarers"/"Maritime Mercantilism" traditions, and that's the ruling culture in Dynamistan, then maybe you see that reflected the Dynamistani ideas?