• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
any idea why the conversion fails? do I have the wrong game version?
For you and everyone else getting [ERROR] Title k_papal_state has CoA 1 which has no definition! You likely had a game in 1.5 that you then saved in 1.6. Go back to your last auto-save/backup in 1.5, rollback your CKIII to 1.5 and then use the older version of the convertor (threadmarked in this thread as 0.10J Jain) to convert a 1.5 CKIII save.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For you and everyone else getting [ERROR] Title k_papal_state has CoA 1 which has no definition! You likely had a game in 1.5 that you then saved in 1.6. Go back to your last auto-save/backup in 1.5, rollback your CKIII to 1.5 and then use the older version of the convertor (threadmarked in this thread as 0.10J Jain) to convert a 1.5 CKIII save.
thanks! I'll try that

I thought that I didn't have a 1.5 save but I did in the end but after downloading the 0.10j Jain build it still gives me these errors with the previous save
d6a7ae5ea6066f1ebc9a1da37dc70a2e.png

downloaded from your the threadmark provided link 2 time already both times the same result
it does say in the log that it's 0.10k version even tho I downloaded it from the provided link

Attachments

• log.txt
    2,2 KB · Views: 0
  • f0b2605cb93144a34e99149105aa10f3.png
    f0b2605cb93144a34e99149105aa10f3.png
    3,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I thought that I didn't have a 1.5 save but I did in the end but after downloading the 0.10j Jain build it still gives me these errors with the previous save View attachment 845940
downloaded from your the threadmark provided link 2 time already both times the same result
it does say in the log that it's 0.10k version even tho I downloaded it from the provided link
Looks like that threadmark is still pointing to the live build for now. (Edited to genericize the advice.) To grab an old build manually go to Github and look up paradoxGameConvertors, Ck3ToEu4 then look for releases. Go to the release you want and under Assets download the corresponding zip file.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I have the same issue, however I changed from a 1.5 ironman save to a 1.6 one. Is there any way for me to get this to work without a 1.5 version of my save available?

PS: I already checked to see if my save has a previous version I could restore. It doesn't and it is a cloud save file.

0.11K - Kushite
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

View attachment 845637
Compatible with CK3 [1.6] and EU4 [1.33]

CK3ToEU4, 0.11Kushite​

Custodial Release​

This is a small patch bringing support for 1.6 CK3 but also introducing dynamical ideas built upon cultural traditions and heritages.

Hotfixes​

• Fix for autosave processing.
  • Fix for very large metadata header in zipped savegames.

Coldfixes​

• Fixed how building upgrades count towards development
  • Disabled CK2 mangling of Indian religions, now they stick to CK3 status.
  • Patched issues with personal deities introduced by 1.33 changes to mechanics.

Expansions​

• Nestorian holy sites added
  • Support for new 1.5.1 titles
  • Large patch that allows custom ideas for custom titles - dynamically built upon chosen heritages and traditions.
  • Added support for RICE mod.
  • Dropped support for East Asia as it's unsupportable by the converter.

Shuffles​

• More ImpToCK3 cultures.

Replying to add a thread mark.

I have the same issue, however I changed from a 1.5 ironman save to a 1.6 one. Is there any way for me to get this to work without a 1.5 version of my save available?

PS: I already checked to see if my save has a previous version I could restore. It doesn't and it is a cloud save file.

Converting save issue with Papal State.
Importing any version of a save into any new/updated version of any PDX game had always corrupted the save without exceptions, or caused straight crashes when differences were too great. CK, EU, Victoria, HoI, doesn't matter. If you have a save before you updated the game, revert the game and use the old converter (can find it on github or first post). If not, the save is corrupted and can't be converted.

Hello, I got a savegame from 1.5 working on 1.6, and trying to use a converter allowed me to notice that the flag of Papal States completely disappeared, which prevents me from converting the game. Also for some reason venice turned into a republic, but that's less relevant. If anyone would like to help me fix these issues, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• log.txt
    8,3 KB · Views: 0
  • howdidthe.ck3
    57,2 MB · Views: 0
Hello, I got a savegame from 1.5 working on 1.6, and trying to use a converter allowed me to notice that the flag of Papal States completely disappeared, which prevents me from converting the game. Also for some reason venice turned into a republic, but that's less relevant. If anyone would like to help me fix these issues, thanks in advance.
Same answer as the one directly above your question.

I just completed my Spain playthrough with the new update and I wanted to take it to eu4 but I keep getting a convertor error, and I've tried everything I can think of but I keep getting the same result.

Attachments

• log.txt
    35,8 KB · Views: 0
I just completed my Spain playthrough with the new update and I wanted to take it to eu4 but I keep getting a convertor error, and I've tried everything I can think of but I keep getting the same result.
I suggest a steam verify of ck3 installation. A clean wipe might help too.

So I know I'm using a slightly modded version of CK3 but the converter seems robust and dynamic enough that it should be able to account for the changes made in the mod used, especially given that these changes complement the use of the Converter, but the converter seems unable to replicate replacement cultures (or generate new ones??) for the new cultures added in the mod I was using (anatolian Turkish, German Prussian, Moldavian etc.). It also did not recognize the Monastic Order government made for the Teutonic and Livonian Orders, and while that was certainly expected it would be very nice if the converter was made to recognize such things (pretty please).
A cry in the dark, but hope it helps at all?

Attachments

• log.txt
    48,9 KB · Views: 0
So I know I'm using a slightly modded version of CK3 but the converter seems robust and dynamic enough that it should be able to account for the changes made in the mod used, especially given that these changes complement the use of the Converter, but the converter seems unable to replicate replacement cultures (or generate new ones??) for the new cultures added in the mod I was using (anatolian Turkish, German Prussian, Moldavian etc.). It also did not recognize the Monastic Order government made for the Teutonic and Livonian Orders, and while that was certainly expected it would be very nice if the converter was made to recognize such things (pretty please).
A cry in the dark, but hope it helps at all?
I think you have it backwards. The converter is robust because it can be tweaked to support (almost) any mod, not because it magically knows what "ishaqiya" or "germ_prussian" or "monastic_order_government" means without any prior context.

If you want to tweak the converter to support the mods you use, feel free to alter the files in configurables/ folder, and add the new cultures to culture_map.txt, religions to religions_map.txt, and new government forms to government_map.txt.

Once you do that the errors should go away. If you want, you could upload the changed files here and assuming all is well we can incorporate those additions into the converter for future use.

Hey, my conversion keeps failing at 75% every time. From the log files, it could be that Cat's Coat of Arms Mod is preventing the conversion.

Attachments

• log.txt
    18,7 KB · Views: 0
Hey, my conversion keeps failing at 75% every time. From the log files, it could be that Cat's Coat of Arms Mod is preventing the conversion.
Yup, it's possible the mod has some nonsense coat definitions inside.